attachment.php

or a couple of these

cylinder-mounted-gas-burner-with-domestic-pressure-cooker.jpg

Attachments

• Gas-Cooker-2-fires-with-9-gas-bottles_1.jpg
    Gas-Cooker-2-fires-with-9-gas-bottles_1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
From the sound of it (last house burnt down) ---possibly best to put the kitchen outside of the enclosed home.

Many Thai homes have their kitchens and gas outside (totally apart from living quarters) to easily ventilate cooking fumes without heating up the living areas.

Might be an idea that can be very easily accomplished by your B-I-L.

The moron in law already built a separated 'kitchen' big like a shoebox. The house and the shoebox were built a few months before I met my wife.

Nice kitchens, thanks for posting these pictures. I hope the B-I-L will change its mind and agree to have a kitchen inside the house.
Do you have an idea about the price of a kitchen like the ones we can see on your pictures ?
I think we don't have enough space to build such a big extra room behind the house, I will have to check as soon as I get there. If we want a kitchen like that, we must use half of the empty space we already have in the house + build an extra room at the back.

Having a 'Thai kitchen' separate from the main house has advantages. Strange cooking smells stay outside, groups of visiting or local Thais stay outside, your house has less chance of being burnt to the ground, etc, etc.

Having a 'Thai kitchen' separate from the main house has advantages. Strange cooking smells stay outside, groups of visiting or local Thais stay outside, your house has less chance of being burnt to the ground, etc, etc.

Thanks for answering.

We don't have visitors, neighbour on the left is my sister in law (one of them, her house is a few meters from ours), neighbour on the right is my brother in law (one of them, his house is a few meters from ours). We do family barbecues in front of our house and strange cooking smells is in my sister in law outside kitchen. Plus, I am used to have thai food cooking smells inside the house here in Europe.
Burning the house is a risk, specially in that family.
We don't have a lot of space behind the house to build a decent western size kitchen, they didn't think about that when the house was built because at that time I hadn't met my wife and she was happy with a shoebox size kitchen. Now that we live in Europe she wants a western kitchen.
We will talk about that with the family next month. I hope we will be able to decide something before next century.

Back