Will the Fed raise the rate...

Look what you have done now Coffee! LOL!

World stock market MELTDOWN: FTSE 100 loses £30bn amid fears of US interest rates

WORLDWIDE stock markets plunged on Monday as panicked investors rushed to sell shares amid fears the US could raise interest rates this month.
Britain's top share index the FTSE 100 plunged by 1.6 per cent, wiping around £30billion off its value in just half an hour.

In Europe, the situation was even worse, with Germany's Dax and France's CAC falling by almost two per cent.

It comes after heavy losses earlier in the day across Asia and Australia.

The panic has largely been triggered by fears the US could raise interest rates in September.

From Aug 25th until today - about 2 weeks in American money. Its fair to say, I think, that most people on this forum don't give a rat's ass or care even less about what the Fed will or will not do with the 'rate'. Clearly such high finance is way beyond the means of most of us mere mortals.

Hmmm....funny that.:confused:

Ya dink i's time fo' a leeettle financial market volatility once Yellen whispers her magic words at the FOMC announcement manana 21 September 14:00 EST/USA...:eek:

(No worries as you can't control the private crystal ball.)

a leeettle financial market volatility

Markets are doing the Chicken little dance. We all know there is no where to run when the sky is falling.
I am sure running in ever decreasing circles makes you feel better though.

No worries here. I'm hoping on that little pop for the USD so I can play xe 'T.T.' with 35 at SCB on Friday.

Oh well Rice, the Fed didn't have the bollocks to give a nudge to rates providing another pop to the stock market.

The USD dropped 10 satang to 34.65...I'll hold my dollars until December. :sunglasses:

[I might have to review a small stock sale prior to that time just as a cautionary measure towards the future direction of stock market once rates increase (ie: MSFT pushing 58...sold off some earlier this year at 53; NOC @ 215; YUM @ 90 ).] ♤

How long will they play this game for ? It has been going on for 2 years now. Just as the markets go into free fall and stabilise and currencies world wide brace. Then they do nothing. Maybe they are waiting for the time "The Chicken little dance" is finally not played out they will pounce and destroy the markets. It might just be a tactic that stimulates the markets as static markets are not a good thing. So as the USD takes another dive at least currencies that are not USD locked make a surge against the likes of the Baht. The AUD and the GBP has jumped 20 Satang. A good thing for you Poms as you were heading to a 5 year low before the jump.

FOMC meeting begins today in America and Chairwoman Yellen will make the Fed's much anticipated rate announcement along with an economic forecast at 02:00 Thursday Thai-time.

Is the Fed finally going to raise its rate ?
Will the US$ jump or sputter against the THB ?

The Fed pops its cherry for the first time in ten years with a .25% increase. :screamcat:

It must of been factored in because there is not much excitement on currency markets.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen will send a Valentine message today in a policy report with testimony before Congressional members. ;;red heart;;
Of course there will be no way to decipher exactly when the Fed will increase the rate again though expectations are not for end of March...possibly later in June...possibly.

Is "(irrational) exuberance" returning to markets ?

I don't think it has ceased. eg record Dow numbers. Maybe Trump will finally trigger the so called "Death of money " As expert James Rickards would put it. The collapse of the monetary system awaits the world in the near future. Russia and China's desire to rid the US dollar of its global reserve currency status. "(Irrational) exuberance" is a sign of the “increasingly inevitable” crisis.

The Fed Reserve has been and currently is now seriously pondering as how exactly to do the big unwind that follows eight years of quantitative easing without collapsing the deck of cards.

Stock markets worldwide are sitting at historical price levels and p/e's awaiting an announcement from Fed Chairwoman Janet Yellen following the current FOMC meeting.

◇Note: the potential of a March rate increase is definitely back on the table.

If the Fed does not raise rates at the March meeting, it will surprise financial markets. And it will damage the Fed's remaining credibility, if it had any left that is. So, we can assume a March rate hike is on for sure. In my opinion though, this 25 basis points will do nothing to the currency market as it has been factored in already. But not putting it up will cause a decline.

Very true Caeser.
I'd be more interested in St Theresa's actions later this month.

Back