Will the Fed raise the rate...

Strange how the BOT jumped and made the USD blip a whole 60 Satang and went back to where it was half an hour after the announcement. The BOT showed their cards in the game.
They thought there would be a surge. And suddenly nothing happened.

Here we are again although two years later with a new Chairman of the Federal Reserve.
The Fed has decided on a U-turn saying no increase to the Fed interest rate and 'signals' none forthcoming in three months.

Oh my, says quite a bit about the world economy at present...and possibly will keep more hands on deck in the equity markets moving forward...(stalling any market selloff).

The Fed has decided on a U-turn saying no increase to the Fed interest rate and 'signals' none forthcoming in three months.
Oh my, says quite a bit about the world economy at present...and possibly will keep more hands on deck in the equity markets moving forward...(stalling any market selloff).

Take a look at the equity markets just over the last two weeks.
The Federal Reserve announced no forthcoming rate increase and potentially some rate decreases in 2020.

Holy shite Batman, is the future economy of the real world appearing so forlorn in the eyes of the Federal Reserve ?

Just look at the USD xe-rate to the THB over the past ten days...fark. :mask:

I've been fully vested in the equity markets since 2008. It has been an amazing 11-year ride.
Might be time to pull some clams off the plate.

Under current U.S. Federal Tax law a single-filer will pay 0% on Long-term capital gains (sale of stock) up to $39,000 annually.

Additionally a single-filer over 50 years of age can contribute $7,000 into an IRA reducing ones tax liability if above the $39,000 threshold or simply bury the $7,000 to grow tax-free for a minimum of at least one year.

Additionally a single-filer over 50 years of age can contribute $7,000 into an IRA reducing ones tax liability if above the $39,000 threshold or simply bury the $7,000 to grow tax-free for a minimum of at least one year.

One is hopefully believing that the acronym does not represent the "Irish Republican Army".

Now look at this one!Dormant for 2yrs .The heading is wrong for what s about to happen following Trump s go at "Jerome Powell"Im sorry but if you re following the current economic news the Fed will be reducing int/rates maybe 3 times
in the next 12 mths.That s why Gold this week broke thro 2 big resistant levels & reached it s highest level since 2013.

Take a look at the equity markets just over the last two weeks.
The Federal Reserve announced no forthcoming rate increase and potentially some rate decreases in 2020.

Just look at the USD xe-rate to the THB over the past ten days...fark. :mask:

I've been fully vested in the equity markets since 2008. It has been an amazing 11-year ride.

After G20 Osaka summit meeting with the "terrific news" that China-US are resuming trade talks I expect the US markets along with other world indexes to be bullish this holiday week.

How far can they run this pony up the pole without breaking Santa Anita ?

(Getting very close to taking those clams up to capital gains 0% limit for 2019.)

Now look at this one!Dormant for 2yrs .The heading is wrong for what s about to happen following Trump s go at "Jerome Powell"Im sorry but if you re following the current economic news the Fed will be reducing int/rates maybe 3 times
in the next 12 mths.That s why Gold this week broke thro 2 big resistant levels & reached it s highest level since 2013.

Same as I have been reading. Lower rates are expected soon, not higher.

Take a look at the equity markets...
(con't...)

Under current U.S. Federal Tax law a single-filer will pay 0% on Long-term capital gains (sale of stock) up to $39,000 annually.

Friday witnessed the sale of all my 'non-IRA' (retirement) account shares of MSFT at $136.
I purchased more than ten years ago and reinvested all dividends.
Amazing the run-up this past decade. I was just lucky.
When MSFT hit $140 I placed sell points at $145 high and $136 low.
I just figured it was time to take something off the table. Nobody knows which way the wind is going to blow.

(Truly no one knows the future as I sold some MSFT at $56 the summer prior to 2016 election thinking the Dems would increase tax rates.)

It appears the markets are continuing the shakeout this week from Asia to Europe...and who knows along with the China-U.S. trade tariff concerns.

22 June 2019
Im sorry but if you re following the current economic news the Fed will be reducing int/rates maybe 3 times in the next 12 mths.

12 December 2019: Really...what did Chairman Jerome Powell state yesterday ?

(Of course he could lose his position one way or another...and as always and with most things everything is subject to change.)

After G20 Osaka summit meeting...

How far can they run this pony up the pole without breaking Santa Anita ?

(Getting very close to taking those clams up to capital gains 0% limit for 2019.)

Note: Clams taken up to the full capital gains limit for 2019.

Back