Will the USD fall...

^^^ I'm posting an actual transaction rate after all fees and charges...not a 'phantom' rate prior to 'deductions'.

^^^ I'm posting an actual transaction rate after all fees and charges...not a 'phantom' rate prior to 'deductions'.

The rates I posted are what finical institutes go on. Granted you and I do get charged for the use off.. There is nothing phantom about those rates.:p:D

SCB "T.T. rate" - 36.07 at 10:20 this morning.

Not as high as when chips were exchanged in October but anything over 36 on the latest uptick move is fine by me. If the pundits/ oracles are correct on 37 later this year I'll be on my way to the bank again. ;)

Is this what you were referring to on another thread today re Brexit, Co-Co?
Nowhere have I read the USD hitting 40...where did you ?

18 Sept 2015 :
LOL , Rice. Thanks as I was sleeping soundly. Dream1

Three weeks ago I received 35.46 (and posted to that effect).

25 - 35 satang isn't going to make much of a difference to me keeping in mind that the USD was exchanging under 30 just two years ago.

So if it pushes above 36 I'll jump back in...(and even possibly again by year's end if there's a downward move towards 35).

Conversely watching the AUD slump from 32 just two years ago to where it is today
I would indeed lose some sleep (without sheep).

Coco, this is what I wrote one-and-a-half years ago.

What is this xe @ 40 that you're tripping on about ?

Obviously American expats who cash out US$ into THB are feeling the pain after their first year under the Trump Administration.

Go to the currency exchange window of your local financial institution and you'll be lucky to pass go and collect 32 for your greenback.

Sure Trump wants to make American corporations more competitive through lower taxes along with a weaker dollar but seriously --- a decrease of more than 10% in 2017 and still falling doesn't bode well for the world's "reserve currency".

(Possibly it's still strong against the currencies south of the wall.
"Señor, how much is that taco ?")

Obviously American expats who cash out US$ into THB are feeling the pain after their first year under the Trump Administration.

Go to the currency exchange window of your local financial institution and you'll be lucky to pass go and collect 32 for your greenback.

Sure Trump wants to make American corporations more competitive through lower taxes along with a weaker dollar but seriously --- a decrease of more than 10% in 2017 and still falling doesn't bode well for the world's "reserve currency".

(Possibly it's still strong against the currencies south of the wall.
"Señor, how much is that taco ?")

Choose you bank carefully. TMB GSB and BAY best locally. Avoid Kasikorn. May well be worth a visit to Bangkok or Pattaya if large sums involved

Yesterdays rates http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

The USD is sluggish it looks far worse against a unfounded strong and strengthening Baht. It is not the USD that is in time for correction it is the Baht. Currency trading is all relative from your perspective.
To get the right perspective use this tool.

http://megatrendfx.com/additional-forex-indicators/currency-strength-meter-indicator

You will see the USD still has a relative high strength factor it only lags behind the Euro. Check out how the Pound and CAD Loonie are doing, this will make Georges day.

Nice tool there Rice.
It would appear it sucks to be in a THB life-style at present for exchanging the devalued US$.

[Look at the equity markets. Talking about irrational exuberance. OMFG. And Trump's going to add what, ONE TRILLION, to the national debt "to create jobs for 'AMERICANS'". Double OMFG-FOS. :flushed:]

Nice tool there Rice.
It would appear it sucks to be in a THB life-style at present for exchanging the devalued US$.

[Look at the equity markets. Talking about irrational exuberance. OMFG. And Trump's going to add what, ONE TRILLION, to the national debt "to create jobs for 'AMERICANS'". Double OMFG-FOS. :flushed:]

I look at it this way. If the US can create a shocking: $12.3 trillion of money printing, nearly $10 trillion in negative-yielding global bonds, 654 interest rate cuts since Lehman Brothers collapsed in 2008.
Apparently all those actions have resulted in global growth in advanced economies that likely won't eclipse 2 percent and beleive or not the lowest interest rates the world has seen in 5,000 years.

So nothing they can do will actually make the USD collapse. It is in absolutely no ones interest to call out that the emperor has no clothes.

Shyte's got to hit the fan sooner or later when the lenders call in their loans.

The lenders may quite well be the lucky taxpayer [in the above scenario].

upload_2018-1-4_10-48-55.jpeg
The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary system.
Book by James Rickards
The next financial collapse will resemble nothing in history. Deciding upon the best course to follow will require comprehending a minefield of risks, while poised at a crossroads, pondering the death of the dollar.

This guy has been screaming this message for years now. Makes a good read to feed any paranoia you have Coffee.

Just hot of the press today, the US have fingered Thailand along with India as a currency manipulator.

Thailand and India may have to give freer rein to the baht and rupee this year to avoid triggering US accusations that they’re manipulating their currencies to support exports.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has already exceeded a key threshold on how much it can intervene to curb the rupee’s gains that the US monitors, according to Nomura Holdings Inc. Policy makers in Thailand have also passed this level with the baht, said Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd.

The US is taking notice of the unusual strength of the Baht. Is it rude to say I told you so. It is not the USD that is going down it is the Baht rising.
They are covering something up on the true state of the Thai economy. Don't forget the massive debt Yingluck rang up. It is still there you know.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/busines...dia-risk-being-added-to-us-currency-watchlist

"Just hot of the press today, the US have fingered Thailand along with India as a currency manipulator."

Good. Now screw them back for doing so.

Back