Will the USD fall...

4 March 2016:
Seems when the DJIA upticks the USD lowers as money moves out of (currently) 1.85% 10-year US Treasuries and into stock portofolios...or so it has seemed.

As well when the DJIA drops the USD gains. Just my observation.

I'm still observing. :cool:
US$ below 32...:mask:

Off shore money is flooding into Thailand forcing the USD and the GBP to take it in the arse. Along with manipulation.

I went to SCB to exchange some pesos into Thai bhat this morning.
I've noticed that the ladies there like to practice their English.

I also noticed that it was very busy in their main branch today.
As my number was called I approached, waied and said nonchalantly, "How are you today ?" while taking a seat at her desk.

She quietly replied and I thought I had heard,
"Coffee, you holler now me fear blow." ;;girl;;
Stunned :hushed: , I almost fell over myself and out of the chair.

As I'm a tad hard of hearing and she spoke so softly I leaned forward and eagerly stated, "Excuse me. Can you repeat that please ?"

She smiled and quietly repeated, "Coffee, you dollar-ee na three year low."

I was speechless. :pensive:
She then proceeded to point to a 32.72 on her TT-xe printout.

I glumly replied looking over the desk at her printout, "Oh my...umm...ahh, shucks." :sleepy:

Supposedly USD$1 will exchange at AUD$1.23 and CAD$1.23.

The AUD is showing exceptional strength to the USD over the past six months.

Let's see, Mr President...you want to raise tariffs on imports while weakening the value of the USD to make American manufacturing great again.

What's that called...manipulating the marketplace ?
Or is it PC to simply say 'tweaking the dials of American capitalism' ? :rolleyes:

"Drivin' that train
High on cocaine.
Casey Jones,
You'd better watch your speed."

The USD just ripped a new low against the THB on its less-than-one-year 11% journey south from 35. :flushed:

The Year of the Dog.
Will you still bow-wow at 31? :tired:

Go back 5 years...why not go back 15 years ?

Yes Robjak...is it a cycle or a downturn ?

Theoretically if it's dropped 11% within the past one year then are we to assume it will bounce back 11% this next year ?

What exactly are your thoughts on the percentage direction of the US dollar through 2018 ?

I must admit Coffee this time it is just not the Baht appreciating but indeed there seems a slow leak in the USD and an assault on Gold has started. All the quantitative easing did not put a dent in the value.
Maybe now it is all catching up. So will higher interest rates make the dollar fall or rise. You would think rise but the opposite seems true. Your right @ColinW because noone seems to know or predict what is going on. All we can say for certain is it looks like Bit Coin has burst and Gold seems in favour at the moment.

Back