WISE

Im not sure, but maybe it was put in place, when a certain person was causing trouble, wherever he went on the internet.

No. I think the Whitnall family just copied other internet forums' rules.

Easiest thing to do I suppose - but pointless, as Dave the Dude, Chaimai and BOLOA have proved

No. I think the Whitnall family just copied other internet forums' rules.

Easiest thing to do I suppose - but pointless, as Dave the Dude, Chaimai and BOLOA have proved
I think you will find that Dave the Dude didn't have multiple accounts, but changed the names of one account. As for the other miscreants, it was a different story on all forums.

I think you will find that Dave the Dude didn't have multiple accounts, but changed the names of one account. As for the other miscreants, it was a different story on all forums.

LOL......You little angel! :grinning:

U don't thing boloa was banned from there either.....looks like I was the only miscreant! :)

2.2)You may not register multiple accounts on the Surin Farang Forum (except for STAFF accounts). Any users found to have registered more than one account on the Surin Farang Forum or given passwords to others so that they can use member account ts are liable to have their right to post removed. No access will be tolerated with a Hidden IP Address via a VPN/Proxy Server or such like system.

Please confirm which membership name you would like to use, so that the second one can then be closed.
Stargazer

As a relative newcomer to using Wise to transfer funds from my UK bank to my Thai bank, I wonder if today's experience is typical, or whether my previous transfers - which were completed within seconds are more normal.

Here's what has happened so far:
1702289379090.png
Whilst a cheap transfer scheduled for completion within 24 hours is acceptable, I joined a Facebook group today, called Wise (Transferwise) Group in which almost every post is a complaint about their service, including some who have been waiting weeks or months for refunds where their transfer requests have not been carried out.

In common with a number of similar social media groups, the posts are very badly written and some are barely coherent. That alone may indicate that they have failed to understand the Wise transfer instructions, or have failed to follow them correctly.

Has anyone here who uses Wise experienced any problems with slow transfers, refunds, or account cancellations?

Info (by PM if preferred) would be much appreciated.

As a relative newcomer to using Wise to transfer funds from my UK bank to my Thai bank, I wonder if today's experience is typical, or whether my previous transfers - which were completed within seconds are more normal.

Here's what has happened so far:
View attachment 71738
Whilst a cheap transfer scheduled for completion within 24 hours is acceptable, I joined a Facebook group today, called Wise (Transferwise) Group in which almost every post is a complaint about their service, including some who have been waiting weeks or months for refunds where their transfer requests have not been carried out.

In common with a number of similar social media groups, the posts are very badly written and some are barely coherent. That alone may indicate that they have failed to understand the Wise transfer instructions, or have failed to follow them correctly.

Has anyone here who uses Wise experienced any problems with slow transfers, refunds, or account cancellations?

Info (by PM if preferred) would be much appreciated.

I don't transfer frequently, maybe once every six months, but I have had no delays up to now. My last transfer was early October 2023, a few minutes.

Only ever had one occasion when a transfer was not received until the following day.

95% of transfers are received in seconds, with the odd one taking an hour or so.

I make 1 or 2 transfers each week.

Later....Sod's Law... I have just made a small transfer of £360....it says that the funds will arrive 09:55 tomorrow!

Last edited:
I use Wise for transfers into my Bangkok Bank Account
When making a transfer I always select the reason as funds for long term stay in Thailand and depending on the time I make the transfer it is always received either 2 pm same day or more usually if I make the transfer later in the morning 2 pm the following day

When making a transfer I always select the reason as funds for long term stay in Thailand and depending on the time I make the transfer it is always received either 2 pm same day or more usually if I make the transfer later in the morning 2 pm the following day
I had previously noticed the 2pm payment time for Bangkok Bank, regardless of the reason for transfer. Invariably, modest transfers to Kasikorn are received within seconds.

Same here colin. Everytime.

Just for the record, the transfer I requested yesterday at 12.57pm was paid out by WISE at 8.54 am today, sent to my BK Bank at 1.13pm today, and I received notification of it being credited to my account there a few moments ago (at 2.01pm 12/12/23)

Thank you for your earlier comments.

I don't know what you consider "modest" but my £5,000.00 transfers have also been received by Kasikorn Bank within minutes if not seconds.

My previous transfers have taken just seconds to arrive in my Thai account. On this occasion, I suspect that whilst HSBC transferred funds to Wise immediately, Wise delayed the next stage, perhaps in the belief that as yesterday was a public holiday here, it could justify holding on to the funds for a few hours. If, as stated by Wise, they transferred the funds to BK Bank at 8.54 am today, it is a bit surprising that BK Bank took a further 5 hours and 7 minutes to credit my account - they normally do so in a just few moments.

I had sent Sterling to Wise who then converted it to Baht and sending Baht to BK Bank. The exchange rate was 44.7436. I'm happy with the service and the rate received.

Back