electric bill

How could you possibly use 3 washing machines?

Do you have a laundry business?
I don't, but on washing day all three are going strong. No washing business - but there's always a pile due to numerous changes of clothes almost every day.

And where does he hang out the wet clothes to dry?

View attachment 41155

There's a long washing line that stretches across the width of the plot at the rear of the house. If it rains, items that aren't already dry are moved into the downstairs shower room where an extendable drying hanger provides 6 lines x 2.5 metres across the room with an open window and a fan if necessary. 'Er indoors sees to the washing and drying, and her son (age 17 in a week) has to see to his own things including his bedding, all his schoolwear and scout clothes, army uniform, and a daily basketball kit for after-school games.

I am not complaining but I don't understand it
Last month units used 650 This month read today 662
cost of usage 2648.17 1945.10
adjustments 38.22 38.22
-99.58 -75.22
tax 181.08 133.57
payable 2767.89 2041.67

I am not complaining but I don't understand it
Last month units used 650 This month read today 662
cost of usage 2648.17 1945.10
adjustments 38.22 38.22
-99.58 -75.22
tax 181.08 133.57
payable 2767.89 2041.67

I haven't had my bill yet @ColinW - is the FT adjustment the same as last month = -0.1562?

And is your supply in excess of 15 amps?

My table went out of line when I posted it, but you get the idea
I haven't had my bill yet @ColinW - is the FT adjustment the same as last month = -0.1562?

The FT adjustment is -0.1532 for both months showing as -99.58/-75.22 on the bills

My bills don't seem to show if my supply is in excess of 15amps

If your standing charge is ฿46.16 p.m. then your supply is in excess of 15 amps.

The bills should be this (roughly):

Electric bill.jpg
As they aren't, I have no answer.

Are you sure there are no free units? We sometimes get 50 free (no idea why).

If your standing charge is ฿46.16 p.m. then your supply is in excess of 15 amps.

The bills should be this (roughly):

As they aren't, I have no answer.

Are you sure there are no free units? We sometimes get 50 free (no idea why).

It looks like your standing charge is for a <15 amp supply (฿38.22). If that is the case then your bills should be as these:

Electric bill 2.jpg

Our PEA bill arrived today, and it has broken our record for the lowest yet at 2,904.88 for the month, that's 887 baht lower than last month.

By November, PEA should be paying US to consume THEIR electricity at this rate of decrease ;)

You need to look at the meter If it is 15 amp it will show 15/45amp. a 5 amp meter shows 5/15amp
Look ! What is wrong with you guys "Don't you know how to decode your type service code on your bill!"
You should of been born with this information. Or so it was put to me at PEA some years back. Funny enough I was not born with this information.

In the type field ,The type normally for residential is Tariff 1114 The first 3 digits, 111 means up to 5 Amp, 112 means 15 Amp.

I am still to figure out the what the last digit means.
@Bandersnatch last year you posted a few bills I went back and looked at them for reference. I recall they changed your meter in all the too and throw. Did you notice at any stage that they bumped you up to Service 212?. Which has a higher tariff which is for small business with a residence.

Edit I assumed it was a higher tariff .It is not. Just some different conditions.

Last edited:
Look ! What is wrong with you guys "Don't you know how to decode your type service code on your bill!"
You should of been born with this information. Or so it was put to me at PEA some years back. Funny enough I was not born with this information.

In the type field ,The type normally for residential is Tariff 1114 The first 3 digits, 111 means up to 5 Amp, 112 means 15 Amp.

I am still to figure out the what the last digit means.
@Bandersnatch last year you posted a few bills I went back and looked at them for reference. I recall they changed your meter in all the too and throw. Did you notice at any stage that they bumped you up to Service 212?. Which has a higher tariff which is for small business with a residence.

My "type" is 2125.

Back