90-day report and extensions

Well, Kap Choeng is hardly 'local' for the big city denizens of Surin. What? An hour up and an hour back. And that's without stopping at wife's favorite noodle shops and a relatives little restaurant on the way back. LOL
From Rattanaburi it is a 4 hour return trip. That is why I stay a night or two in Surin. That way I can get my english therapy lessons.

Stopped in at Sisaket Immigration Friday at 3:30 with my letter from DLT asking for a letter from Immigration for my drivers license renewal. I left with it 10 minutes later. We are lucky in SSK, they usually are very accommodating. Just wear long pants, show deference and don't show up 15 minutes before lunch or the end of the day or they will let you sit and tell you to come back. 55

Stopped in at Sisaket Immigration Friday at 3:30 with my letter from DLT asking for a letter from Immigration for my drivers license renewal. I left with it 10 minutes later. We are lucky in SSK, they usually are very accommodating. Just wear long pants, show deference and don't show up 15 minutes before lunch or the end of the day or they will let you sit and tell you to come back. 55

Any charge?

You were not military.
The 3 adults in my (Childhood) home were in WW11 and my Grandfather was in WW1. For over 60 years my father was also a Military tailor at No.1 Saville Row so I did hear a few choice tales /words about military service.

So enlighten me, what does it mean????

My 90 day report was due on 24th March. I have rarely reported in person as, historically, I have usually traveled somewhere out of the country. More recently I have reported online.

With the online system being unavailable since 18th February, that option was out.

Whilst persevering with online attempts up tp 31st March my only option after that date was to report in person to Buriram Immigration (they don't accept postal submissions) by 6th April.

All well and good, but I had been in Bang Saray since 20th January and had no intention of driving back to Buriram just to do a 90 day report. The fine @ 2,000 Baht would actually be less than the motoring costs.

I decided to submit a TM30 (TM28 no longer needed for a change of address) at Jomtien Immigration and report there. My landlord prepared the form and I just spent 25 minutes waiting at the TM30 counters. Once completed I obtained another queue ticket for 90 day reporting and was seen immediately - that task completed in about one minute. Bigger queues than I am used to seeing in Buriram but then Jomtien Immigration has 20+ counters and are efficient with their processing.

Having made the change it now (theoretically) commits me to doing my annual extension there in June.................... (unless I submit a TM30 in Buriram)

My 90 day report was due on 24th March. I have rarely reported in person as, historically, I have usually traveled somewhere out of the country. More recently I have reported online.

With the online system being unavailable since 18th February, that option was out.

Whilst persevering with online attempts up tp 31st March my only option after that date was to report in person to Buriram Immigration (they don't accept postal submissions) by 6th April.

All well and good, but I had been in Bang Saray since 20th January and had no intention of driving back to Buriram just to do a 90 day report. The fine @ 2,000 Baht would actually be less than the motoring costs.

I decided to submit a TM30 (TM28 no longer needed for a change of address) at Jomtien Immigration and report there. My landlord prepared the form and I just spent 25 minutes waiting at the TM30 counters. Once completed I obtained another queue ticket for 90 day reporting and was seen immediately - that task completed in about one minute. Bigger queues than I am used to seeing in Buriram but then Jomtien Immigration has 20+ counters and are efficient with their processing.

Having made the change it now (theoretically) commits me to doing my annual extension there in June.................... (unless I submit a TM30 in Buriram)
Did something similar in Jomtien once quite a few years back while on holiday there. The woman there got a little pissy when I gave her the paperwork and said I wanted to do my 90 day report. She said I have to do it in Chong Chum/Kap Choeng Immi. She started to argue, gave me the eye, but saw I was properly dressed and groomed (slacks not shorts, shoes not sandals, recent haircut and shave, and had my wife with me as well, dressed proper, older than her, and speaking Bangkok Thai. Her mother had taught her and her sister the proper use and dialect since they were little kids.) and she just said f**k it and gave me a 90 day stamp/paper. Told my wife it was highly irregular, but my wife said, 'Why? We are here in Jomtien on holiday. We should drive 7 hours back and get a stamp and drive all the way back here to finish our holidays? It's just a 90 day report on our address.' My wife can be very charming and polite and amusing. The woman agreed it was silly and gave up and did the report. I don't know how long ago the internet 90 day report started for the reporting, but I think it was previous to that option. Not sure.

I never go to Immi or any government offices without dressing and looking proper and polite. Was advice I was given ages ago from an old expat and I have followed it ever since and rarely have a problem. I also never lose my temper and act the fool whenever dealing with 'the man', though my limit has been tested a few times.

Did something similar in Jomtien once quite a few years back while on holiday there. The woman there got a little pissy when I gave her the paperwork and said I wanted to do my 90 day report. She said I have to do it in Chong Chum/Kap Choeng Immi. She started to argue, gave me the eye, but saw I was properly dressed and groomed (slacks not shorts, shoes not sandals, recent haircut and shave, and had my wife with me as well, dressed proper, older than her, and speaking Bangkok Thai. Her mother had taught her and her sister the proper use and dialect since they were little kids.) and she just said f**k it and gave me a 90 day stamp/paper. Told my wife it was highly irregular, but my wife said, 'Why? We are here in Jomtien on holiday. We should drive 7 hours back and get a stamp and drive all the way back here to finish our holidays? It's just a 90 day report on our address.' My wife can be very charming and polite and amusing. The woman agreed it was silly and gave up and did the report. I don't know how long ago the internet 90 day report started for the reporting, but I think it was previous to that option. Not sure.

I never go to Immi or any government offices without dressing and looking proper and polite. Was advice I was given ages ago from an old expat and I have followed it ever since and rarely have a problem. I also never lose my temper and act the fool whenever dealing with 'the man', though my limit has been tested a few times.

I don’t go as far as as wearing trousers.

I doubt that they notice that my shorts probably cost more than Cent’s slacks. A proper shirt, of course, and decent deck shoes ....

I don’t go as far as as wearing trousers.

I doubt that they notice that my shorts probably cost more than Cent’s slacks. A proper shirt, of course, and decent deck shoes ....

I visit Immigration either shaven that day or the day before, in denims (without holes or rips), long sleeved shirt (no tie) and slip on shoes. But I dress the same every time I venture beyond the gate anyway (except maybe for the shaving bit).

[Note: not the same denims and shirt - I have a few]

Back