90-day report and extensions

Today with all forms completed including the "acknowledgement form" - thanks @CO-CO. I sat outside the immigration office while the the IO checked my papers. He said as I hadn't completed the forms it would cost me ฿200 for the forms to be completed by the intern girl. I pointed out that the reason the forms were not hand written was that I had imported the forms in word and typed my answers. He said if there was a problem with the forms and they needed to be rewritten it would cost me ฿200.

About 30 minutes later the intern girl came out with a hand written version of my forms. I asked what was the problem with my forms. "You stapled your photos onto the forms. They need to be glued on"

;;cry;;

£5...you bought them an afternoon coffee, how sweet. ;)

Or is it the "principle" ? :flushed:

♧Obviously your latest AMD chip upgrade posts let them know you're not treading water while residing here.

C'mon Bander - don't tell me you didn't make a contribution into the large SaveTheChildren container in the outside lobby as well.

(I doubt they have a SaveHongKong container.)

I gave the girl ฿200 for rewriting my "damaged" forms. She seemed pretty pleased, not sure if she shared it with her bosses.

Last year it was inferred that I was too lazy or stupid to be able to complete my own forms, which did pissed me off quite a bit.

This time the IO asked to see my bank book first before inspecting my paperwork. He obviously decided I wouldn't miss ฿200, hence the hard sell.

I only use my printer once a year - to print my extension forms. I am tempted next year to hand them my passport, bankbook and bank letter with ฿200 and tell them to get on with it.

I gave the girl ฿200 for rewriting my "damaged" forms. She seemed pretty pleased, not sure if she shared it with her bosses.

Last year it was inferred that I was too lazy or stupid to be able to complete my own forms, which did pissed me off quite a bit.

This time the IO asked to see my bank book first before inspecting my paperwork. He obviously decided I wouldn't miss ฿200, hence the hard sell.

I only use my printer once a year - to print my extension forms. I am tempted next year to hand them my passport, bankbook and bank letter with ฿200 and tell them to get on with it.

Easier to walk in with £20 and hand them your passport with photos, most recent 90-day report and seasoning letter from your bank.
They'll do the rest and you just sign the paperwork.

Question: did they state that B800,000 must remain in place for thirty or ninety days after your visa was stamped ?

That girl does get paid BUT is only what she is. She fills out forums and has NO authority. It is a known fact that you only glue photo and never staple you never use any form except the forms you get from SI. If you are getting a Marriage extension the map is hand draw. ASK what they require.

For many a past year, I have always used a downloaded TM 7, (from ThaiVisa), filled in on the computer in either Word or Libre-Office. These downloaded TM 7's have always been accepted. The only thing to be careful of is to print the TM 7 on one sheet of paper, i.e. a back and a front. One year I printed the form on 2 sheets of paper and this was rejected. I have always stuck the photo onto the TM 7. Further, I have always supplied computer-generated maps, from Google Earth Pro, with great accuracy, and annotated with text boxes as necessary to highlight certain features, i.e., name, address, road numbers, key buildings or landmarks, etc. The maps I have drawn have always been accepted by Surin Immigration without question. Very recently, I prepared the map for another forum member for his 12-month extension based on marriage. This was relatively complicated as maps go, with a super-imposed close-up map within a map, but I do believe it was accepted by Immigration. I am sure the said forum member will correct me if this was not so. Maybe the key requirement of a map is to clearly show Immigration where to find your house. Only printing a page from any map provider, without annotating clear directions on where you actually live, maybe a reason such maps have been rejected by Immigration.

I will be submitting my request to extend my permission to stay for a further year (based on retirement) in mid-November, in 28 days' time. I intend to use the same typed-paperwork I have always submitted, plus @CO-CO's 2 additional sheets. I will report back in due course.

Question: did they state that B800,000 must remain in place for thirty or ninety days after your visa was stamped ?

There was no mention of it. The 90 day guy, took my online 90 day reporting form out of my passport and replaced it with a proper 90 day form with due date to report again. There was no mention that my next 90 day needed to be in person as is the case in other provinces.

That thought had crossed my mind too. Is it worth the effort to prepare and print your necessary documents, when you know they are going to be re-written anyway, and at cost too?

The reason that I was given for the bankbook inspection was to determine that the 3 month rule was being complied with (previous year).

For many a past year, I have always used a downloaded TM 7, (from ThaiVisa), filled in on the computer in either Word or Libre-Office. These downloaded TM 7's have always been accepted.

I have been doing the same ever since the form was publish on ThaiVisa. Never a problem.

Further, I have always supplied computer-generated maps, from Google Earth Pro, with great accuracy, and annotated with text boxes as necessary to highlight certain features, i.e., name, address, road numbers, key buildings or landmarks, etc. The maps I have drawn have always been accepted by Surin Immigration without question.

It has only been necessary for me to provide a map once (when the retirement extension visit was enacted). It was computer generated with annotation and accepted without comment. I used the map which I carried to give to shops/stores to indicate my address for delivery of goods.

Obviously your donation would always be appreciated. ;)
My annual extension is due on the 30th of December. In the past, I always took some Christmas goodies along to Immigration, e.g., tea bags, coffee, and biscuits, as a goodwill gesture. However, a few years back and with a change of staff, I discontinued this gesture as it seemed to be at variance with their publicly disclosed "No Tipping" campaign. A large notice had been hung on their wall to publicise this 'new' direction. Accordingly, it is not so obvious to me that a donation would be or is appreciated now. Mind you, the 'Big Joke' is no longer in charge and things may have changed. :oops:

For many a past year, I have always used a downloaded TM 7, (from ThaiVisa), filled in on the computer in either Word or Libre-Office. These downloaded TM 7's have always been accepted. The only thing to be careful of is to print the TM 7 on one sheet of paper, i.e. a back and a front. One year I printed the form on 2 sheets of paper and this was rejected. I have always stuck the photo onto the TM 7. Further, I have always supplied computer-generated maps, from Google Earth Pro, with great accuracy, and annotated with text boxes as necessary to highlight certain features, i.e., name, address, road numbers, key buildings or landmarks, etc. The maps I have drawn have always been accepted by Surin Immigration without question. Very recently, I prepared the map for another forum member for his 12-month extension based on marriage. This was relatively complicated as maps go, with a super-imposed close-up map within a map, but I do believe it was accepted by Immigration. I am sure the said forum member will correct me if this was not so. Maybe the key requirement of a map is to clearly show Immigration where to find your house. Only printing a page from any map provider, without annotating clear directions on where you actually live, maybe a reason such maps have been rejected by Immigration.

I will be submitting my request to extend my permission to stay for a further year (based on retirement) in mid-November, in 28 days' time. I intend to use the same typed-paperwork I have always submitted, plus @CO-CO's 2 additional sheets. I will report back in due course.

That said member had no problems at all. I dotted all my I 's and crossed all my T's and handed the bundle to the girl at the door. I said "Knock your self out, with that lot. " "Now tell me what you have found wrong?". NOTHING SIR. What the Faaaaaaaark? True story.
@nomad97 's map was accepted with glee. The inspection team even found my hut in the rice fields, first try. Bad luck for them as I had the whole the village around that day, well it seemed like it. Everybody wanted to have a poke at them. Was not my fault. They figured those guys were there to harass me. I think they even may of been right in that respect.
My form was hand written, on an original paper form from SI. The intern girl rewrote the whole form. I guess they did not like my chicken scratchings.
BTW Glued. Never use staples they don't like them.

Point for @nomad97

This post was made by Ubon Joe on ThaiVisa:

"I just had at OMG experience when trying to do my report due in 2 weeks.

I went on the site and now have approved report for the first time ever. Always got the popup message before due to an old entry and a new passport,

I was so shocked that I didn't know what to do at first. Completed page 2, did submit and got instant approval. Saved both the pending and the new report receipt that I will print out later to put in my passport."

You were not dealing with the C-N-U-T secretary.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Point for @nomad97

This post was made by Ubon Joe on ThaiVisa:

"I just had at OMG experience when trying to do my report due in 2 weeks.

I went on the site and now have approved report for the first time ever. Always got the popup message before due to an old entry and a new passport,

I was so shocked that I didn't know what to do at first. Completed page 2, did submit and got instant approval. Saved both the pending and the new report receipt that I will print out later to put in my passport."

Thanks, @Yorky. I will bear that in mind. My next report is more than 45 days in advance of my annual extension. By slipping my report date by 6 days, not more than a week late, and avoiding the new public holidays in mid-November, I am able to submit my paperwork for the annual extension. Maybe I will try completing the 90-day online report (15 days beforehand) and, if it works, slip my annual extension until nearer the due date.

Just an observation. He obviously knew that you had the requisite amount to satisfy your extension application. Do you keep one bank account purely for confirming your financial status for Immigration? I found that has been of benefit in the past. I only show them my working account; the one from which I draw everyday expenses and to which my pension is deposited. Should the balance of that account approach the required limit at any time, I just add a little from another account to keep it within the limit.

I have previously had 2 accounts. One high interest account with GSB and my normal a/c with SCB.

Now SCB have closed their Robinson branch. I was considering moving to KBank after 20 years with SCB. I spent an hour in SCB's main city branch yesterday getting my visa letter, not including the time spent driving into town, looking for a parking space etc.

Anybody any experience with K Bank Robinson? Or any other suggestion in Robinson?

Interest rates are all pretty poor these days, but I will look again to see what rates are available for a higher interest account to put my visa money in.

I have previously had 2 accounts. One high interest account with GSB and my normal a/c with SCB.

Now SCB have closed their Robinson branch. I was considering moving to KBank after 20 years with SCB. I spent an hour in SCB's main city branch yesterday getting my visa letter, not including the time spent driving into town, looking for a parking space etc.

Anybody any experience with K Bank Robinson? Or any other suggestion in Robinson?

Interest rates are all pretty poor these days, but I will look again to see what rates are available for a higher interest account to put my visa money in.

personal experience !
K-Bank in Robinsons is always busy with too few counters open, and for some transactions if the manager is away, you need to wait till she gets back.
not recommended, K-bank near the night market a little better, but at Surin Plaza better again.

Personally I wouldn't attempt to complete any "complicated" transactions at their sub branch in Robinson's. Anything serious (like bank letters for Immigration) I go to the main branch in Tanasan Road. I have not yet been to the branch in Surin Plaza.

Back