'Beach bar' opening by Frenchman

Discussion in ''The Beach' bar, Soi kola' started by alanthebuilder, Nov 4, 2014.

1. SurinJoe

SurinJoe Surin Legend

There was a good crowd last night with Mike DJing. Lots of fun!!

Attached Files:

2. Croc

Croc Surin Legend

I'm already salivating at the idea of "tartines avec rillettes de porc" and some shaken margaritas ... à mercredi Francois .. je serais accompagné de deux lascars anglais qui ont réellement besoin de bonne éducation alimentaire !!!!

Cent, CO-CO and Prakhonchai Nick like this.
  3. westofhere

westofhere Surin Legend

I had a good time as well, but glad I left when I did. Was feeling a bit tipsy. Nice crowd of peeps and a good vibe!

4. fansuhua55

fansuhua55 Well-Known Member

Thank you Mike for this nice post. We will keep the happy hour starting now at 4pm, right when we open, just to get some more comments and more importantly to keep our customers happy and smiling.
    We served some teachers yesterday a beautiful paella, Patrick can confirm. feeds 4 voracious appetites and goes at 800 baths including 4 glasses of sangria. Just order the day before at fderiviere71@gmail.com
    Cheers and see you soon

Bear, SurinJoe and westofhere like this.
  5. alanthebuilder

alanthebuilder Administrator

What was In the paella ?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  6. fansuhua55

fansuhua55 Well-Known Member

Paella

The paella has, as any other honest Spanish paella, chicken drums, spicy sausage, squid mussels and big prawns.
    Order one day before, minimum serving 4 people.
    Happy New Year

Cent, alanthebuilder and SurinJoe like this.
  7. alanthebuilder

alanthebuilder Administrator

Is this place still busy ?
    It's a buzzing bar ,but more a bar than a restaraunt I think .

8. Prakhonchai Nick

Prakhonchai Nick Surin Legend

It could be both in my view, if there were proper seating for diners.

alanthebuilder likes this.
  9. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

Agree, there is no doubt about the food quality.

Challenging though, I think it is hard (particularly for a single shop house) to be both a bar and a restaurant.

Cent, alanthebuilder and Bear like this.
  10. SurinJoe

SurinJoe Surin Legend

The Beach, with loud music, people all singing drunk together, dancing all around, wouldn't work for a sit down restaurant. That's what makes The Beach what it is and such a success. If he toned it down and tried to make it a restaurant it would just be another Farang Connection or Norbies and loose all of his business. The food at The Beach is about the best in Surin but you have to eat in a bar atmosphere.

Little India, Cent, Bear and 2 others like this.
  11. SurinJoe

SurinJoe Surin Legend

I was at The Beach on Monday night and counted over 20 customers at midnight. When I left at 1:30 am there was still 6 or 7. He is doing quite well with his business plan.

CO-CO, Cent, Bear and 1 other person like this.
  12. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

I think that is spot on Joe.

I might therefore question the benefit of producing something like a paella which is better suited to a sit down restaurant style.

His canapes are excellent, maybe concentrating on things like this may be a more natural fit with the environment.

Cent, Bear and SurinJoe like this.
  13. Little India

Little India Forum Sponsor

He is changing it up all the time, 1 week burger & fries, next pulled pork sandwich, then cottage pie, all really easy to eat bar food & everything I have eaten was fantastic, it’s the most fun place in Surin by a mile & I’m thankful they have come to Surin.

Forget the seating it’s like a proper bar where you can dance & eat your burger at the same time, perfect place to take your wife, mia noi or kick :)

The owners are awesome.

Everybody has a opinion yet nobody has done anything better.

Cent, AussieBill, geoff and 4 others like this.
  14. Bear

Bear Surin Legend

Agree 100%.

SurinJoe, ColinW and Little India like this.
  15. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

The mental image of you shaking your stuff whilst eating a burger is enough to put anyone off from going.... LMAO1

(oops sorry, is this not the barstool section.....)

Little India likes this.
  16. Coffee

Coffee Guest

I would agree with Joe and Lil Ind's words (above) as to the establishment.

In the owners own words

Moderators, SurinJoe and Little India like this.
New | Recent