Changed rules again

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Now at Savannakhet consulate. No longer can get a multiple entry one year O visa without income verification. Only one year O single entry marriage visa with no income verification. 2K baht. Have to figure out what that means for the 90 day reporting. Can just do online? Always changing the rules and moving the goalposts.

Now at Savannakhet consulate. No longer can get a multiple entry one year O visa without income verification. Only one year O single entry marriage visa with no income verification. 2K baht. Have to figure out what that means for the 90 day reporting. Can just do online? Always changing the rules and moving the goalposts.

I'm certainly well behind the times. I didn't know of a one year single entry married visa.

Curious if you had the necessary paperwork to get the one year marriage O Visa ? Do you have to have a Mrs. along ?
Was this a new Visa or temporary one year extension ?

Curious if you had the necessary paperwork to get the one year marriage O Visa ? Do you have to have a Mrs. along ?
New one year. Had all the marriage paperwork for the visa. But was told you can no longer get a multiple entry visa without income verification. Was told now can only get a single entry without income verification. I'm not sure how this works now? Can I just do 90 day reports? Online or at Surin Immi?
Or need to do a exit stamp at Immigration, step out and return and get stamped in for another 90 days? Each time? WTF?

AS far as I can recall, it's a border hop that's needed with a one year NON O visa based upon marriage to a Thai and NOT 90 day reports. A single entry visa makes that awkward...

Wife was along, although with all the paperwork signed by her, copies of everything that was never needed before, though my wife is always with me on these visa trips as we make a short holiday of it.

Wife was along, although with all the paperwork signed by her, copies of everything that was never needed before, though my wife is always with me on these visa trips as we make a short holiday of it.
Good Luck !!! Enjoy the mini holiday best you can !

Neither do I. But they took all my offered paperwork for the marriage O visa. I'll find out tomorrow when I go pick up my passport what the hell they give me for a visa.
The two copies of everything is fookin excessive, especially my proof of income.
This is my 4th year on a married extention.

Is it a visa, or an extension. Mixed wording here.

You don't do 90 day reports with a visa.

Single entry 12 months??? Does not sound right. Usually they issue 3m single entry or 12m multiple.

Post a photo Mike. I think you have a Non-Imm 'O' 90 day single entry because a 12 month visa HAS to be multiple entry because you have to leave the country every 90 days.

Last edited:

Non - Immigrant Visa "O" (Visiting or staying with family who studies or works in Thailand)​

วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 20 ก.ย. 2562

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 30 พ.ย. 2565
| 6,356 view

Non-Immigrant Visa "O" is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the purpose of visiting or staying with family who studies or works in Thailand. The validity of visa is 3 months. The permitted length of stay is up to 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.
Required documents
  1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original and a copy of passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. An original invitation letter from the family's academy or company to the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Savannakhet
  5. A copy of Thai ID card from the signatory of the invitation letter
  6. A copy of the family’s work permit and employment contract
  7. A copy of the academy or company's letter of certification
  8. A copy of family’s educational certificate
  9. A copy of passport and visa of family who studies or works in Thailand
  10. Original and a copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate (for child)
  11. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)
Notes:
  • Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
  • Visa Fee must be paid in Thai Baht only. Visa Fees are not refundable in any cases.
  • Legal migration procedures: In case a false or forged document is submitted in the framework of a visa application the visa will be refused and may be prosecuted.

Single entry 12 months??? Does not sound right. Usually they issue 3m single entry or 12m multiple.

Post a photo Mike. I think you have a Non-Imm 'O' 90 day single entry because a 12 month visa HAS to be multiple entry because you have to leave the country every 90 days.
Will not see what the hell they'll be giving me until I pick up my passport tomorrow.

Get the one year single entry for 2000. Then you will need to apply for a re entry permit to leave every 90 days. They have effectively double the cost of the visa.
Yup, if it is even good for a year. I get the niggling suspicion they'll be giving me a 90 day entry visa.

It can't be an extension I believe as my current one year O runs out on the sixth this month and I have already used the extra 90 days you can get at the end of 12 months. We will see tomorrow I guess. Fark me.

It can't be an extension I believe as my current one year O runs out on the sixth this month and I have already used the extra 90 days you can get at the end of 12 months. We will see tomorrow I guess. Fark me.

I am 100% certain that they don't do extensions....I shouldn't have even mentioned them. Sorry.

You have a visa, you can only get a visa from out of the country.

I suspect that you had a 12m ME Non-Imm 'O' visa based on marriage - and squeezed the standard 15 months out of by doing a border bounce near the end of the 12 month validity.

Now you are buggered without being able to evidence income. I understand that they will only issue single entry visas on a non-evidenced income basis - they are ONLY valid for 90 days.

I think I read that HCMC still do ME without income verification.

Back