Changed rules again

I am not sure (I will try and check if I have time) that you can use income for a VISA. I am aware that a bank statement showing evidence of funds, has been used.
I am pretty sure copies of your overseas bank account can used in Kap Chong Immi. Used mine for a Retirement Visa during the Covid border closings for 2 years.

A marriage in Thailand (not a village wedding) has just as much international validity than one on in Australia, UK, USA etc. The only thing that is relevant to Immigration is the amphur entry.

Jomtien like to see the same amount every month - preferably on the same date (but they can't insist on that). In course mate you need to show 40,000 Baht each and every month. The option of 400k (in my case 800k) spread throughout the year was removed some time ago. Don't miss a month or you will be fooked.
I have the same amount each month from Social Security and my work pension deposited in my US account savings. Can use online banking to switch what I need from savings to checking when needed. Can show enough in bank each month for either Retirement or Marriage.

In my case, I am using an extension based on a legal Australian marriage--translated into Thai and reaffirmed yearly at district.
I also use well doccumented proof of income, ie: evidence from my Aussie bank for the transferee, Evidence from OFX of the transferee in THB, evidence from my Thai bank
Spanning the previous year totaling >B400,000.tying the other 2 doccs together +the other bits and bobs, photo's etc.
It was a learning curve the first year but, we have had no issues----------SO FAR.
I do not bring my income into Thailand and Thai bank. Stays in the US bank and I have a limit set to be able to take what I usually need for bills and spending money using my ATM to withdraw. So I have USD sitting in my account that can gain when the baht goes down or dollar rises.

I am pretty sure copies of your overseas bank account can used in Kap Chong Immi. Used mine for a Retirement Visa during the Covid border closings for 2 years.

Again, confusion of wording........VISA at Savannakhet ie out of the country EXTENSION of stay at Kap Choeng or any other Immigration office......rules can then vary from office to office and Gotlost is probably more aware of KC than anybody.

Covid time was obviously an exception to normal rules.

I do not bring my income into Thailand and Thai bank. Stays in the US bank and I have a limit set to be able to take what I usually need for bills and spending money using my ATM to withdraw. So I have USD sitting in my account that can gain when the baht goes down or dollar rises.

@Cent .... Mike what do you have now? Presumably a Non Imm O ME visa.....

Nice one.

Go steady, retirement takes some easing into.............even having lived in Thailand for a long time.
My first 2 week were spent with a long time friend from Mitcham on his first visit to LOS so 4 nights in Pattaya,Kanchanaburi,Kho Chang then SSK/Khunhan.
Still recovering! (Joke)

Nice one.

Go steady, retirement takes some easing into.............even having lived in Thailand for a long time.

I officially retired at 51 but I carried on doing odd jobs (nothing longer than a month at a time) for the next 10 years. I actually looked forward to those in-between jobs and missed them when they dried up (or I dried up).

I'm over it now.

Latest post from ASEAN NOW:-

Guys, the latest report from Savannakhet:

I submitted the documentation for non-immigrant O visa based on marriage today at 9:15am. I also provided my child's birth certificate and copy of tabian ban as well as KR2 paper and it was taken by the immigration officer.

When I said I would like to apply for one year non-immigrant O visa, she immediately said I needed financial requirements proved. She accepted the copies of my bank book and also had a detailed look at my original bank book.

That was all. The money wasn't seasoned but was transfered to my bank account yesterday.

I think I should receive my visa tomorrow and I not, I will inform you here.

Again, confusion of wording........VISA at Savannakhet ie out of the country EXTENSION of stay at Kap Choeng or any other Immigration office......rules can then vary from office to office and Gotlost is probably more aware of KC than anybody.

Covid time was obviously an exception to normal rules.
Maybe Surin Immi as well?

Latest post from ASEAN NOW:-

Guys, the latest report from Savannakhet:

I submitted the documentation for non-immigrant O visa based on marriage today at 9:15am. I also provided my child's birth certificate and copy of tabian ban as well as KR2 paper and it was taken by the immigration officer.

When I said I would like to apply for one year non-immigrant O visa, she immediately said I needed financial requirements proved. She accepted the copies of my bank book and also had a detailed look at my original bank book.

That was all. The money wasn't seasoned but was transfered to my bank account yesterday.

I think I should receive my visa tomorrow and I not, I will inform you here.
If I had known last week I would have gathered my bank info from the states past year's deposits. Didn't even think of it. Guy/mod from TV said this just started a 'few' weeks ago and they (TV) had heard from a couple/three people on it but did not post the info as they wanted more info. Said they had heard nothing about it previously, and said they heard nothing from their government sources as well on the change.

OK, single entry marriage visa 90 days. Can extend 60 more I believe. Just got back now from Laos.

Once per entry, I imagine you could also first obtain a 30 day extension.
90 +30+60 =180 days for 5800 baht. Perhaps the beautiful new night market along the Mekong will be more busy not less.

Old Town Savanakhet is very nice, visiting twice a year is not an unbearable burden especially as you are saving two border runs.

Back