electric bill

What? You using candles and a bowl of ice in front of a small fan? No TV just reading books?

It’s about 300 baht more than usual! Teerak sister from Kanchanaburi stayed last month so another a/c on the go. Not sure she’d appreciate a bill ...

Send it anyway. She's a teacher. She can figure out the math.

Eanto, don't be a pussy. Get the whip out. Keep the family on its toes. :mad:

(At least hire a cook.)

555 grandmother cooking my chicken and mushrooms as we speak

What? You using candles and a bowl of ice in front of a small fan? No TV just reading books?

I have 25 lights in and around my house (all powered with electrickery), seven fans, two TV's, two computers, a sound system, numerous electric cooking devices and two aircons. I'm not expecting a bill dissimilar to @Eanto.

I have 25 lights in and around my house (all powered with electrickery), seven fans, two TV's, two computers, a sound system, numerous electric cooking devices and two aircons. I'm not expecting a bill dissimilar to @Eanto.

Never actually counted my lights. :) But 7 fans and 2 air cons (of which I only use one). Electric appliances in the kitchen, one being a mid size cube freezer and the reefer, plus toaster, electric toaster oven, microwave, electric water kettle, and the washing machine. 1 big screen TV and 1 computer with stereo on a lot too. But a pool pump running daily, and my air con in the bedroom on quite a bit. Usually double Eanto's bill.

I was told that running your air con on 'dry' rather than 'cool' mode can help save on electric. Have done so most of the time this past month and it does keep the room cool. Wondering if it will actually save anything.

Only 3461.69 baht - cheaper than previously and now well within my comfort range. Not too shabby for an air conditioned house with a hot water heater for the shower, both systems used fully and often. We also have too many lights to mention, 5 electric kitchen appliances a cooking, 4 aircons a cooling, 3 smart phones a charging, 2 TV's a playing and a PC computing in a mancave. I am telling a lie, in addition we have a 3rd TV a playing, a second PC computing, an automatic washing machine a washing, a dual refrigerator refrigerating, a water cooler chilling and a multiple CCTV system a recording 24/7 but I could not fit those into the 10 days of Christmas song.

My aunt, my mum's sister, lived in a cottage in the county of Dorset (Southern England). Used to spend all my summer holidays with her as a kid. Never had electricity or running water for all the time she lived there. Oil lamps for lighting and the old hand action pump for water drawn from the ground. As for a WC, forget it. There was a wooden shack in the garden, about 4' x 4', that moved around each year. That was a big hole in the ground job I can tell you.

I was happy to see my monthly bill around the 6000 baht mark. The swimming pool pump and water pumps x 4 for the property and submersed pump for the house via the filters came off the 3 phase to the factory. In summer or hot months it was closer to 10k baht.....the factory was always about 1500 to 2000 baht a month.

Back