electric bill

I was happy to see my monthly bill around the 6000 baht mark. The swimming pool pump and water pumps x 4 for the property and submersed pump for the house via the filters came off the 3 phase to the factory. In summer or hot months it was closer to 10k baht.....the factory was always about 1500 to 2000 baht a month.

For those that don't know the bill for three phase is industrial use and has no connection fee or correction against use. It is a flat rate. I worked out @Surin that my bill is marginally higher then domestic use which is not too bad. But what hurts is that you own the three phase infrastructure, if it is damaged in any way you have to pay for it. So far I have had to replace some lightning gear and some cable line taps that got torn off in a storm.
If anybody wishes to know why I have three phase. It was the only engineering solution to get power to the block. It is a bit of an overkill.

Bloody oath I own the 3 phase. The transformer, the poles and wires from the connection road I paid for about 20 years ago.
Snakes are the worst offenders when they arc the fuses way up high on the transformer and there's a call out, or the poinciana tree sheds a branch across the fuses. Good thing though, when the locals lose their power, I most of the time, still have a single phase alive....runs in from somewhere else and not the local feed.

Bloody oath I own the 3 phase. The transformer, the poles and wires from the connection road I paid for about 20 years ago.
Snakes are the worst offenders when they arc the fuses way up high on the transformer and there's a call out, or the poinciana tree sheds a branch across the fuses. Good thing though, when the locals lose their power, I most of the time, still have a single phase alive....runs in from somewhere else and not the local feed.

No @Surin it runs from the main High tension feed that runs the whole province. So when you lose all three phases you know a great chunk of Surin province is off. Do you have a switch to change phase for your house? I have been known to re tap my feed phase manually. I have now made friends with the guy that fixes power pole faults and he acts as a contractor for PEA out of hours so my repair bills will be a bit lower now. With owning the infrastructure you can tell any would be neighbours to go buy their own and you cannot tap off of mine. Happened a few time already.

For those that don't know the bill for three phase is industrial use and has no connection fee or correction against use. It is a flat rate. I worked out @Surin that my bill is marginally higher then domestic use which is not too bad. But what hurts is that you own the three phase infrastructure, if it is damaged in any way you have to pay for it. So far I have had to replace some lightning gear and some cable line taps that got torn off in a storm.
If anybody wishes to know why I have three phase. It was the only engineering solution to get power to the block. It is a bit of an overkill.
Understatement of the year - 'a bit of overkill'. Enough juice coming down the line to light up a whole village. :D:D:D

No @Surin it runs from the main High tension feed that runs the whole province. So when you lose all three phases you know a great chunk of Surin province is off. Do you have a switch to change phase for your house? I have been known to re tap my feed phase manually. I have now made friends with the guy that fixes power pole faults and he acts as a contractor for PEA out of hours so my repair bills will be a bit lower now. With owning the infrastructure you can tell any would be neighbours to go buy their own and you cannot tap off of mine. Happened a few time already.
No one has tapped off my lines. Local villages can lose power and I'll still get a single phase as my feed does not come via the locals transformer but from NaDee..

4661.25 First time it's been below 5000 since last year.
If my memory serves me right, our previous bills were very similar. Back in May, the last full month before my main 18,000 BTU ac went down, the bills were 5842 and 5340 for you and me respectively. However, with the 2 new inverter ac's in the living room and mancave, I am detecting a significant advantage in my favour. Last month you were 4,661 against my 3,461 baht. Assuming our usage of electricity remains similar, and that this trend continues, it would suggest that my new 17,000 BTU + 10,000 BTU inverter aircons are cheaper to run than the 13 year old 18,000 BTU that they replaced. The mancave leads off the living room and previously did not have a discrete aircon. Cooling was indirect through the open door from the living room. Now both rooms have a discrete air conditioner.

Back