electric bill

If my memory serves me right, our previous bills were very similar. Back in May, the last full month before my main 18,000 BTU ac went down, the bills were 5842 and 5340 for you and me respectively. However, with the 2 new inverter ac's in the living room and mancave, I am detecting a significant advantage in my favour. Last month you were 4,661 against my 3,461 baht. Assuming our usage of electricity remains similar, and that this trend continues, it would suggest that my new 17,000 BTU + 10,000 BTU inverter aircons are cheaper to run than the 13 year old 18,000 BTU that they replaced. The mancave leads off the living room and previously did not have a discrete aircon. Cooling was indirect through the open door from the living room. Now both rooms have a discrete air conditioner.

My own elec bill was nearly halved once my own monster air con died. Also moved my bedroom from the huge room where the monster air con was into a smaller room with much newer air con. That old restaurant sized air con was very inefficient and was basically trying to cool off a double size room as well. So went from 6000 baht a month to 3000 baht a month. Big f**king difference and savings.

My own elec bill was nearly halved once my own monster air con died. Also moved my bedroom from the huge room where the monster air con was into a smaller room with much newer air con. That old restaurant sized air con was very inefficient and was basically trying to cool off a double size room as well. So went from 6000 baht a month to 3000 baht a month. Big f**king difference and savings.

I may have used the bedroom aircon for 5 hours in the last month and not used the lounge aircon at all.

According to the website the temperature here is 29 degC and sat on the stoep I find there is no need for a fan. My wife is in the lounge watching the television without a fan or aircon.

That’s certainly going to keep the cost down. Now, if you just stop watching those rubbish movies you could make even more savings!

That’s certainly going to keep the cost down. Now, if you just stop watching those rubbish movies you could make even more savings!

Actually watching rubbish movies costs the same in electrickery as watching good movies.

But I haven't watched it twice yet.

Given over 25 years that I have lived in Asia, I find cold uncomfortable. Cold being less than ≈ 25 degC

You wouldn’t have enjoyed the Falkland Islands in ‘94 then. It was their coldest winter in 70 years, even the penguins looked uncomfortable

You wouldn’t have enjoyed the Falkland Islands in ‘94 then. It was their coldest winter in 70 years, even the penguins looked uncomfortable

But I wasn't daft enough to go to the Falklands in '94. I was tucked up in Kuala Lumpur.

However, I was daft enough to go to Peterheed in '84.

The military are a bit like the mob ... they make you an offer you can’t refuse

The military are a bit like the mob ... they make you an offer you can’t refuse

I refused after 4 years in. No problem in the civilian world. Did not want or need big daddy military taking care of me and mine. Too much bullshit rules and regs and idiot lifers running the show. Plus if you don't like it in the real world, you can f**king quit and move on. :)

Back