electric bill

I refused after 4 years in. No problem in the civilian world. Did not want or need big daddy military taking care of me and mine. Too much bullshit rules and regs and idiot lifers running the show. Plus if you don't like it in the real world, you can f**king quit and move on. :)

My mate in our bowling team was an RAF chippy and had nearly qualified for his 22 year immediate pension. His wife had bouts of severe arthritis and they also had two young boys. His number came up for a four month stint in the Falklands and on request they reviewed this based on his personal circumstances.

I had to tell him that he didn’t have to go to the Falklands but instead could be granted a compassionate discharge from Sevice thus losing his immediate pension. He went and everyone on their married quarters patch rallied round to help her cope.

You can always request to leave but while serving they’ve got you by the short and curlys

;;exciting;;;;exciting;;SWMBO just turned the AC on. First time in 3 months. The past 4 days have been FORKING HOT.;;money;;

My Mrs turned on the air con and the fan///At 1am it was like sleeping in a fridge. I came downstairs and slept with the cat. A robot would have been better:blush:

32 degC here (daytime) and 24 degC (night time). Temperate. I've not even considered turning on the aircon.

32 degC here (daytime) and 24 degC (night time). Temperate. I've not even considered turning on the aircon.

Your definition of temperate and the commonly accepted definition of temperate would seem to be a little different.

The climate of the British Isles is an example of a temperate climate. It is neither too warm nor too cold, neither to wet nor too dry. There are few extremes in the weather. ... A temperate climate however, can have very changeable weather. One day it may be raining, the next it may be sunny.

A more appropriate description of the weather in Thailand would be tropical.

The term tropical has a rather specific meaning when applied to the scientific sense of the word. An area with tropical climate is one with an average temperature of above 18 degrees Celsius (64 degrees Fahrenheit) and considerable precipitation during at least part of the year. These areas are non-arid and are generally consistent with equatorial climate conditions around the world.

When I awoke at 03:30 this morning I was considering getting the quilt from the wardrobe!

Back