electric bill

This mth meter was read (17th) a few days later than Feb- Bill total B986 after discount B38.76.

There are possibly two minus parts of your electricity bill. The regular one is not a discount but an adjustment (FT) which is applied to reflect the up and down movement of the oil/gas prices rather than change the usage rates.

The discount, if any, I have no idea about.

My Feb/March bill arrived this morning, some 6 days late. Amazingly, despite my daughter being home for 1 week (a/c on every night) plus the hot weather for the past fortnight. my bill only increased by 250Bt to 2,658Bt Happy with that.

My wife switched the lounge aircon on yesterday evening for the first time this year. The fan on the compressor was seriously out of balance (the whole unit was wobbling). I opened it up this morning and, as suspected, those bloody flies had built a community "sand" nest on the rear of one on the blades.

Sorted now.

My wife switched the lounge aircon on yesterday evening for the first time this year. The fan on the compressor was seriously out of balance (the whole unit was wobbling). I opened it up this morning and, as suspected, those bloody flies had built a community "sand" nest on the rear of one on the blades.

Sorted now.
Flies ? Sand ? Do you actually mean Mud dauber wasps, that build their nests from mud?

Because "Mud dauber" is the proper noun of a type of wasp.

I'm not sure that that is correct - "The organ pipe mud dauber, one of many mud daubers in the family Crabronidae, builds nests in the shape of a cylindrical tube resembling an organ pipe or pan flute. Common sites include vertical or horizontal faces of walls, cliffs, bridges, overhangs and shelter caves or other structures."

Not that I give a shit other than that they build their nests in inappropriate places in my house.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that that is correct - "The organ pipe mud dauber, one of many mud daubers in the family Crabronidae, builds nests in the shape of a cylindrical tube resembling an organ pipe or pan flute. Common sites include vertical or horizontal faces of walls, cliffs, bridges, overhangs and shelter caves or other structures."

Not that I give a shit other than that they build their nests in inappropriate places in my house.
The Organ pipe mud dauber should be capitalised with a capital "O" as it is a proper noun.

The Organ pipe mud dauber should be capitalised with a capital "O" as it is a proper noun.

I bow down to your superior knowledge of the English language.

However, why did you use lower case for the "m" in that sentence?

The point of my post was to bring to the attention of members here that it is prudent to check the fans on the compressors of their aircons in case any kind of insect (upper or lower case) has built a nest on the blade(s) of the fans. Allowing the fan to operate in an unbalanced manner can only be detrimental to the operation and life of the unit.

I bow down to your superior knowledge of the English language.

However, why did you use lower case for the "m" in that sentence?
Because the proper noun began with the "O" and the 'm" in mud becomes redundant as the beginning of the noun and tends towards an adjective.
Bye the way English was always my worst subject.

A
Because the proper noun began with the "O" and the 'm" in mud becomes redundant as the beginning of the noun and tends towards an adjective.
Bye the way English was always my worst subject.

Given that you used "bye" and not "by" I can believe that.

The point of my post was to bring to the attention of members here that it is prudent to check the fans on the compressors of their aircons in case any kind of insect (upper or lower case) has built a nest on the blade(s) of the fans. Allowing the fan to operate in an unbalanced manner can only be detrimental to the operation and life of the unit.
There is no need to check the fans on my aircon compressor fans. My aircon is always on! No Mud dauber has any chance of landing on one when it is constantly in motion and rotating at 1,000 rpm plus. :) :) :)

There is no need to check the fans on my aircon compressor fans. My aircon is always on! No Mud dauber has any chance of landing on one when it is constantly in motion and rotating at 1,000 rpm plus. :) :) :)

Yes, I understand that.

But not everyone has all their aircons turned on 24 hours/day.

Those little bastards only need a day or two to set up a "colony".

Yes, I understand that.

But not everyone has all their aircons turned on 24 hours/day.

Those little bastards only need a day or two to set up a "colony".
Yes, but in your case, they probably had the best part of a year to colonize the aircon. ;;bad simle;; ;;bad simle;; ;;bad simle;;

The April electric bill arrived this morning and, as expected, higher than it has been. It's been very hot and sticky, the girls have been home on holiday, and because of the Covid-19 situation in Surin, we are staying pretty much indoors in the happy home. The air conditioning has been much in use. The number of units consumed was 1052, almost double the 630 units used in the previous month. So how much? 5,430.59 baht with 188.90 baht taken off the bill.

Just paid ours for last month....2,069 Baht.......... plus 700 Baht for the condo.

Back