electric bill

Same like mine. It's gone down a little bit, but not much, and I have been being cognizant of my use of my electrics. I've cut back on most of my use but it does not seem to be being as effective as I would think it would be. I'm going to have my electrician dude check my meter for any possible illegal tapping. It just seems off.

I know what you mean. I don't make a specific effort to limit expenditure on electric but compared with the previous month we've hardly used aircon and the difference is less than ฿100.00.

I know what you mean. I don't make a specific effort to limit expenditure on electric but compared with the previous month we've hardly used aircon and the difference is less than ฿100.00.
And yet I see others here with much smaller elec bills? What's the deal?

Eye4 is one of them. I believe he's either "working" or in the pub most of the time. And he probably sleeps when it's dark!
Yes, well I do sleep with an Air Con on. And I am not out and about most days so use an Air Con off and on for most of the day. Only use the pool pump sporadically most weeks (makes no sense when it rains all day every day except the past 2 days. But the months previous I was paying 2K baht less. Lately it is higher each month and I haven't been using much as before. WTF? Has it gone up that much the past 3 months or so? (Can't sleep if I am sweating.)

It hasn't been hot enough to use the aircon so much, but even so...

My 'leccy bill, in today, is a new record low (for us) at 1,996.03 Mind you, the shower has been used less, and often without any hot water either, so that has helped. I can't think of any other reason why our usage should have been so much lower (about 600 baht less than last month, which was itself 300 less than most other months!)

It hasn't been hot enough to use the aircon so much, but even so...

My 'leccy bill, in today, is a new record low (for us) at 1,996.03 Mind you, the shower has been used less, and often without any hot water either, so that has helped. I can't think of any other reason why our usage should have been so much lower (about 600 baht less than last month, which was itself 300 less than most other months!)
The base rate was supposedly reduced with September bills.

฿1,135.33

It is apparent that the unit rates haven't changed (still ฿3.2484, ฿4.2218 and ฿4.4217); but the Ft has reduced from ฿0.9119 to ฿0.6689 per unit.

฿1,135.33

It is apparent that the unit rates haven't changed (still ฿3.2484, ฿4.2218 and ฿4.4217); but the Ft has reduced from ฿0.9119 to ฿0.6689 per unit.
Strange (perhaps not) that nobody, not the PM, the government or the electric people could tell us that the Ft would reduce rather than the base rates. Total incompetence, but what we are used to and come to expect!

฿1,135.33

What is Ft ?

Thank you

Could you clarify the following (which doesn't make sense to me) - is it fixed, like a standing charge.

"It applies to all units (Kw/hr) used irrespective of total monthly usage".

Thank you

Could you clarify the following (which doesn't make sense to me) - is it fixed, like a standing charge.

"It applies to all units (Kw/hr) used irrespective of total monthly usage".
The electric bill comprises 4 components.

1) The base charge for electricity depending on the number of units consumed. The base charge rises depending on the number of units consumed. Business base rates are generally higher than domestic

2) The standing charge (based on size of meter)

3) The Ft rate.-applied the total number of units consumed. This generally rises and falls based on the cost of natural gas, and other items required to produce electricity. Occasionally the base charge per unit is raised, or lowered as well.

4 VAT . Currently 7%, applicable to the cost of all 3 above.

PEA Residential rate standing charge is 8.19bt for consumption of up to 150 KWH per month and 24.62bt per month for over 150KWH per month

Yorky's rate of 33.29bt per month applies to Small General Services, which is combined business/residential. As said previously it must have something to do with the large volumes of Archa entering and exiting the Yorky homestead! :grinning:

Back