electric bill

The Energy Charge for Yorky is the same whether for sole residential use or Schedule 2 , Small General Service, Only the standing charge is different, and Yorky is paying the higher rate. A massive 9.27bt extra a month currently, - more last year, but over the months and years, it all adds up!

Take care of the pennies......................................................... :)

The Energy Charge for Yorky is the same whether for sole residential use or Schedule 2 , Small General Service, Only the standing charge is different, and Yorky is paying the higher rate. A massive 9.27bt extra a month currently, - more last year, but over the months and years, it all adds up!

Take care of the pennies......................................................... :)

My electricity bill was ฿1,135.33 this month. What was yours?

The Phuket Express daily breaking news letter for Wednesday, 20 September 2023

The first official cabinet meeting under the administration of Prime Minister and Finance Minister Srettha Thavisin unveiled several major changes. Key among them were reductions in electricity and diesel prices effective this month, along with bi-monthly salary payments for civil servants starting next year.

Electricity prices will decrease to 4.1 baht per unit from 4.45 baht, beginning with the September billing cycle. Diesel prices will also be reduced to below 30 baht per liter, starting September 20. Further details on gasoline pricing for those genuinely affected will be announced at a later date.

The Phuket Express daily breaking news letter for Wednesday, 20 September 2023

The first official cabinet meeting under the administration of Prime Minister and Finance Minister Srettha Thavisin unveiled several major changes. Key among them were reductions in electricity and diesel prices effective this month, along with bi-monthly salary payments for civil servants starting next year.

Electricity prices will decrease to 4.1 baht per unit from 4.45 baht, beginning with the September billing cycle. Diesel prices will also be reduced to below 30 baht per liter, starting September 20. Further details on gasoline pricing for those genuinely affected will be announced at a later date.
Not on OP but I saw the new PM on TV last night talking about the new world heritage designation. Speaking in English. Absolutely fluent no accent even.
Apparently he went to Claremont University in California. Hmm no wonder. Must of kept his skills up though.
Wow a PM that can actually talk the official language of ASEAN. It has got to be a good thing. Maybe there is hope. NAH who am I kidding.

Not on OP but I saw the new PM on TV last night talking about the new world heritage designation. Speaking in English. Absolutely fluent no accent even.
Apparently he went to Claremont University in California. Hmm no wonder. Must of kept his skills up though.
Wow a PM that can actually talk the official language of ASEAN. It has got to be a good thing. Maybe there is hope. NAH who am I kidding.

The 'Peoples Choice' Pita speaks English perfectly.
Harvard and M.I.T. on his resume.

Last edited:

I am sure that you will recall that the PM from 2008 to 2011 could also speak perfect English.

That was probably because Khun Abhisit Vejjajiva was born in Newcastle, UK and educated at Oxford

฿868.54

Ft reduced to ฿0.2048 per unit used and an Ft discount of ฿119.18 (incl VAT) for whatever reason.

฿868.54

Ft reduced to ฿0.2048 per unit used and an Ft discount of ฿119.18 (incl VAT) for whatever reason.
Populism is the word you are looking for. Hell! Lets just make hay while the sun shines, Because a storm is coming.

Read somewhere that Pita never graduated from Harvard, please verify ......only attended...maybe if true thats how he kept his faculties ....

He received a Masters in Public Administration from Harvard and a Masters of Business Administration from MIT....according to each university.

That makes for an impressive resume.

Watch him in an English language interview , articulate and easily understood (from this Septic's POV).

Back