Extending 'permission to stay' at Kap Cheong

"Through this intermediary he explained to me quite a bit about foreigners who (1) either overstay and never come through the office again to update address or apply for an extension, (2) foreigners committing crimes, (3) foreigners who are engaged in work without proper work permit and lastly (4) foreigners who file for an extension based on marriage but are plainly not living with the named spouse nor have they been seen at that last known address for months ; thereby , effectively applying for and receiving an extension based on marriage but in reality are avoiding being on one based on retirement."

1) I am obviously not in that category as I report every 90 days and also every 12 months to confirm my legal entitlement to extend my stay in Thailand.

2) How can they possibly determine that I have or intend to commit a crime by visiting me at my house?

3) Yes, if I was working illegally they could possibly discover this from my neighbours, although what this has to do with the Erawan Shrine bombing, I don't know.

4) As my extension of stay is based upon retirement this does not apply to me.

What's your point Yorky?
You're not a Thai citizen , are you?
Tell me again , what exactly are you "entitled" to in this Kingdom?

I am entitled to NOTHING. However under the current law I am permitted to extend my stay in Thailand, being in possession of a legitimate visa and in compliance with the current requirements for extensions of stay.

I am entitled to NOTHING. However under the current law I am permitted to extend my stay in Thailand, being in possession of a legitimate visa and in compliance with the current requirements for extensions of stay.

You're permitted to apply for your extension. The approval is not guaranteed.

My point is - why would a deceased pensioner require an extension of stay?

So the British govt can try to catch the fraudsters :sunglasses:

Time to stop playing in the whinging sandbox , isn't it? Sweet dreams.

So the British govt can try to catch the fraudsters :sunglasses:

Time to stop playing in the whinging sandbox , isn't it? Sweet dreams.

You are not getting it Coffee. A pensioner (or any other foreigner) in Thailand does not legally require an extension, visa, permission to stay, etc. if they are DEAD! Do you think Immigration (at least before this latest farce) are going to track down a Farang who hasn't renewed his "permission to stay" in order to pacify some foreign government?

You are not getting it Coffee. A pensioner (or any other foreigner) in Thailand does not legally require an extension, visa, permission to stay, etc. if they are DEAD! Do you think Immigration (at least before this latest farce) are going to track down a Farang who hasn't renewed his "permission to stay" in order to pacify some foreign government?

There is too many Elephants in the room like this one Yorky. What they are doing is fluffing around to hide their stupidity and utter ignorance. Not very well at that.
It all comes back to the never tell your superior he/she is a dick no matter how much they are. Just go with the flow.

Quite right, Yorky.
As I am not a pensioner how do you report to the British 'social scheme' service that you are indeed alive?
Must one travel in person to the BKK Consulate...or does one simply handle it with corrrepondence?
How is that handled?

In my case, I am entitled to two pensions which are both handled similarly. I receive forms through the post (neither organisation are living in the 21st century yet) which I complete and sign and then persuade a reputable person (preferably British) to verify that I am in fact alive and living where I say I am. I then post the completed forms to the relevant organisations.

Do we know of anyone who has applied for an extension and been knocked back?

Also do we know of anyone who has applied for an extension and then been arrested for being in breach of the extension he does not yet have?

[This "operation" has been the norm for 9 months now and it doesn't appear to have succeeded in whatever it was that was it's goal]

In my case, I am entitled to two pensions which are both handled similarly. I receive forms through the post (neither organisation are living in the 21st century yet) which I complete and sign and then persuade a reputable person (preferably British) to verify that I am in fact alive and living where I say I am. I then post the completed forms to the relevant organisations.

Thank you, Yorky.
If that is indeed the case it wouldn't be so difficult to find someone to copy your signature and get someone to sign a affidavit stating that you are alive, would it ?
Particularly in the case where a murder or untoward activity has taken place.
Pls use a little imagination because the reality is no one must actually see a live body to keep the benes rolling in.

In my case with the two pensions I receive it has to be a bank manager or policeman that witnesses the forms to say I am still alive.

According to a friend of mine - also belgian - he get's a call from the ambassy when he sends in his affidavid for validation, then they send it back.
And yes I do have a friend ... or two maybe !!!!

Oh they have voice recognition devices to verify the person who answers the number at the phone they're calling !
What if the pensioner is deaf ?

Back