Extending 'permission to stay' at Kap Cheong

Where is the copy shop in KC? I found one that doubled as a gold shop I think, the copy machine was pretty small as I recall.

Got my "informationmap" ready, got my bankstatement today, so tomorrow morning of to Immigration Kapchoeng ...

Well SWHTBO will be giving me her full support and may she be mercifull on the immigration officers that would try to "harm" her ATM !!!

Did money feature anywhere ?

I guess not too much petrol money is needed to get to you BigA ? :)
No money hinted at, and my Apartment manager provided the soft drinks....so got off lightly! And yes, not much petrol money getting to Prasat. I'm one of the lucky ones having Immigration so close

Yorky, please...
Actually I was in KCI to make my extension based on retirement.

I had to wait 30 minutes for my audience with the big cheese.
He asked if I had anything to say. I had quite a bit to say. He listened and nodded as I spoke for a few minutes on a variety of issues brought up on this thread.
He brought in an IO that spoke English particularly well.

Through this intermediary he explained to me quite a bit about foreigners who (1) either overstay and never come through the office again to update address or apply for an extension, (2) foreigners committing crimes, (3) foreigners who are engaged in work without proper work permit and lastly (4) foreigners who file for an extension based on marriage but are plainly not living with the named spouse nor have they been seen at that last known address for months ; thereby , effectively applying for and receiving an extension based on marriage but in reality are avoiding being on one based on retirement.

He inquired if I had anything further to discuss.
I replied that while the IO's are out and about chumming up with expats and doing home inspections that they might as well get everyone fingerprinted...should easy to do and would take less than fifteen minutes per applicant once they get with program.
The fingerprints could then be squared away with any found in the AIFIS, Eurodoc or Interpol databases from the applicants home country.
( Couldn't hurt to take throat swabs for DNA if they really want to stay ahead of the curve...unless of course micro-chipping is on the Immigration agenda. )

They stared at me in amazement and the big cheese strode out of his office returning with another IO a few minutes later.
The other IO inquired if I would like some part-time work. All three stared at me awaiting my answer.

I asked if he was serious about the offer. All three nodded their heads and the last IO said, "Very."

I dutifully replied , "Nah , you're not fooling me my friends. I'm not working unless you provide me with an extension based on working and a work Permit from the Dept of Employment (Labour)."
All three stared at me with disbelief.

After a brief pause the big cheese came over and shook my hand turning to the first IO , "Chai , I simply enjoy the way that this man thinks. Sign him up."
He turned back towards me with a big smile and both his hands clasped on mine saying , "Welcome again to stay in Thailand, Coffee."
(As I left his office I noticed he was cleaning his hand with tissues.)

I left 30 minutes later with an extension based on retirement stamped within my passport.

Is this in the correct thread?

However; answer this question:

When I asked the IO (at Kap Cheong) why I needed to now obtain a new Embassy letter to confirm my pension every year, she said it was because Farang wives had not been informing the embassies of their husband's deaths in order to continue to receive the monthly pension.

When I asked the IO (at Kap Cheong) why I needed to now obtain a new Embassy letter to confirm my pension every year, she said it was because Farang wives had not been informing the embassies of their husband's deaths in order to continue to receive the monthly pension.

I had heard a similar story. The yearly letter from the Embassy was requested by the Embassies, not by Immigration. As you said, it was a way to stop Thai wives receiving the pension after the death of a husband.

Yes, as requested by YOUR government.
Don't you think Thailand would want Thai families to keep on collecting UK benes?
Additionally it is possible for YOUR government to pull your benes due to tax fraud or judgements, isn't it? So last years info may not be applicable, correct?

"Through this intermediary he explained to me quite a bit about foreigners who (1) either overstay and never come through the office again to update address or apply for an extension, (2) foreigners committing crimes, (3) foreigners who are engaged in work without proper work permit and lastly (4) foreigners who file for an extension based on marriage but are plainly not living with the named spouse nor have they been seen at that last known address for months ; thereby , effectively applying for and receiving an extension based on marriage but in reality are avoiding being on one based on retirement."

1) I am obviously not in that category as I report every 90 days and also every 12 months to confirm my legal entitlement to extend my stay in Thailand.

2) How can they possibly determine that I have or intend to commit a crime by visiting me at my house?

3) Yes, if I was working illegally they could possibly discover this from my neighbours, although what this has to do with the Erawan Shrine bombing, I don't know.

4) As my extension of stay is based upon retirement this does not apply to me.

I had heard a similar story. The yearly letter from the Embassy was requested by the Embassies, not by Immigration. As you said, it was a way to stop Thai wives receiving the pension after the death of a husband.

So, when the dead husband requires to extend his permission to stay he needs to obtain an up-to-date pension letter from the embassy?

Yorky, do you require reporting to YOUR govt annually to keep on receiving your pension benes?

Back