I received this today.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Dear Yorky (named changed to protect the guilty),

Due to the new ring-fencing legislation in the UK we're changing our trading name from NatWest in the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Gibraltar, to NatWest International.

Whilst our name may have changed, we'll remain the same bank you know today. You'll still deal with the same teams, continue to receive the same level of service you've come to expect and the underlying legal entity - The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited - with whom you have a contractual relationship, is not changing.

You don't need to do anything. There is no change to your banking services or how you do business with us.

Why is the name changing?

• The ring-fencing legislation requires us to separate essential banking services from investment banking services by 1 January 2019.

• It was brought in by the UK Government to strengthen the financial system following the financial crisis that began in 2008. It reduces the possibility that essential banking services are put at risk by a failure in another part of the business such as investment banking.

• To comply with this legislation, we must separate our European Economic Area (EEA) business from our non-EEA businesses such as those in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. We need to be distinctive and clear with our customers who they are banking with therefore we're changing our trading name from NatWest to NatWest International.

What happens next?

• Over the next 12 months you'll start to see our trading name change from NatWest to NatWest International in places such as our website, online & mobile banking, buildings and ATMs.

What does this mean for me?

• There is nothing you need to do.

• The products and services provided by NatWest International will work as they do today.

• We won't issue new cards, cheque books and paying in books at this stage unless you request it, or your existing items are due to be renewed.

• We'll never ask you to share your account information or full security details.

To find out more

Please visit our website for more information and frequently asked questions: natwestinternational.com/namechange

Kind regards

Steve Wakelin
Managing Director, Personal & Business Banking

Well that mail shot was a complete waste of several million pounds. No wonder the Royal Bank of Scotland is taking so long to return to profitability after the Government bail out.

Well that mail shot was a complete waste of several million pounds. No wonder the Royal Bank of Scotland is taking so long to return to profitability after the Government bail out.
That task is the sort of thing my department of NatWest used to do. The costs for the change of stationery & signage are usually astronomical. I went to the IoM once for 10 days to review every job on the Island. Lovely place but bitter cold! The General Manager used to bring us tea & biscuits every morning and have a chat with us. Fun times !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I was informed that NatWest International do not accept document verification by retired personnel.

Yesterday I was informed that NatWest International do not accept document verification by retired personnel.

I am sure that Prince Phillip would take exception to that.

How do they define 'retired'

I am sure that Prince Phillip would take exception to that.

How do they define 'retired'

They didn't say.

"We could not accept the certification for your documents as the person used was retired".

[They suggested The Embassy, HSBC Bank or Standard Chartered Bank]

They didn't say.

"We could not accept the certification for your documents as the person used was retired".

[They suggested The Embassy, HSBC Bank or Standard Chartered Bank]

Then you should have used someone who is not retired....... I did offer...

Is one of the companies a "Regulated Financial Services Business in a well regulated jurisdiction"?

Is one of the companies a "Regulated Financial Services Business in a well regulated jurisdiction"?

Unfortunately not. A bit rich having a bank setting a regulated financial services business as their benchmark when the cookers couldn't regulate their way out of a paper bag 10 years ago and were substantially responsible for the worst financial crisis in 80 years..... but hey, that's just history.

Sledgehammer and nuts come to mind.. presumably they only need to know if you are dead or alive?

No, they need to know I am who I say I am and my address (the one they keep writing to). Apparently there is a risk of me being a money launderer between the DWP and the Kasikorn Bank.

Sledgehammer and nuts again.....

I have re-read the "Frequently asked questions and guidance notes" provided by NatWest International and found nowhere that states that the answers to the "quiz" need to be written in English. I know one or two serving policemen and government officials here in Surin who may agree to verify that my documents are true copies of the originals. The response will be in Thai language obviously.

I have re-read the "Frequently asked questions and guidance notes" provided by NatWest International and found nowhere that states that the answers to the "quiz" need to be written in English. I know one or two serving policemen and government officials here in Surin who may agree to verify that my documents are true copies of the originals. The response will be in Thai language obviously.

Are those gentlemen suitably regulated ?

Scrap that question...just read the Nat West Q & A's

Last edited:
Are those gentlemen suitably regulated ?

Scrap that question...just read the Nat West Q & A's

I am sure that they are members of a "recognised professional body". Who the hell recognises that professional body, only time and extensive research will no doubt determine.

I've been a customer of this bank (formerly RBSI) for 22 years and registered with them with my name and my current address for the last 17 of those years. I am not prepared to travel to Bangkok to cater to their whims without financial recompense. I shall advise them that my address may be checked with DWP and my identity checked with the UK passport office.

I am sure that they are members of a "recognised professional body". Who the hell recognises that professional body, only time and extensive research will no doubt determine.

I've been a customer of this bank (formerly RBSI) for 22 years and registered with them with my name and my current address for the last 17 of those years. I am not prepared to travel to Bangkok to cater to their whims without financial recompense. I shall advise them that my address may be checked with DWP and my identity checked with the UK passport office.

They won't have any of it, they will hide behind Money Laundering Rules (which actually means THEIR interpretation of them).

Tell them you know a retired bank manager who is a company director and if he is good enough to countersign UK passport applications he is certainly fookin good enough to certify documents for Nat West.

I have already told them (no response as yet) that even I am sufficiently qualified to sign for verification of passport photographs, DWP document certification, and many private pension "are you still alive" documentation.

Unfortunately because the UK banks appear to be blocking overseas (outside EU) new bank accounts I could be somewhat f**ked. Otherwise I'd tell them where to deposit their proof of address documents.

Back