I received this today.

Maybe I could sign them for you. I'll even come out of retirement to help a friend.

1772__22329.1453245335.500.659.jpg

I have already told them (no response as yet) that even I am sufficiently qualified to sign for verification of passport photographs, DWP document certification, and many private pension "are you still alive" documentation.

Would you also fail with the "International " banks?

Nationwide used to direct expats to Nationwide International once they discovered a permanent overseas address.

Unfortunately because the UK banks appear to be blocking overseas (outside EU) new bank accounts I could be somewhat f**ked. Otherwise I'd tell them where to deposit their proof of address documents.

I became a customer of Royal Bank of Scotland International in Jersey (RBSI) in 1995 (I think). A couple of years ago RBSI decided to transfer my account to NatWest International (also in Jersey) - without any consultation with me.

In response to your question - I have no idea.

Maybe I could sign them for you. I'll even come out of retirement to help a friend.

This is the wording that they have used:

"You can take the documents to any authorised RBS or NatWest International Employee, Lawyer*, Advocate or Notory Public*, Accountant*, a Director, a Manager, or Officer of a Regulated Financial Services Business in a well regulated Jurisdiction, Bank Manager of a licensed, regulated bank, a Company Secretary*, a Senior Civil Servant, Member of the Judiciary, Serving Police Officer or Serving Customs Officer provided they are not in a high risk jurisdiction to have the copies certified using the Pro-Forma Certification Forms within sections E and F of the Customer Information Pack.

*who is a member of a recognised professional body."

I did note that the "accountant" was not required to be "serving" only that he was a member of a recognised professional body. My certifier was such a person.

This is the wording that they have used:

"You can take the documents to any authorised RBS or NatWest International Employee, Lawyer*, Advocate or Notory Public*, Accountant*, a Director, a Manager, or Officer of a Regulated Financial Services Business in a well regulated Jurisdiction, Bank Manager of a licensed, regulated bank, a Company Secretary*, a Senior Civil Servant, Member of the Judiciary, Serving Police Officer or Serving Customs Officer provided they are not in a high risk jurisdiction to have the copies certified using the Pro-Forma Certification Forms within sections E and F of the Customer Information Pack.

*who is a member of a recognised professional body."

I did note that the "accountant" was not required to be "serving" only that he was a member of a recognised professional body. My certifier was such a person.

One for the grammar police to decipher... does everyone after notAry public have to be employed in a well regulated jurisdiction - or is it after accountants ? many commas but no semi-colons......... what even IS a well regulated jurisdiction?

Some twat got paid a shit load of money to write that horse shit and make life difficult his colleagues in Nat West and the likes of Yorky!

One for the grammar police to decipher... does everyone after notAry public have to be employed in a well regulated jurisdiction - or is it after accountants ? many commas but no semi-colons......... what even IS a well regulated jurisdiction?

Some twat got paid a shit load of money to write that horse shit and make life difficult his colleagues in Nat West and the likes of Yorky!

I shall point that out to them when I next respond to their bullshit.

Transcript of part of my reply this evening:

"Initially I would point out that the “guidance notes” included in your request for CIP do not specify that the accountant needs to be in employment. In fact, I would suggest that the notes be rewritten by someone cognisant of English grammar and punctuation in order that it is made clear exactly what it is that you require."

I have yet to determine how, once I have my name and address confirmed by an acceptable entity, it prevents me from laundering money or funding terrorism?

Transcript of part of my reply this evening:

"Initially I would point out that the “guidance notes” included in your request for CIP do not specify that the accountant needs to be in employment. In fact, I would suggest that the notes be rewritten by someone cognisant of English grammar and punctuation in order that it is made clear exactly what it is that you require."

It has now been made clear to me that the person who verified my documents was not in fact an accountant but Young Mister Grace, ex Police Constable of Greater Manchester. Jasus, it was 12 months ago - I have trouble remembering last week!

One of the documents acceptable as verification of my residential address is a "financial statements from a recognised and reputable bank" - I will ask them to send one to me.

[Edit: I could then send the original back to them (I have no use for it) and then it would not need to be verified as a copy]

[The ones that I have from RBSI are over 12 months old. Nobody bothers much about posting stuff since the advent of internet banking]

Last edited:
Answer:

"I have taken note you do not receive paper statements from us but my main suggestion is to have one sent out to you. This will not be required to be certified if this is the original document that is sent back to us."

Have I really got this right?

I have yet to determine how, once I have my name and address confirmed by an acceptable entity, it prevents me from laundering money or funding terrorism?

It doesn't prevent you of course. They would be likely to reply that having a confirmed name and address for you would make you easier to trace than if you had falsified them and then laundered money or funded terrorism.

Not that you or anyone else would necessarily stand and wait for them to come and find you though ;)

NatWest have now informed me that if I take the form together with my passport and copy thereof, to either UOB Bank or Thanachart Bank they (assuming they mean the manager) will (not "may" but not "shall" either) verify the copy. As far as I am aware the manager of UOB in Surin speaks minimal English and I really doubt that the Thanachart manager speaks any at all. I shall try the manager of Kasikorn (Surin) where I've been a customer for some 16 years.

NatWest have now informed me that if I take the form together with my passport and copy thereof, to either UOB Bank or Thanachart Bank they (assuming they mean the manager) will (not "may" but not "shall" either) verify the copy. As far as I am aware the manager of UOB in Surin speaks minimal English and I really doubt that the Thanachart manager speaks any at all. I shall try the manager of Kasikorn (Surin) where I've been a customer for some 16 years.
Indeed that was my solution a couple of years ago. I took my document to Bangkok Bank and one of the bank officials certified I was still alive.

NatWest International: "You can go to any of these banks and they will certify the documents for you. Standard Chartered bank, United Overseas Bank(UOB)or Thanachart bank."

Yorky: "United Overseas Bank and Thanachart Bank do not have English speaking staff. I could try my own back; Kasikorn"

NatWest International: "We cannot accept certification from Kasikorn bank because its headquarters is in Thailand."

For information: Thanachart Bank headquarters are in Pathum Wan District, Bangkok.

I am becoming more and more convinced that NatWest International want rid of me.

NatWest International: "You can go to any of these banks and they will certify the documents for you. Standard Chartered bank, United Overseas Bank(UOB)or Thanachart bank."

Yorky: "United Overseas Bank and Thanachart Bank do not have English speaking staff. I could try my own back; Kasikorn"

NatWest International: "We cannot accept certification from Kasikorn bank because its headquarters is in Thailand."

For information: Thanachart Bank headquarters are in Pathum Wan District, Bangkok.

I am becoming more and more convinced that NatWest International want rid of me.

Don't flatter yourself Pal, they are just incompetent!

I'm a jp(magistrates court). I am authorised to sign Commonwealth documents with a traceable I.d number.
You reckon that would be acceptable?

I'm a jp(magistrates court). I am authorised to sign Commonwealth documents with a traceable I.d number.
You reckon that would be acceptable?

Thank you for the offer Surin. I shall ask them but probably will not get a response until Monday.

Back