In the dog house (again)

That was uncalled for. You have just brought back painful memories I would rather have forgotten.

How can you ever forget? You have those charming three ladies that remind you every five minutes. At least you set such mirth a flowing in your household. Pity it was at your expense. :weary::D

First coat of protective gloss paint for the roof.

upload_2018-3-25_3-57-19.png

Only 12 hours into the new dog house and Emily will not leave her new domain. You can just see her paws in the shadows. I think this is a definite sign of approval. Let's hope Bruno likes her new home too.

The dog house with its acrylic roof panel - now watertight. Need to find a better way to permanently secure the panel to the dog house.

20180326_162446.jpg

The bricks are 10 to 12 baht each, depending on where you buy them. I have used motar to 'stick' them together although the usual method is to pour a liquid cement into the bricks from the top. These walls can also be reinforced with rebar before pouring the cement. The roofing is quite a heavy and the main support beams are secured into the upright pillars. The downward force of the heavy roof, together with the rear wall (built a couple of years ago of double brick, with rebar and cement) should anchor the facing side wall quite nicely.

The dog house with its acrylic roof panel - now watertight. Need to find a better way to permanently secure the panel to the dog house.

View attachment 20928

The bricks are 10 to 12 baht each, depending on where you buy them. I have used motar to 'stick' them together although the usual method is to pour a liquid cement into the bricks from the top. These walls can also be reinforced with rebar before pouring the cement. The roofing is quite a heavy and the main support beams are secured into the upright pillars. The downward force of the heavy roof, together with the rear wall (built a couple of years ago of double brick, with rebar and cement) should anchor the facing side wall quite nicely.

Check out this FB page. Its one of my favorite. https://www.facebook.com/wildrosekennels/ and their web. http://www.uklabs.com

View attachment 20928

Better than a bomb shelter.

Anderson would be proud
I knew it was missing something, the flag!
med_gallery_2040_3130_4050.jpg

Is she thrilled? Oh well she will lose some weight.

"Is she thrilled?" Not yet, but at least she lets the little one share the same dog house. Bruno seems to have adopted my gardening shoes as her pillow. Emily is jealous that she now has to share me with Bruno. I am very carefull to over compensate and make sure Emily gets more than her fair share of attention. Bruno wants to play with Emily, especially after feeding, but Emily gives him a firm put down with a quick bark. I have given Emily a stern warning that Bruno will probably be bigger than her before the year is out. Therefore, she had better be good or he may come back to haunt her later. I will say that Bruno is settling in very quickly and is already very playful, especially when I try to brush out and mop the floors. To see him attack the mop head makes me think he will become a very good guard dog later. Its only 36 hours since Bruno arrived and the initial signs are very good. I remain very optimistic that the two dogs will become very good friends.

20180327_102742.jpg

I know, I need to get a new sleeping pad for the dogs before too long. Made to measure and big enough for two. Though, having said that, Bruno prefers the tiled floor at the moment with my shoe as a pillow of course. All part of the bonding process.

"Is she thrilled?" Not yet, but at least she lets the little one share the same dog house. Bruno seems to have adopted my gardening shoes as her pillow. Emily is jealous that she now has to share me with Bruno. I am very carefull to over compensate and make sure Emily gets more than her fair share of attention. Bruno wants to play with Emily, especially after feeding, but Emily gives him a firm put down with a quick bark. I have given Emily a stern warning that Bruno will probably be bigger than her before the year is out. Therefore, she had better be good or he may come back to haunt her later. I will say that Bruno is settling in very quickly and is already very playful, especially when I try to brush out and mop the floors. To see him attack the mop head makes me think he will become a very good guard dog later. Its only 36 hours since Bruno arrived and the initial signs are very good. I remain very optimistic that the two dogs will become very good friends.

View attachment 20931

I know, I need to get a new sleeping pad for the dogs before too long. Made to measure and big enough for two. Though, having said that, Bruno prefers the tiled floor at the moment with my shoe as a pillow of course. All part of the bonding process.

By the looks you need to get busy on building a larger dog house.

Back