Internet Banking - Bangkok Bank

My wife was in Lobinson's again today (during F1 wet practice) and as the Kasikorn wasn't busy she enquired from one of the "tellers".

"You're husband will need a work permit".

"He is not entitled to a work permit, he is retired"

"Are you married?"

"Yes".

"Your marriage paper will suffice"

They make it up as they go along!

My wife was in Lobinson's again today (during F1 wet practice) and as the Kasikorn wasn't busy she enquired from one of the "tellers".

"You're husband will need a work permit".

"He is not entitled to a work permit, he is retired"

"Are you married?"

"Yes".

"Your marriage paper will suffice"

They make it up as they go along!

I disagree.

I think they have a template.

That template comprises a multiple answer flowchart.

Surprise, surprise! The long awaited sealed envelope with PIN arrived from Bangkok Bank a couple of days ago. Been kind of busy so I did not try logging on to my new Internet Banking account until this morning. Easy, peasy and a very tidy website too. Like it. Certainly worth the wait.

What you should also do is to subscribe to their text service when a withdrawal is made using your debit card.
It is minimal cost I think about 50 or 100 baht.

You may remember my Bangkok Bank account was emptied a couple of years ago by someone making a series of 5000 baht equivalent withdrawals until the daily maximum was reached and then they started again on the following day.
I still had the card in my possession and not even my partner knew my pin, fortunately in due course the bank refunded my money.
The interesting thing was I had used the card two months earlier in Bali and the day before in an ATM in Khon Kaen, the amounts withdrawn equated to 100 GBP at the then exchange rates, the bank never revealed what had happened

What you should also do is to subscribe to their text service when a withdrawal is made using your debit card.
It is minimal cost I think about 50 or 100 baht.

You may remember my Bangkok Bank account was emptied a couple of years ago by someone making a series of 5000 baht equivalent withdrawals until the daily maximum was reached and then they started again on the following day.
I still had the card in my possession and not even my partner knew my pin, fortunately in due course the bank refunded my money.
The interesting thing was I had used the card two months earlier in Bali and the day before in an ATM in Khon Kaen, the amounts withdrawn equated to 100 GBP at the then exchange rates, the bank never revealed what had happened

Good advice Colin especially for those who do not regularly use their ATM cards or access their bank accounts However I have occasion to check my bank accounts online daily, and can see what-if anything untoward -is going on.

Purely as an aside from the extra cost for text messages, did everyone know that mobile phones that play music when you call as opposed to just a ring tone, pay extra for the privilege . Frankly I would rather just hear a ring tone and save a few baht!

Good advice Colin especially for those who do not regularly use their ATM cards or access their bank accounts However I have occasion to check my bank accounts online daily, and can see what-if anything untoward -is going on.

Purely as an aside from the extra cost for text messages, did everyone know that mobile phones that play music when you call as opposed to just a ring tone, pay extra for the privilege . Frankly I would rather just hear a ring tone and save a few baht!
Fortunately my inquiring mind into all matters computers and little black boxes does not extend to telling bones. Not interested in the slightest about setting music on my smart phone. Bog standard ringing tone will do nicely thank you.

I prefer to have a different ring tone to my wife's phone. They are both identical models.

When I had a dumb phone, I always went for the old "ring, ring" tone. As I was the only one in the office with that, I always knew when it was my phone ringing.

Fortunately my inquiring mind into all matters computers and little black boxes does not extend to telling bones. Not interested in the slightest about setting music on my smart phone. Bog standard ringing tone will do nicely thank you.

Very good Nomad should you ever choose to take any exercise.

Down the gym, or on the exercise bike on the balcony, I prefer wiring up my headphones to my Samsung rather than using wifi.

I prefer to have a different ring tone to my wife's phone. They are both identical models.

When I had a dumb phone, I always went for the old "ring, ring" tone. As I was the only one in the office with that, I always knew when it was my phone ringing.

Yorky...I was referring to the sound you hear when you ring someone. It is either a ring tone or some music. Naturally in your home you need a ring tone that is different from others.

Yorky...I was referring to the sound you hear when you ring someone. It is either a ring tone or some music. Naturally in your home you need a ring tone that is different from others.

"Calling Melody" with AIS.

Very good Nomad should you ever choose to take any exercise.

Down the gym, or on the exercise bike on the balcony, I prefer wiring up my headphones to my Samsung rather than using wifi.

Should I ever choose to take exercise down the gym I would probably kill myself. If not a drastic finale, the exercise would in all probability put me in hospital with a variety of severe joint disorders due to my acute Reiter's Syndrome (arthritis). Unlike Yorky, I do cut the grass instead of filming my wife being pulled behind the mower and I do take my dog past the gate at least 3 times a day. I occasionally go for a swim with my daughters. I also get more exercise than the UK national average for a much younger man in the bedroom. That, I am afraid will have to suffice for someone rapidly approaching his 70th birthday. Unfortunately, my days of playing tennis, cycling, running, rugby, hashing, board sailing, skiing, water skiing, swimming, rowing and hard weights and circuits in the gym will have to remain fond memories of a bygone era. My old bones are no longer suited to such exercise.

Should I ever choose to take exercise down the gym I would probably kill myself. If not a drastic finale, the exercise would in all probability put me in hospital with a variety of severe joint disorders due to my acute Reiter's Syndrome (arthritis). Unlike Yorky, I do cut the grass instead of filming my wife being pulled behind the mower and I do take my dog past the gate at least 3 times a day. I occasionally go for a swim with my daughters. I also get more exercise than the UK national average for a much younger man in the bedroom. That, I am afraid will have to suffice for someone rapidly approaching his 70th birthday. Unfortunately, my days of playing tennis, cycling, running, rugby, hashing, board sailing, skiing, water skiing, swimming, rowing and hard weights and circuits in the gym will have to remain fond memories of a bygone era. My old bones are no longer suited to such exercise.

Good to hear that you regularly paint the bedroom. :)

NOTE... You can only transfer money out of the FCD account into the savings account, during bank trading hours.

@Prakhonchai Nick
Nick, can moving funds from a Foreign Currency Deposit account into Thai Bhat Savings account be accomplished on the Bangkok Bank internet site ?
Is it 'bualuang ibanking' (or bualuang mbanking) ?

Or must one still go in person to the main branch office to conduct a manual "foreign currency exchange" transaction ?

@Prakhonchai Nick
Nick, can moving funds from a Foreign Currency Deposit account into Thai Bhat Savings account be accomplished on the Bangkok Bank internet site ?
Is it 'bualuang ibanking' (or bualuang mbanking) ?

Or must one still go in person to the main branch office to conduct a manual "foreign currency exchange" transaction ?

It can be done online
https://ibanking.bangkokbank.com/SignOn.aspx
As previously stated you can only move a foreign currency from the FCD to the Bangkok Bank savings account during Bangkok Bank main banking hours (ie 8.30am to 3.30pm) Monday to Friday No transfers possible at weekends or bank holidays
The transfer rate is the exact TT rate at the time of transfer with no added fees.

Thanks Nick. I'll look into it.

I'm no longer thrilled with going into a bank for an hour to handle a fx conversion from my US$ FCD account into my THB savings account.

I'll miss those pretty faces with braces. :D

I'm no longer thrilled with going into a bank for an hour to handle a fx conversion from my US$ FCD account into my THB savings account.

One further visit to admire the pretty lasses will likely be needed as you will need to request an internet password.

Coffee, do Transferwise operate in the States?

Since I started using them I have no need for my Sterling FCD.

Back