Kasikorn Bank - Internet Banking Problems?

My Bangkok Bank debit card expired June this year and both the main branch in Surin and the internet bank help desk insisted I had no choice but to change to the 6 digit card.
The problem with it is that it is linked to Union Pay and Thai Payment Network, whatever they may be, and unlike the old card is not connected to Visa.
I have found when I try to use the new card in shops/stores they won't accept it
Exactly. That is why the girl in Bangkok Bank told me to hang on to my existing one. At this time, the new cards are about as useless as tits on a bull.

And painstakingly staggering down Sukhumvit at midnight trying to find an ATM which had money in it!

Sukhumvit at midnight, requiring cash? Whatever it was for I doubt she would accept payment via internet banking!:blush:

I once had to revisit my normal Pattaya bar late at night for a wee loan when an unanticipated payment was required.. Doubt I would be so lucky these days.

Sukhumvit at midnight, requiring cash? Whatever it was for I doubt she would accept payment via internet banking!:blush:

I once had to revisit my normal Pattaya bar late at night for a wee loan when an unanticipated payment was required.. Doubt I would be so lucky these days.

Don't blink guys, it is going to happen real fast. That a young lady is going to present a QR code to you. I am talking to single guys only here. ;). Thailand 4.0 is real and is gaining speed. Those shops will be forced by shear numbers in the very near future to adopt or die. I adopted the system and search it out everywhere. China created it, India has forced it on it's citizens by removing most of the low denomination cash and Thailand is playing catch up fast. The Line App is integrating PromptPay into the App as well, But I personally am just not ready for that. You see the Chinese system is incorporated into WeChat.

We don't use cash here in Australia now. Everywhere you go that requires payment is done by tap and go...or if you need to pay someone for anything you use Osko on your phone or internet banking that transfers to their bank immediately, no matter the time or day.

We don't use cash here in Australia now. Everywhere you go that requires payment is done by tap and go...or if you need to pay someone for anything you use Osko on your phone or internet banking that transfers to their bank immediately, no matter the time or day.

Rather than 'tap and go' (contactless to give it it's proper name), I think card 'swipe' is more likely in Walking Street, Pattaya.

Bit of bullshit below...... can't see you paying for your kwitiow by tap and go for a long time yet!

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0965259007700488

A minor glitch. Think back to previous times before internet banking, when one would have to phtsically visit the bank, queue etc.

We have never had it so good.:)
That’s one way to look it. Was that not at the same time when many banks employed a lot of staff in UK?
(
I’m just saying this, being instrumental with personally doing away with hundreds of job positions)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. That is why the girl in Bangkok Bank told me to hang on to my existing one. At this time, the new cards are about as useless as tits on a bull.
Agree, especially when traveling to other nearby countries (except China).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back