Lawyer in Surin

ColinW

Surin relic
I am coming over to Surin in January and want to sort out out a couple of legal issues concerning land, one is getting a lease in my name for land I have already acquired in my partners name, the second is safeguarding a large deposit on a second plot of land pending completion in the summer of 2011
During my last visit a lawyer named Chalong was mentioned, does anyone know him or have an English speaking lawyer they can recommend

Mr Chalong has helped many SF members, and most have been satisfied with his legal services.

HOWEVER, Ray CC and I need some documents notarised on behalf of a dying woman. Chalong said he would do it, but it turned out he was not authorised, and the "notarised" papers were rejected. We lost a month of precious time, had to pay elsewhere to have the job done properly, and only managed to finalise matters just before the lady passed away!

Isaan Lawyers in Korat are more professional, and well thought of. Run by a Canadian - Sebastian. 044 245 001 http://www.isaanlawyers.com

Thanks Alan, look forward to receiving his number
We met last January I'm the bloke from Blackburn, I could do with another chat with you next month.
I will be in Surin 10/11/12 & 22 to 27 January - will you be around?

Last edited by a moderator:
ColinW
Alan is today in BKK picking up his son (Danny) from the airport. He is based here in Surin and is spending more time working locally, so I'm sure it will be easy to meet up with him here.

Dave

I am pleased to say that I do not know, first hand (in Thailand)

I thought it was 60 baht but then again my ex-wife paid the fee 6 years ago.... Didn't work though she still cooks for me 3 days a week for me here in Canada...Newer almost ex-wife 2 not too happy sitting over there in Thailand somewhere so I'll get her to pay for this divorce too... Mind tax wise much better to stay married and use her as a tax credit in our glorious income tax system here in Canada ....lol.......Think1

I am coming over to Surin in January and want to sort out out a couple of legal issues concerning land, one is getting a lease in my name for land I have already acquired in my partners name, the second is safeguarding a large deposit on a second plot of land pending completion in the summer of 2011
During my last visit a lawyer named Chalong was mentioned, does anyone know him or have an English speaking lawyer they can recommend

I used Isaan Lawyers to purchase land and arrange a usufruct.

I thought it was 60 baht but then again my ex-wife paid the fee 6 years ago.... Didn't work though she still cooks for me 3 days a week for me here in Canada...Newer almost ex-wife 2 not too happy sitting over there in Thailand somewhere so I'll get her to pay for this divorce too... Mind tax wise much better to stay married and use her as a tax credit in our glorious income tax system here in Canada ....lol.......Think1

Any news on wife no 3 Mike ?

So, any possibility of getting Mr. Chalong's phone number, address, contact info? Know a couple people looking for a lawyer in Surin. I have the Isaan Lawyers info. Need Mr. Chalong's if possible too.

Mike/Cent

Last edited:
So, any possibility of getting Mr. Chalong's phone number, address, contact info? Know a couple people looking for a lawyer in Surin. I have the Isaan Lawyers info. Need Mr. Chalong's if possible too.

Mike/Cent

Isaan lawyers were very busy last time I was in contact with them and Sebastian was not taking on new clients. Very professional firm who gave a good service and were totally honest.

I would not be able to make all those comments if I was replying to Nick's post.

There is supposedly a notarial services attorney in Buriram.

I propose making contact with him to ascertain whether he can actually provide notarisations, (unlike Mr Chalong) since Prakhonchai Expat Services have regular need for same.

Notarial services attorney in Buriram.

Lawyer name: Teerasak Tongsuang.

Tel: 081-3902539 , 044-601744 , 081-7253515

Location: 33/5 PaladMueng road, NaiMueng Sub-district, Buriram 31000
*Just opposite the Gas station near the coffee shop.

Back