Lawyer in Surin

I have heard good reports of Chalong being used where he is authorised to work. Ray CC and I had a need for a document to be notarised in the presence of a dying woman in Buriram hospital. Chalong assured us he was the man for the job, local, half the price of Sebastian and was fully approved for notarising.

His notarised document was rejected by UK judges, as it was not a notarisation, but merely a document with his name stamp on it.

We lost one month, and only succeeded in finding someone else to assist just days before the woman died. Chalong initially refused to refund our payment , or to compensate us for our increased costs. However he did pay up, literally at the last minute, after we threatened to bring the matter to the notice of the Thai Law Society.

So where can we find an approved Notary Public should we need one?

So where can we find an approved Notary Public should we need one?
It is my understanding that an NP as we know it is not in Thailand . As stated above the courts in the west will throw them out. The only ones that are accepted are from our embassy/consulate.

It is my understanding that an NP as we know it is not in Thailand . As stated above the courts in the west will throw them out. The only ones that are accepted are from our embassy/consulate.

Utter Nonsense.There are suitably qualified lawyers who are allowed to provide Notarial Services and they are accepted in the west,

So they are not called Notary Public BIG F####### DEAL

They do the job and they do it legally

Unlike Chalong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Utter Nonsense.There are suitably qualified lawyers who are allowed to provide Notarial Services and they are accepted in the west,

So they are not called Notary Public BIG F####### DEAL

They do the job and they do it legally

Unlike Chalong.

Seem,s like your angry about the thread !

Found this:-

Notary Public in Thailand One of the most frequent questions which law offices in Thailand have been asked is: “Do you have a Notary Public Service in your law office?” or “Can I get a document certified by Notary Public in your law office?”
Those questions are asked either by foreigners or by Thai people who have contract or business with a foreigner.
The precise answer which may cause disappointment is: “There is no Notary Public in Thailand”
In various countries, a Notary Public is a special kind of lawyer with a license to perform specific work, i.e., to authenticate a document, or to witness an affidavit or the statement of any person under oath. The Notary Public provides a very useful service in that when a person receives a notarized document, affidavit or statement, he will recognize it as being authentic because it has been certified by a licensed neutral person who guarantees the document. A document that has be! en certified by a Notary Public is likewise recognized by government and other official agencies.
Even though there is no Notary Public in Thailand, when a client requests for the Notary Public Service, we may assist our client as follows:
1. We will advise our client to inform the related person precisely that there is no Notary Public in Thailand and recommend our client to ask the related person whether he will accept the document authenticated by a reputable licensed lawyer in Thailand instead of a Notary Public. In most case, if such document or transaction is performed in the private sector, the answer of the related person will be positive.
2. On the other hand, if such document is to be presented to an official agency in another country, we advise that after the document is authenticated by a reputable licensed lawyer in Thailand, it should then be re-authenticated by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs or else by the Embassy of the country in which the document will be presented.
Recently, ! the Law Society of Thailand has the idea of proposing a new law to introduce the Notary Public Service in Thailand but it may take a long time before such law is enacted.
Consequently, the aforementioned advice is appropriate for the time being. "

Even though there is no Notary Public System in Thailand, the Thai Law Society has tried to solve this problem by establishing the Registry of Signature and Document Attestation to train lawyers, who will perform the duty to certify signatures and documents, as so called Notarial Services Attorneys; and also to register the Notarial Services Attorneys for the purpose of verification.

Besides this, the Thai Law Society has also notified the international embassies in Thailand concerning the roles and the duties of the registered Thai Notarial Services Attorneys, which should be accepted at an international level until Thailand establishes a formal Notary Public System.

In previous posts on this thread there are references to a lawyer situated down the road from Chalong.
Does anyone have his name and phone number?
Anyone used him and have a view on his competancy - I will need a 30 year lease agreement drawing up when I visit late July and need to ensure its done quickly before I return to the UK

Regardless of what some members have posted Collin Shalang speaks Good English and has done loads of these leases ,he tends to look after the Farang ,who,s to say this other lawyer will !
Shalong did a lot for me and when I split from my X-Wife it was a god send !

Chalong wanted 20k to write up a simple will and usufruct.... when I later phoned him to decline his offer it was awkward to say the least, was like dealing with a teenager. I ended up using a bloke down the road who was a right pain in the arse and as thick as mince. As per the advise of several members of this forum I will never ever use a local lawyer again and will instead go through Seb at Isaan Lawyers.

Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

Refer to post #36 and my endorsement at post #37:
I have a friend and his wife who has been using this gentleman (lawyer) to sort out a complicated and acrimonious land dispute. They are and have been very happy with his services and I am sure they would recommend him to you.

Having enjoyed the services of this gentleman for over a year they are 'sacking' him this morning. He has failed to live up to my friends expectations. My endorsement of his services is withdrawn with immediate effect. I think I would not trust any of the local lawyers and I too would use Sebastian in Korat.

Refer to post #36 and my endorsement at post #37:

Having enjoyed the services of this gentleman for over a year they are 'sacking' him this morning. He has failed to live up to my friends expectations. My endorsement of his services is withdrawn with immediate effect. I think I would not trust any of the local lawyers and I too would use Sebastian in Korat.

The trumped up case McMaggot and that fckuing lawyer tried to do me over with was slaughtered by Sebastian at Isaan Law and WE didn't pay the cops or the prosecutor! Use the crunt at your peril..dirty dog!

Use the crunt at your peril..dirty dog! ? Who,s the dirty dog mate ?

Try and up keep Alan ! :biggrin:

I now believe that you only ever read one post back before posting Moon2

I wouldn't p!ss on Chalong if he was on fire !

Last edited:
Just my two cents on Chalong. The late Martin, R.I.P. referred me to him back in 2006 when I bought a home. He took care of everything, made a few phone calls to his "inside person" at the land office to expedite everything and I gave him 10,000 Baht. He wrote up a Usufruct and a will for me. When I had a huge dust up with the wife 18 months later and it looked like things would go South he represented me, explained what would happen to both of us and eventually got my wife to understand what the problem was. When it came time to change the color of the land book, I gave him 2000 Baht to make another phone call, he did so and we sailed through the land office in less than three hours, much to the surprise of some of the clerks. Whenever we see Chalong out and and about in Surin we take the time to visit and chat with him, invite him to eat with us and thank him again for all he has done. Thai people love to be complimented and recognized and it goes a long way in your relationships with them.

I've read all the post,s still not sure who the dirty dog is Ray...

Alan, I think Robert's is quite clear - khun C and his client tried to fcuk Robert and the dirty dog got fcuked himself.

As we all know, we speak as we find and you and Paddyk had better experiences.

Alan, I think Robert's is quite clear - khun C and his client tried to fcuk Robert and the dirty dog got fcuked himself.

As we all know, we speak as we find and you and Paddyk had better experiences.

I have known Chalong for over 11 years I have put many local clients onto him and some of them did break up with there wife's and all came out GOOD.
I also have have sent clients local to Khorat to see Sabastian . I think in Surin,s Case it was the guy who tried to fcuk Robert who was the dirty dog ,the guy representing him was simply doing his job ,and he lost the case because Robert was in the right , Justice came to light and Robert won the case because he was innocent.

Back