Second Bathroom

Very astute. I gave them the evil eye this morning and said this is my bathroom. I informed them that I will clear my stuff from the master bathroom and the girls can then have that for their own uses. Unfortunately, with the scope of work expanding it may take a few more days before I can complete the transition.
Nothing worse than taking the evil eye back.
I must say that I did think the original job went far too smoothly.
I had the same problem with my outlet snapping off a few years back but, fortunately it left me with just enough exposed pipe to add to it.

SWMBO called around the site foreman and asked his advice about the broken pipe. By the time he arrived @Rice and myself had already opted to plug the hole as described earlier and completed the work. However, he did have some advice to offer and told my wife not to tile the hole in the wall. Just cover with mortar and, if necessary, apply some paint. He said it would make things easier to repair should the pipe start to leak in the future. SWMBO , in turn, gave directions to do just that. Just as well really as a cursory look in Thai Watsadu this morning failed to find any similar tiles, let alone 20 mm in size. Made good progress this morning and I can take the rest of the day off to let the planted WC set firm.

20190411_124427.jpg

I will find a more suitable bin and then you will hardly see the join. Good direction SWMBO. 555

Bruno's brother, Tare, hurled himself into the downstairs hong nam and crashed into the wall tap in the shower area, snapping it off within the wall. Fortunately, I was able to access the blue plastic pipe extension with a pair of long nosed pliers and replace it. One of the few occasions that he's managed to wreck the place without causing terminal damage - to himself or the house.

A hint that may help some. If you have a pipe break near a fitting then what you can do is cut the pipe about 4 mm from the fitting. Using your pvc glue paint a liberal amount inside of the pipe inside the fitting. Use a lighter or match and set the glue on fire.this will soften the pipe inside the fitting. Using a small flat head screwdriver wedge it between the fitting and the soft pipe. Fold it into the centre. Work your way around the pipe and then you can prise out the off cut of pipe and re glue new pipe into the fitting. Very handy to save trips to the hardware shops or having to do serious damage to get to cut out the whole pipe. Saved my ass many times.

A hint that may help some. If you have a pipe break near a fitting then what you can do is cut the pipe about 4 mm from the fitting. Using your pvc glue paint a liberal amount inside of the pipe inside the fitting. Use a lighter or match and set the glue on fire.this will soften the pipe inside the fitting. Using a small flat head screwdriver wedge it between the fitting and the soft pipe. Fold it into the centre. Work your way around the pipe and then you can prise out the off cut of pipe and re glue new pipe into the fitting. Very handy to save trips to the hardware shops or having to do serious damage to get to cut out the whole pipe. Saved my ass many times.
Mine too!

Back