Thai immigration clarifies situation for tourists and long term visa holders during amnesty period

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Thai immigration clarifies situation for tourists and long term visa holders during amnesty period

Thailand’s Immgiration Bureau have released more details regarding the visa amnesty.

An infographic shared on Friday confirms the extension of the visa amnesty to 26 September 2020.

Immigration also clarified the situation for tourists and those staying in Thailand on tourist visas, as well as expats who are required to complete a 90 day report.

According to the announcement, short term visa holders - those staying in Thailand on tourist visas, visa exempt or visa on arrival - “have to prepare for departing the Kingdom within September 26, 2020”.

There are a few exceptions to this, however, namely on medical grounds or not being able to get a flight home due to the COVID-19 situation, but any other tourist should now be making preparations to leave Thailand by 26 September.

For long term expats and those wishing to apply for an extension of stay, such as it being based on retirement, marriage or being a parent to a Thai child, you should apply for the extension at your local immigration office between now and 26 September.

Immigration also states that anyone who was due to do a 90 day report between 26 March and 31 July needs to complete one before 31 August if not already done so.

Foreigners in Thailand should be aware that the penalties for overstay will come into effect on 27 September.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/11...long-term-visa-holders-during-amnesty-period/

"Immigration also states that anyone who was due to do a 90 day report between 26 March and 31 July needs to complete one before 31 August if not already done so. "

Well then anyone who took advantage of the amnesty and did not submit their 90-day report, now has 5 days in which to do so. I would guess Immigration offices are going to be quite busy between Monday and the end of the month.

"Immigration also states that anyone who was due to do a 90 day report between 26 March and 31 July needs to complete one before 31 August if not already done so. "

Well then anyone who took advantage of the amnesty and did not submit their 90-day report, now has 5 days in which to do so. I would guess Immigration offices are going to be quite busy between Monday and the end of the month.

31st August is 5 weeks away not 5 days.

"Immigration also states that anyone who was due to do a 90 day report between 26 March and 31 July needs to complete one before 31 August if not already done so."

What is the procedure for anyone who is due to do a 90 day report between 1st August and 26th September?

Or am I missing something?

"Immigration also states that anyone who was due to do a 90 day report between 26 March and 31 July needs to complete one before 31 August if not already done so."

What is the procedure for anyone who is due to do a 90 day report between 1st August and 26th September?

Or am I missing something?
I'm on an Extension based on Marriage.
If I'm reading this correctly, and since my next date for address report is Sept.23, I'm assuming I must do this report no later than August 31st?
Am I reading this correctly??

If I'm reading this correctly, and since my next date for address report is Sept.23, I'm assuming I must do this report no later than August 31st?
Okay, I just read it again more SLOWLY..."Anyone who...between 26 March and 31 July"..."if not already done so".
That ain't me

But you are in the category 1st August to 26th September as I am and I believe @nomad97 is also.
We have already submitted our "Application for Extension" so we are good on that already, your (and my) question is regarding "Notification of Residence" and I haven't seen anything mentioned that says it would not be the normal "14 days before-7 after" rule. I will have the lovely wife call them before 31 August to verify that, and my intention will be to do it online as usual.

That suggests that your last report date was 26th June.

If you did that, then your next report date is 23 Sept.

If you DIDN’T do the May report under amnesty rules then I would assume that you would need to report by 31 August

We have already submitted our "Application for Extension" so we are good on that already, your (and my) question is regarding "Notification of Residence" and I haven't seen anything mentioned that says it would not be the normal "14 days before-7 after" rule. I will have the lovely wife call them before 31 August to verify that, and my intention will be to do it online as usual.

My only problem with on-line could be is that my last 90 day report was with my new passport. Although a number of ThaiVisa members say they have successfully reported on line with new passports (without re-entering the country) I'm sceptical. None of said members (as far as I know) were required to report to Surin Immigration.

That suggests that your last report date was 26th June.

If you did that, then your next report date is 23 Sept.

If you DIDN’T do the May report under amnesty rules then I would assume that you would need to report by 31 August
I did the 28 May, 2020 "Extension Application" and was "under consideration" until 27 June. I received my "Extension of Stay" on 26 June 2020, now good until 28 May, 2021. My "Notify Address" form done by SI and put in my passport says to notify on 23 September 2020.
I think that's what I need to do, and as I said I do my address reports online, but I think it will be a good idea to call SI before 31 August just to make sure.
Thanks for your help in clarifying.

Depends on how much one drinks obviously...;;grimace;;

Casting dispersions eh? I will have you know I have had no booze in the house for the past week. In fact, I had fully intended to stay dry until at least the end of the month. However, while ironing the clothes in the living room this morning, an object in the showcase caught my attention, it was the outer carton from a liter bottle of Bells. Lo and behold, even better, it had a full bottle inside. My wife must have taken pity on me. 555!

Casting dispersions eh? I will have you know I have had no booze in the house for the past week. In fact, I had fully intended to stay dry until at least the end of the month. However, while ironing the clothes in the living room this morning, an object in the showcase caught my attention, it was the outer carton from a liter bottle of Bells. Lo and behold, even better, it had a full bottle inside. My wife must have taken pity on me. 555!

Probably a present for "ironing the clothes".

sarcastic.jpg

I think it is truly genius that all visa extensions will become valid from 27th of September.

This stops all the arse holes in my position trying to milk the last out of the amnesty time, and encourage those that need a visa extension to do it sooner then later.
In reality I had decided NOT to milk the amnesty. It is a nice icing that you get the last of the amnesty time any way.

I will be applying for an permission to stay based on Thai spouse. My first one. I will start practicing hoop jumping now.
The thing that worries me is the financial letter and how vague it is in what needs to be in it and the time of validity and this BS about fresh balance sheets and recent withdrawals and the like and the need for a fresh print x minutes old. I am with KTB and there is no branch in Kap Chong.

I think this time I will be straight up. Tell them you insult my wife I punch you in the face. Ok lets start the process.

I got the hell out last month because my 1-year multi entry visa had not only expired but they don't exist any longer; plus I expected that there would be every likelihood of great confusion perpetrated by individuals in Bangkok who don't get out out much, don't talk to anyone else who doesn't get out much, and don't understand that their pontificating paperwork bears no practical relevance to aeroplanes, covid, or the realities of normal life.
I underestimated it !!

"For long term expats and those wishing to apply for an extension of stay, such as it being based on retirement, marriage or being a parent to a Thai child, you should apply for the extension at your local immigration office between now and 26 September."

May I presume, as a long-term ex-pat with a valid permission to stay until the end of this year, that I am not affected by the statement above? Or should I read the statement that "For long term expats" applies to all long-term ex-pats and must, therefore, apply for a new extension of stay before 26th Septemeber?

Further, as @Rice has pointed out, all new visa extensions will become valid on 27th September. Just think of the queues of ex-pats at Immigration Offices to process further visa extensions on the anniversary dates of said extensions. Truly a mark of genius!

I think it is truly genius that all visa extensions will become valid from 27th of September.

This stops all the arse holes in my position trying to milk the last out of the amnesty time, and encourage those that need a visa extension to do it sooner then later.
In reality I had decided NOT to milk the amnesty. It is a nice icing that you get the last of the amnesty time any way.

I will be applying for an permission to stay based on Thai spouse. My first one. I will start practicing hoop jumping now.
The thing that worries me is the financial letter and how vague it is in what needs to be in it and the time of validity and this BS about fresh balance sheets and recent withdrawals and the like and the need for a fresh print x minutes old. I am with KTB and there is no branch in Kap Chong.

I think this time I will be straight up. Tell them you insult my wife I punch you in the face. Ok lets start the process.

Stay calm and the Gods will smile on you. o_Oo_Oo_O

Back