UK Pensions

38173198_1657311647724354_9166335674322780160_n.jpg

In some countries, Portugal being one, occupational pensions are merged with state pensions and paid out by the state. That would account for Portugal's payout being near the top of the list

With most UK occupational pensions paying 50% - 66%, that combined with state pensions and add-ons pushes the UK into the top 5.

I think they are talking of state government pensions. I get both, Social Security 'pension' from the gov I put into my whole working life, and a 'job' pension from my work.

I think they are talking of state government pensions. I get both, Social Security 'pension' from the gov I put into my whole working life, and a 'job' pension from my work.

But as I said some countries combine what would be the state pension with the private/occupational pension, paid out by the governement. which likely results in the high percentages on the chart. Just one payment..not two or more.

Still, 29% seems awful low. I think our 49% is way too low. (And many do not have a work pension or ANY savings for retirement these days.)

Still, 29% seems awful low. I think our 49% is way too low. (And many do not have a work pension or ANY savings for retirement these days.)

Cannot blame the government for the latter. Too many people refuse to put aside any money for old age preferring to spend it all on wine, women and song (+gambling and drugs)

Or repaying student loans with interest at 6% and paying a large mortgage.
God help the young people in the UK if interest rates increase sharply.

Or repaying student loans with interest at 6% and paying a large mortgage.
God help the young people in the UK if interest rates increase sharply.

They won’t.

There.....another prediction....

At the back end of the last century we used to say “if you can borrow money at less than 10%, do so, because the average cost of borrowing in any 50 year time span during the 1900’s was above 10%”.

We will not see base rates above 5% in my lifetime........ there, another prediction.

They won’t.

At the back end of the last century we used to say “if you can borrow money at less than 10%, do so, because the average cost of borrowing in any 50 year time span during the 1900’s was above 10%”.

We will not see base rates above 5% in my lifetime........ there, another prediction.

Not even one Christmas when the £/Baht hits 50? ;)

I can’t squeeze more than Nung pan into the tank but I don’t drive a Hum V ...

They won’t.

About the % or your lifetime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filled up yesterday 2000 bht exactly. Couldn't be arsed to fill up day before and it went up 30 satang overnight.

I fill up when there's very little left in the tank - possibly 5 litres or so, judging by the dashboard readout. During the last 10 weeks, I've filled up 3 times. The first cost 1700 THB, the second was 1790, and two days ago it cost exactly 2000. The good news is that it still costs a lot less than filling my old car in the UK - even allowing for the fall in Sterling since coming here.

I fill up when there's very little left in the tank - possibly 5 litres or so, judging by the dashboard readout. During the last 10 weeks, I've filled up 3 times. The first cost 1700 THB, the second was 1790, and two days ago it cost exactly 2000. The good news is that it still costs a lot less than filling my old car in the UK - even allowing for the fall in Sterling since coming here.
I run it down until there's about 50 km left in the tank Merlin. Definitely wouldn't like to pay UK prices now.

People have to pay tax in the UK. How else could a government waste it?

I fill up when the tank is around 1/4 full. About Bht 1,500.00 - 1,600.00. In 50 years driving, I cannot remember ever running out of petrol/diesel (although I've run out of wheels).

Back