Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

Discussion in 'Surin News' started by gotlost, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Jeppe

Jeppe Well-Known Member

I was out to see huaei saneng today. And I must say I got surprised when I saw how much water there was now, compared to what it was just a month ago.

Screenshot_20190905_170855_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

2. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

I have no idea of the size of the reservoir's catchment area but looking at that image and considering the rainfall that we've had (at least in my drum) which hasn't actually been torrential, it must be quite large. Another month of steady rain and we may all be OK until April.

Jeppe likes this.
  3. Jeppe

Jeppe Well-Known Member

It looked like it was about 1,5-2m left until the reservoir are full.
    Hopefully,it will be full as you say before the rain season is over. Then maybe we don't get the same crisis next year.

4. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

I hope that this year has taught us all that prudent use of the water that we have is important to limit that possibility. Government emphasis upon this in the media should be paramount (unlike the lip service that they gave to it this year until the last minute).

5. Jeppe

Jeppe Well-Known Member

I guess that the people getting better in collecting rain water any use less in general.

The government should also hopefully realize that the water situation for the city need to be done something with, with long term planning in mind.
    But as I have learned about Thai problem-solving, they don't react until it is more or less too late. Not as we are used to, better safe than sorry.
    We will see next year how it will be then.

Cent likes this.
  6. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

Excluding the British Government, of course.

Jeppe likes this.
  7. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

I wasn't sure where to post this as there appears to be some confusion within the site operators.

@nomad97 stated on a different thread: "We are using mains water again and our cost was 53 baht, kind of. To begin with, the bill was 153 baht."

Our bill for the "free" month was c. Bht 85.00 and my wife completed the on-line form for reimbursement. As we pay by direct debit I was doubtful that there would be any change but I see from my bank statement today that the amount has not been collected from my account (up to now).

I'll give it a few more days before I have a couple of beers to celebrate.

8. Coffee

Coffee Surin Legend

As one month has passed has anyone gotten an updated picture of the water level at Huai Sanaeng so we have a feel on the reality of the water situation going forward into the dry season ?

cc: @gotlost @nomad97 @Yorky @alanthebuilder

9. gotlost

gotlost Surin Legend

My understanding the mud hole is about 33%. If that's correct your are in deep shyt.:D

10. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member

I have been meaning to take a trip to the reservoir to see how things are. My gut feeling tells me it will not be good in 6 months time as its been far too quiet since the Prime Minister departed. However, Surin108online (FB) shows a reasonable water level in the mud hole this morning:

upload_2019-10-4_13-33-52.png

Coffee likes this.
  11. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member

If you can make sense of the translation here is the current status a few days ago:

upload_2019-10-4_13-37-5.png

I think they are saying that the reservoir is holding more than the official capacity.

12. Coffee

Coffee Surin Legend

The photo is quite heartening if it's recent and true.

I'll await your photos when you make the trip...or Yorky moves with his camera prior.

13. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member

The first photo was stamped ........................

upload_2019-10-4_15-18-39.png

today's date.

14. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

The amount of ฿ 85.00 was collected from my account but the bill for this month was ฿ 108.00 from which ฿ 85.00 has been deducted.

15. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member

With the erroneous meter reading last month I am not sure what we used for the past month. The bill, received yesterday was for 11,000 litres @ 158.36 baht, discounted to 0 (zero). Nothing to pay.

It's raining cats and dogs - just started chucking it down.

For @Coffee's benefit, I went to the reservoir this morning and observed that the reservoir was full to capacity. See photos below:

20191007_102652.jpg

20191007_102717.jpg

20191007_102712_001.jpg

Yorky, ColinW, Coffee and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Administrator

It’s also raining ‘Datsun Cogs’ here in SSK.

Can you still drive through Hauy Senning ‘palace’ area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member

I do not think so. There is a signposted detour about a kilometer before the main gates. I did wonder what the sign meant this morning but I guess the 'No Entry' sign referred to the palace area while the 'go right' sign was the detour.

Ivor the Engine likes this.
New | Recent