Will the USD fall...

Nice to see the Aussie dollar fighting back, with better than expected news re the economy. (Or maybe because Feret has stopped throwing money around and gone back to civilization).

I don't know how they achieved it but 4% growth the highest in the OECD. It has done no favors to drop the AUD which is what they wanted. To add to that the highest interest rate in the OECD 2%.
To get back on topic though the USD is languishing due to no government spending on infrastructure projects. This has all been moth balled due to the election. With only talk of hiking interest, this is curtailing spending and business confidence.

Seems when the DJIA upticks the USD lowers as money moves out of (currently) 1.85% 10-year US Treasuries and into stock portofolios...or so it has seemed.

As well when the DJIA drops the USD gains. Just my observation.

Exchange rate of USD notes today falls well below the THB 35 mark.

And it's pissing me off. How low will it go, or will it uptick soon? WTF is causing this? The economy in the states is doing very well.

Every time I start taking out large quantities of money it seems to f**king drop on me. Bastards!

And it's pissing me off. How low will it go, or will it uptick soon? WTF is causing this? The economy in the states is doing very well.

It can all be blamed on the election. It is the period of uncertainty. Nobody is spending, specially the government. Forex traders drove up the strength of the dollar 25% because of expected higher U.S. interest rates, now reality has set in. As it hurt U.S. exports, lowered commodity prices, and slowed growth. You can't have both, it is a fine balance.

♤ The stock market has advanced quite nicely over the past month as the USD has tumbled.
Wondering as to why that would be. Any thoughts on that, Rice ?

Goldman Sachs predicts the USD will advance 15% against the Euro and the Yen over the next two years. :blush:
I sure hope so if it doesn't hurt the financial markets.
(It's a tough call in an election year.)

In the past Goldman has made this USD advancing prediction and were incorrect. :flushed:

There are so many game-changing events in the near future that it would take a brave man to predict how exchange rates go.

Will Britain exit the EU?
Will Greece exit the EU?
Who will become POTUS? Who will he/she appoint to the top financial positions?

Not to mention the outcome of the war in Syria and Iraq, and the eventual placement of the immigrants/refugees, the accession or otherwise of Turkey and Ukraine to the EU, and Putin's future moves.

And of course the collapse of the USD in a fortnight's time.

I do believe the Emperor indeed has no clothes, but I also believe that it would be in no ones interest to actually ever point this out.
It will be interesting to see at least a form of self profiling prophecy on the 28th as markets jitter. Humans being what they are. No effect at all would be unusual.
I guess there will be those that will even speculate on it, as a small dip occurs. For absolutely no reason at all.

Believe it or not Coffee the consensus for survival of a crash is. Silver, so Hi Ho Silver away. Lone Ranger.

My Gawd ...have you been up all night
OR
up early on your bicycle looking for a taxi ?

Enjoy another fine day in Oz.
(Make sure you wear your helmet.)

USD on the rise the past week. Who knows why. Maybe the baht is falling? The pound is doing well too.

The USD is on the rise on a suggestion that a rate increase in June is firmly on the table. There will be a dramatic drop, if the speculation does not pay off.
The Fed signaled that it would likely lift rates twice this year. Investors though have been betting on just one hike. The main interest for us will be if the Thai Baht wants to follow the rise, and can they afford to do so. I don't think they can. They do this to stabilise fuel prices.

Back