Wise - UK to Thailand Money Transfers (formerly Transferwise)

This is desirable in certain situations. Then costs are secondary to speed. Please note; difference is minimal, but it is what Transferwise offers and what I choose. If Transferwise can't live up to it, then they shouldn't offer it, even if it costs a little more

Transfers were always in seconds, not hours. Transfers always had an expected delivery time, also according to their site. Not now and Wise just says they guarantee 2 days. Something isn't right. I'd rather pay a little more for a reliable service

This reliable and cost effective.

The transfers did not originally take *seconds,".

Many on here give instructions and receive funds around 2.30 pm

Perfectly acceptable.

It literally took seconds in the past. Or if you choose the slower option (easy transfer) there is an estimated payment time. That's not the case now, just that it takes longer. Something is wrong. This time I used the fast transfer option, so it should be in my account already

It literally took seconds in the past. Or if you choose the slower option (easy transfer) there is an estimated payment time. That's not the case now, just that it takes longer. Something is wrong. This time I used the fast transfer option, so it should be in my account already

My last (and first) transfer via "Wise" took 15 minutes. That was last week. I didn't specify any slow or fast option (I didn't notice that there were options). My next transfer will be around Christmas when the the exchange rate is 1:50. I shall report back then.

Not with NatWest International!

[Edit: And there's a major problem with your fingerprint system. How is my wife supposed to retrieve what's left in the NatWest International account after I'm dead?]
I have alternate systems set up on my PC, slower, but still operational.

This reliable and cost effective.

The transfers did not originally take *seconds,".

Many on here give instructions and receive funds around 2.30 pm

Perfectly acceptable.
Yes, I have deduced that the delays are down to the receiving bank in Thailand, not Wise. Bangkok Bank has surprised me with instantaneous transfers in a matter of seconds. Conversely, they have frequently been delayed until 15.45 before transfers have been credited to my account. Why 15.45 is a mystery to me.

I have alternate systems set up on my PC, slower, but still operational.

I have made 3 bank transfers in the last 6 years; the latest one via (Transfer)wise. Using my PC/laptop may be slower but in my case much easier than a handphone and does it really matter?

I have used Transferwise several times a month for the past 2/3 years, during which time I have not come across an option for slow /fast transfer. It is what it is and invariably arrives within seconds, unless there is a hol;iday in the UK or Thailand.. It does depend what Thai bank you send the money to. I use Kasikorn. Many who use Bangkok Bank have reported their money arrives circa 2pm. I have always received the exact amount stated, and it is good at weekends to be able to book a transfer on Saturday morning at a fixed rate, and be able to pay the transfer charge by 2.59pm on Monday afternoon (or cancel and start over should the rate rise on Monday morning.)

Yes, I have deduced that the delays are down to the receiving bank in Thailand, not Wise. Bangkok Bank has surprised me with instantaneous transfers in a matter of seconds. Conversely, they have frequently been delayed until 15.45 before transfers have been credited to my account. Why 15.45 is a mystery to me.

Just for information, my transfer was activated at around 13:30 on 2nd June 2021. The amount was credited to my Kasikorn account at 13:48 on the same day.

I'm sending money from my dutch ING account paid with an instant iDeal-teansfer to Wise. When I open my Bangkok Bank app, the money has come in already. But not today

I just read that there is a problem with a large internetplatform Fastly, that makes access to many sites difficult or slower. Maybe that effects Wise as well

Wise transfers are all 'domestic'.

Their agent receives the payment details and effects a local transfer to your nominated bank.

I have today researched "transferwise" and it appears that transfer of Thai Baht to a UK bank it is not currently available. Has anyone achieved this before?

So if I wish to conduct such a transaction, it will need to be through the Thai bank?
So far as I am aware that is the only way..........................UNLESS you can find someone here who will accept your baht and transfer their money from their UK bank to yours. Would save you money and the person assisting may receive a better rate for their £

So far as I am aware that is the only way..........................UNLESS you can find someone here who will accept your baht and transfer their money from their UK bank to yours. Would save you money and the person assisting may receive a better rate for their £
@Yorky, I am due to transfer £450 today and a further £850 on the 15th. That could be available to transfer to your bank. If that would help please please say so.

@Yorky, I am due to transfer £450 today and a further £850 on the 15th. That could be available to transfer to your bank. If that would help please please say so.

Thanks for the offer but I'm thinking of around £5k. I may not do it yet. It's just an option.

Back