Wise - UK to Thailand Money Transfers (formerly Transferwise)

A tad heavy on the Bell's Nomad ???
It's the UK's Brexit/Covid19 bounce effect. Mark my words. It may go up and it may go down. But my money is on the pound/baht exchange rate steady improving.

P.S. My new whisky of choice, and has been for sometime, is "Benmore Four Casks" - a little more substance and flavour than the Bells.

BLENDED SCOTCH WHISKY

Benmore has been a reasonably successful blend, the sales of which are now focused on the Philippines and Thailand. It was created by Benmore Distilleries Company, the one-time owner of four distilleries including Dallas Dhu, whose malts were used as the base of the Benmore blend.

In 2011 its present owner, Diageo, created a special Benmore Four Casks blend for Thai and Philippine whisky drinkers. It is aged in a combination of ex-Bourbon, Sherry, charred and refill casks, and filled into a smart embossed bottle featuring a stag. Its palate offers dried fruits, plenty of sweet vanilla and a faint whiff of smoke.

1621604687670.png

Be more became our 'house' whisky when I had Coffee Corner.

Jameson for the posh.. :)

(Bushmills mainly reserved for me...)

My current thinking is that it can only get better. If I'm wrong I'll be buggered of course but I don't need the cash just now.

Diminished baht

KBank forecasts the baht will weaken further against the US dollar by June because of dividend repatriation by foreign investors and the country's lower current account surplus.

Be more became our 'house' whisky when I had Coffee Corner.

Jameson for the posh.. :)

(Bushmills mainly reserved for me...)
I have never been one for "Whiskey" and only ever preferred "Whisky". Not that I am that churlish to turn down a free tasting session if offered. And of "Whisky" I do prefer a particular category or taste of which Bells, Benmore, and Black Label fit the mould very nicely. The latter, Black Label topping the list, both in taste and price. And should the little Irish fairy be right in her predictions of 50 ß/£ before the end of the year, then there will be a bottle or 2 of Black Label on the table at Christmas. :)

I have never been one for "Whiskey" and only ever preferred "Whisky". Not that I am that churlish to turn down a free tasting session if offered. And of "Whisky" I do prefer a particular category or taste of which Bells, Benmore, and Black Label fit the mould very nicely. The latter, Black Label topping the list, both in taste and price. And should the little Irish fairy be right in her predictions of 50 ß/£ before the end of the year, then there will be a bottle or 2 of Black Label on the table at Christmas. :)

For Scotch, only single malts ring my bell....... that sais, Bells is OK with soda for a refreshing drink. @ GBP/THB 50 I would certainly acquire more stock of The Singleton from Glen Ord distillery.

I've just set up an account with (Transfer)Wise. I appreciate that it's wise that they make it difficult but I made it even more difficult by trying to use the laptop. About 70 minutes overall but it's done now (I hope).

I've just set up an account with (Transfer)Wise. I appreciate that it's wise that they make it difficult but I made it even more difficult by trying to use the laptop. About 70 minutes overall but it's done now (I hope).

It may have taken 70 minutes to set up but within less than 15 minutes the cash had left my UK bank and, via (Transfer)Wise, arrived in my Thai bank account.

Back