Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

I have not heard anything about the situation in the schools. My daughters have not spoken. However, the schools are inside the town center proper and may be getting some water each day. It's those of us living outside of nuang Surin, on the outer reaches of the city, who have not had water for nearly a week. That said, the toilets in the schools are to be avoided at the best of times if you listen to my daughters.

I have not heard anything about the situation in the schools. My daughters have not spoken. However, the schools are inside the town center proper and may be getting some water each day. It's those of us living outside of nuang Surin, on the outer reaches of the city, who have not had water for nearly a week. That said, the toilets in the schools are to be avoided at the best of times if you listen to my daughters.

One pee a day at school should be enough for most kids

ข่าวดีฝนตกหนักระดับ2-3 ที่เหนืออ่างเก็บน้ำห้วยเสนง มาสักชั่วโมงหนึ่งแล้ว ถ้าตกแบบนี้ทั้งคืน เราน่าจะมีน้ำเติมอ่างและเติมความชื้นในดินได้พอสมควร

Good news, heavy rain, level 2-3, over the tub basin for an hour. If you fall like this all night, we should have water fill the tub and fill the humidity in the soil moderately.
·
Rate this translation

+2

The water shortage has stressed her up a lot. So if wet get clean water from the drill hole, she will calm down again.

She actually contacted these guys yesterday, and they were in place this morning. So they showed up on a short notice. I think they are normally operate in Sikhoraphum area.

I will keep you updated with depth and water quality when I know more.

Update:

The guys that drill the hole found water at 32 meter. The cost for the drilling was 4500 thb. On top of that 12000 for the pump and the install of it. It is an Mitsani AD-301 deep well pump. I don't know the price of that pump, and my internet are so slow I not bother to google it now. But the pump and installment seems to be a bit expensive. But what the heck, at least we have water now. The flow looks ok, and she says the water are clean and good. Filter will I take care of when I get home in the end of the month.

If this storm lasts all night it would be helpful. Albeit just a splash in the bucket.

Gov says 20M baht.

ข่าวดีอีกข่าว ผู้ว่าฯประกาศภัยแล้งในจังหวัดเราแล้ว พอมีงบประมาณ ติดมือให้ผอ.ศูนย์ฯ มาอำนวยการแก้ปัญหาภัยแล้งจำนวน 20 ล้านบาท ...

พอผู้ว่าฯประกาศภัยแล้งปั๊บ ฝนตกตอนรับปุ๊บเลยยยย นี่ตกยาวๆ หนักๆเบาๆปรอย ๆสลับกันมากว่าสองชั่วโมงแล้ว

แต่ที่น่าคิดตามคือประกาศเสร็จก็ต่อว่าคนทำงานทันที ทั้งชลประทานฯ ทั้งประปา คือเขาทำงานมาตั้งแต่วัน 20 ก.ค. 62. แกบอกว่ามีอะไรไม่ยอมรายงานผม ผมเป็น ผอ.ศูนย์ฯนะ!! ......

...See More
Good news again. The Governor has announced the drought in our province. It's enough to have a budget to give to the director. The Center has come to solve the problem of the drought. The number of 20 million baht...

When the governor announces the drought, it's raining. It's raining now. It's going to be a long time. It's been a long time since I've been in a lot of time. It's been a long time since

But the thought is, after the announcement, it is said that the person who works immediately, both irrigation and plumbing is that he has been working since the 20th. KH 62. You said that there is something that won't report me. I am a director. The Center!!

Oh, uncle. The man who is looking for him is calling for his uncle to serve the administration of the suffering of these people's suffering. Where have you been? When he doesn't see uncle, he works friendly. This is the problem. It will be almost 90 % but uncle comes to be happy

Update:

The guys that drill the hole found water at 32 meter. The cost for the drilling was 4500 thb. On top of that 12000 for the pump and the install of it. It is an Mitsani AD-301 deep well pump. I don't know the price of that pump, and my internet are so slow I not bother to google it now. But the pump and installment seems to be a bit expensive. But what the heck, at least we have water now. The flow looks ok, and she says the water are clean and good. Filter will I take care of when I get home in the end of the month.
Thanks @Jeppe, thanks for confirming the depth of the water table at 32 metres down. The shop in town was selling the Mizani deep well pump AD-301 for 6,800 baht. You will have had the 2" pipes to line the bore, 1" pipes for plumbing the water topside and the electrics on top, 5,000 baht for installing not too bad then. Can't find the DP-301 on the Internet though it is made in Korea.

Thanks @Jeppe, thanks for confirming the depth of the water table at 32 metres down. The shop in town was selling the Mizani deep well pump AD-301 for 6,800 baht. You will have had the 2" pipes to line the bore, 1" pipes for plumbing the water topside and the electrics on top, 5,000 baht for installing not too bad then. Can't find the DP-301 on the Internet though it is made in Korea.

I don't know where they bought it or how much they paid. But that doesn't matter now. As long as we now have stable water flow from the drill hole, I am happy. And they showed up the day after my GF contacted them. That is worth some money itself.
Lets just pray that we don't run out of ground water now :oops:

Could you confirm that that is 32 metres and not 32 feet?

If it's metres we are really in trouble.

@Yorky, Jeppe's bore is about 500 metres from the other bore I have spoken about. You will remember that I confirmed the depth of that bore as 30 metres. I have few doubts in my mind that the water table is about 30 to 32 metres down.

@Yorky, Jeppe's bore is about 500 metres from the other bore I have spoken about. You will remember that I confirmed the depth of that bore as 30 metres. I have few doubts in my mind that the water table is about 30 to 32 metres down.

The friends and neighbours of ours all use the standard 8 metre suction pumps. That's what has me confused.

The friends and neighbours of ours all use the standard 8 metre suction pumps. That's what has me confused.
And the standard suction pumps cannot draw water from more than 8 metres (physics say that). Maybe they have no water then. Or there is water at that level but it is not the good clean water you find further down.

Back