90-day report and extensions

I hear that the new "boss" in Surin Immigration is the lady ex "boss" of Kanchanaburi Immigration. There are conflicting reports about her.

Take a completed TM 47 with you, just in case.

I hear that the new "boss" in Surin Immigration is the lady ex "boss" of Kanchanaburi Immigration. There are conflicting reports about her.

Take a completed TM 47 with you, just in case.
Correct to take everything potentially relevant.

But I thought the new person would not be the actual top "boss" there, more the number 2.

I went yesterday to get a TM8 re-entry permit in readiness for whenever it seems practical to go back to UK and then return here again.
No problem in getting it, but it took 3 hours. (and it was market day, so crowds of people and nowhere to park)

Photocopies of 4 pages from passport, plus 2 pages from yellow house book required, as well as the TM8 form and photo. Also copy of TM6 departure card from last October's incoming journey. Wife's ID card also copied
Significant paperwork for other foreigners there too.
Were also Cambodians getting work permits, but they were being processed pretty quickly.
Big delays after the paperwork was passed into the office.

Second hand info was "a big boss is checking how they do things today".
I didn't personally see someone fitting the role of the lady mentioned above.

Last edited:
First time in 16 years I FCUKED UP. My report date was 24 of March. That will cost 2000 baht. ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;

And you live next door!

The maximum fine is ฿5,000.00 but I'm sure that you'll get away with ฿2,000.00 for a first offence.

Went to do my 90 day at Immi. My wife called two different Immi bosses we know. One said they were closed today (12th) and one said they were open. f**k it. We took the drive. Got there and it was closed. Actually open but closed due to no staff bothering to show up as Songkran starts tomorrow. WTF? Supposedly the 90 day report on line has been down almost 2 months, so that's not an option. Will return next Monday. TIT

Hopefully they do get rid of the 90 day reporting. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Went to do my 90 day at Immi. My wife called two different Immi bosses we know. One said they were closed today (12th) and one said they were open. f**k it. We took the drive. Got there and it was closed. Actually open but closed due to no staff bothering to show up as Songkran starts tomorrow. WTF? Supposedly the 90 day report on line has been down almost 2 months, so that's not an option. Will return next Monday. TIT

Hopefully they do get rid of the 90 day reporting. I'm not going to hold my breath.

What is/was your due date?

My wife called them yesterday and told closed. Open on the 19th then she will go and pay my 2000 baht fine. ;;money;; ;;haha;;

Still bewildered why they do not have an office in the Surin cop shop with a couple IMMI workers to do the 90 day reporting. Seems it would be a good idea, keep the Surinites down here rather than up there. IMMI in Kap Chong should be for those living in that surrounding area. What would it take? A computer, some f**king stamps and forms, and a small office with a couple workers.

I try to keep away from Mondays, Fridays and the day before and the day after public holidays.
Yeah, but for the Songkran bullshit I would have waited until this coming Wednesday when we are closed at the restaurant. (7 day grace period after due date.)

Still bewildered why they do not have an office in the Surin cop shop with a couple IMMI workers to do the 90 day reporting. Seems it would be a good idea, keep the Surinites down here rather than up there. IMMI in Kap Chong should be for those living in that surrounding area. What would it take? A computer, some f**king stamps and forms, and a small office with a couple workers.

If I remember correctly it used to be permissible for the regular police to issue your 90 day check in receipt but that was only in provinces where there wasn't a local immigration office. That's probably been kicked in the head now.

The way I see it we have two irons in the fire at the moment. A new office at the new government centre is coming eventually and the second, the abolishment of 90 day reporting. I think we have better chance with the first.
Why has the online reporting been down for three months?

The way I see it we have two irons in the fire at the moment. A new office at the new government centre is coming eventually and the second, the abolishment of 90 day reporting. I think we have better chance with the first.
Why has the online reporting been down for three months?
Something about certifications or some such they haven't kept up on and have yet to fix. Don't know/remember the tech speak they used. But fixable and for some reason they are not fixing.

If I remember correctly it used to be permissible for the regular police to issue your 90 day check in receipt but that was only in provinces where there wasn't a local immigration office. That's probably been kicked in the head now.
Well, Kap Choeng is hardly 'local' for the big city denizens of Surin. What? An hour up and an hour back. And that's without stopping at wife's favorite noodle shops and a relatives little restaurant on the way back. LOL

Back