APPLY FOR NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THE KINGDOM

Surin Immigration now appear to accept a 90 day report at the time of extension application (whether 90 days or less from the last report). Therefore if required to prove funds 90 days later it would be no trouble to submit your report at the same time. And if Ivor is correct, another 90 days to prove the ฿400,000.00; and thereafter another 90 days?

Should this happen nationwide there will be no reason for on-line reporting as you will be required to visit Immigration anyway!
Correct and a slight inconvenience/ or advantage for those getting a visa by other methods (without money in the bank).

Same as Chonburi.

2 months seasoning before APPLICATION, the 3 months after APPROVAL date of the extension of stay.

Surin Immigration wanted a bank statement from me which covered 3 months before APPLICATION (in addition to the provided original and copy of my bank passbook detailing transactions for the past 3 years).

Surin Immigration wanted a bank statement from me which covered 3 months before APPLICATION (in addition to the provided original and copy of my bank passbook detailing transactions for the past 3 years).
another example of, they make the rules up as they go along!

I just did the online login and received my password by email 30 seconds later. Logged in everything looked fine. I don't have to do a report to late in January.
Maybe I will be out of here before then. One can only hope.

I just did the online login and received my password by email 30 seconds later. Logged in everything looked fine. I don't have to do a report to late in January.
Maybe I will be out of here before then. One can only hope.
Maybe I better try again, as I still haven't received an email after 24 hours.

Surin Immigration now appear to accept a 90 day report at the time of extension application (whether 90 days or less from the last report). Therefore if required to prove funds 90 days later it would be no trouble to submit your report at the same time. And if Ivor is correct, another 90 days to prove the ฿400,000.00; and thereafter another 90 days?

Should this happen nationwide there will be no reason for on-line reporting as you will be required to visit Immigration anyway!

The whole point of online reporting is to avoid visits to Immigration offices.

Your theory would not work unless you left your extension application until close to the previous expiry date.

It also falls down as there is no requirement to evidence the lower amount of 400k after the first 90 days.

The whole point of online reporting is to avoid visits to Immigration offices.

Your theory would not work unless you left your extension application until close to the previous expiry date.

It also falls down as there is no requirement to evidence the lower amount of 400k after the first 90 days.
Your talking as if every Immigration office/officer obeys the rules in the same way. Unfortunetly, that is not the case.

Your talking as if every Immigration office/officer obeys the rules in the same way. Unfortunetly, that is not the case.

No, just telling you what the Immigration rule is.

I don't know anywhere that checks 400k on a quarterly basis. After the first 3 month check (not undertaken everywhere) Immigration officers then only check retrospectively at the next application for compliance with the terms of approval.

When I switched from income to money in the bank the IO still checked that I had 12 x monthly payments to satisfy the previous basis of approval.

No, just telling you what the Immigration rule is.

I don't know anywhere that checks 400k on a quarterly basis. After the first 3 month check (not undertaken everywhere) Immigration officers then only check retrospectively at the next application for compliance with the terms of approval.

When I switched from income to money in the bank the IO still checked that I had 12 x monthly payments to satisfy the previous basis of approval.
Sisaket Immigration Office, which is a part of Ubon Immigration Area.

As I don't have any "money in the bank" guarantees, all of this stuff tells me not to trust anything electronic, and that I will just present myself, with wife, at the Surin Immigration Office with a bagful of paperwork, and evidence, and completed forms, and some photographs, and some money, whether it be for my 1-year retirement extension or 90 days.
The 1-year one comes before 90 days so I assume that, like last time, the 90 days timing starts again from the extension date. Or maybe that was non-standard.
Or, much more likely, it will depend on the attitude of whoever is dealing with it.

As I don't have any "money in the bank" guarantees, all of this stuff tells me not to trust anything electronic, and that I will just present myself, with wife, at the Surin Immigration Office with a bagful of paperwork, and evidence, and completed forms, and some photographs, and some money, whether it be for my 1-year retirement extension or 90 days.
The 1-year one comes before 90 days so I assume that, like last time, the 90 days timing starts again from the extension date. Or maybe that was non-standard.
Or, much more likely, it will depend on the attitude of whoever is dealing with it.

The 90 days is independent of the extension application. Some offices MAY routinely do a 90 report for you (Buriram did 3 out 4 times for me) or you may have to ask - in theory you need to be with 15 days before/7 days after your reporting date.

That would be an error. The expiry date of your 365-extension to stay would take precedence over the later expiry date of the 90-date report. As @CO-CO said in the post above, some offices may do your 90-day report to tie in with your annual renewal, some may not. The only time in the past 17 years I have been fined 2,000 baht for late reporting of my 90-day report, was due to a misunderstanding on my part. I had renewed my 365-day extension to stay and I assumed that the 90-day report had been renewed too. It had not. It expired some 30 days after the annual renewal and I missed it. I was given no leniency either, 2,000 baht, please!

Yorky, does your post mean they wanted to see a Letter from your bank confirming the required amount of monies held and seasoned in your account for a minimum 90 days ?

If not I don't believe Immigration cares about anything further out unless you were utilising the monthly-deposit method.

Back