Applying For Visa Based On Marriage

Coffee

You chose a custom title
Just following the process from another 'Visa' thread initiated 8 November 2023. :)

As my current 'whatever' was set to expire 14 January my darling and I visited the Immigration office with MFA approval, Ampur 'Kor Ror Song' and [in theory almost] everything required for application.

Alas "you do not have 20 days on your current visa"...oh dear, gracious me...what can we do ? (Silly me laugh).

Boom - stamp!
20231228_160313.jpg

"Come back before end of January" with all documents and (non-sexy) photos taken together in front, in back and all over the residence...and await the official home inspection.

Curious, how much do you think the cost of applying for the initial visa based on marriage is ?

Last edited:
Just following the process from another 'Visa' thread initiated 8 November 2023. :)

As my current 'whatever' was set to expire 14 January my darling and I visited the Immigration office with MFA approval, Ampur 'Kor Ror Song' and [in theory almost] everything required for application.

Alas "you do not have 20 days on your current visa"...oh dear, gracious me...what can we do ? (Silly me laugh).

Boom - stamp!
View attachment 72504

"Come back before end of January" with all documents and (non-sexy) photos taken together in front, in back and all over the residence...and await the official home inspection.

Curious, how much do you think the cost for an annual visa based on marriage is ?
In order to qualify for a Thai Marriage visa, applicants must satisfy the following criteria: Applicants must be married to a Thai national. Must be able to meet either of the following financial requirements: Security deposit of THB 400,000 in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the application. Cost 1900 THB

In order to qualify for a Thai Marriage visa, applicants must satisfy the following criteria: Applicants must be married to a Thai national. Must be able to meet either of the following financial requirements: Security deposit of THB 400,000 in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the application. Cost 1900 THB
Or, provide evidence of a monthly income of B40,000 per month credited into a Thai bank from a tracable source, IE" Australian bank--OFX--Thai bank.

If you have done the extension of stay based on marriage a few times you should have the process well tuned of what exactly is required.
But you are always thrown that curve ball of change in requirement. This time around they did not want every page of the passport including the blank pages.
Just the data page and visa page. The young lady did not like that my photo collection did not show us in front of the front gate sign with the house behind. Its a bit hard as the house is about 50m from the gate.on a weird angle. But she wanted me to try and come back tomorrow with the additional photo.
All else when very smoothly. While I was there 3 farangs came in with their mia. They were all completely clueless to the procedure. Would you not think a modicum of research is required before you just lob in. So I got my 1 month stay while approval goes away (Do they still do the approval in Khon Kaen?)
The whole process was one and a half hours from when I got there at 10 am, Impossible to get there earlier as you have to get Kor Ror 2 and bank statements on the day.
there was only a few persons in there when I got there.

If you have done the extension of stay based on marriage a few times you should have the process well tuned of what exactly is required.
But you are always thrown that curve ball of change in requirement. This time around they did not want every page of the passport including the blank pages.
Just the data page and visa page. The young lady did not like that my photo collection did not show us in front of the front gate sign with the house behind. Its a bit hard as the house is about 50m from the gate.on a weird angle. But she wanted me to try and come back tomorrow with the additional photo.
All else when very smoothly. While I was there 3 farangs came in with their mia. They were all completely clueless to the procedure. Would you not think a modicum of research is required before you just lob in. So I got my 1 month stay while approval goes away (Do they still do the approval in Khon Kaen?)
The whole process was one and a half hours from when I got there at 10 am, Impossible to get there earlier as you have to get Kor Ror 2 and bank statements on the day.
there was only a few persons in there when I got there.

Does the Kor ror 2 take long to get? Do you go to the bank first and Amphur second?
This is a good question as I debated it my self. I chose bank first as it is the more complicated procedure getting what you want. There was a small crowd at the door opening. I was second in the door. The Amphur office was actually longer. Its depends on how many before you, but the Kor Ror 2 is a matter of print out and stamp.
PS
You must always do a transaction on the day you go to the bank. This shows your current balance for real in your bank book and on your statement.
This is an actual requirement. Many have been snagged on this one.

This is a good question as I debated it my self. I chose bank first as it is the more complicated procedure getting what you want. There was a small crowd at the door opening. I was second in the door. The Amphur office was actually longer. Its depends on how many before you, but the Kor Ror 2 is a matter of print out and stamp.
PS
You must always do a transaction on the day you go to the bank. This shows your current balance for real in your bank book and on your statement.
This is an actual requirement. Many have been snagged on this one.
So the idea would be to go to the ATM withdraw some money then put the book through the machine and then get them to do your statement after that.

Back