Applying For Visa Based On Marriage

The horror stories used to be coming out of the Chong Chum/Kap Chong Immi. Surin Immi, the new one in the city, seems to be doing a much better job of it.
People doing their jobs in an orderly manor without the need to be utter pricks about it. I have a theory about KCI work culture. It cannot occur like this unless it flows down from the top. It is a system of bastardization that ends up being taken out on the customers. Unless of course they just enjoy being C@nts.

People doing their jobs in an orderly manor without the need to be utter pricks about it. I have a theory about KCI work culture. It cannot occur like this unless it flows down from the top. It is a system of bastardization that ends up being taken out on the customers. Unless of course they just enjoy being C@nts.
Some just like having power over farangs where they can bust your balls without much, if any, blowback on them. They look at the income statements the farangs have, and then look at their own meager incomes in comparison, and the jealousy and resentment make some act like c*nts. Human nature of the less off that make them react in that way, some, not all.

I really think Medusa does her stuff because it's her vendictive nature-nothing more- nothing less.

Well, having been prepared to go toe to toe with Medusa, I was pleasantly surprised to see,
She is flying a back desk/ broom away from direct contact with customers with two very polite and helpful
young ladies looking after the customers-- in and out in 90 mins and asked to come back in a month for my extension stamp. :p :p :p

Well, having been prepared to go toe to toe with Medusa, I was pleasantly surprised to see,
She is flying a back desk/ broom away from direct contact with customers with two very polite and helpful
young ladies looking after the customers-- in and out in 90 mins and asked to come back in a month for my extension stamp. :p :p :p
That’s marvellous. Did they mention anything about a visit from Immigration Officers?

No mate, we had the dreaded home visit in the rental but, in our new place as this is my second extension, there is no mention but,
having said that, anything is possible.
I can only speak for Surin. But I only got the one visit in 2 years. But you see on my return I had to start again,

Amazing.
25 January 2024:
Application finished.
I was duly informed to phone back at the beginning of the third full week of February for a date and time to receive the official associated visa stamp in my passport...(if my application is approved).
"Just bring your passport with you."

Surely the appointment will be a date in advance of the initial full Wood Dragon moon coinciding with Buddhist Macha Bucha. :) :)

Amazing. I arrived solo with my passport to Surin Imm today since darling was dealing with an animal emergency situation.
(I did not bring chocolates or flowers.)

After handing over my passport I was queried, "Where is your wife?"
I responded, "She is taking care of seven soi dog puppies."

Five heads looked around at each other...silence and consternation. (Possibly the initial cerebral translation was that my darling might've given birth.)
I proposed, "Do you want to call her?"
"No. No. Not necessary" was the response from three heads.

IMM stamped my passport through to Sunday 5 May and told me to report back prior to that date.

The IMM office is open on May Day so that date was chosen as an auspicious date to visit again in order to [theoretically] receive my 1-year visa based on marriage effective that date.
"Make sure you have [maintain] THB400,000 balance in your account."

There was smiling and no extra charges.
A pleasant visit indeed. Amazing Thailand.

I'm now three months into the process of converting from a former visa based on retirement.

My book "Smiling With Somchai" should be released following a successful conclusion...'Following' being the operative word here. :) 55

As I have indicated before, it is not necessary for the wife always to be present. It is just a convenience to Immigration./amphur staff as they would rather speak Thai. Give them a valid reason why your wife could not attend and it is usually accepted.

Amazing.

Amazing. I arrived solo with my passport to Surin Imm today since darling was dealing with an animal emergency situation.

Five heads looked around at each other...silence and consternation. (Possibly the initial cerebral translation was that my darling might've given birth.)

IMM stamped my passport through to Sunday 5 May and told me to report back prior to that date.

The IMM office is open on May Day so that date was chosen as an auspicious date to visit again in order to [theoretically] receive my 1-year visa based on marriage effective that date.

I'm now three months into the process of converting from a former visa based on retirement.

My book "Smiling With Somchai" should be released following a successful conclusion...'Following' being the operative word here. :) 55

Doesn't it seen strange that you have only been extended to 5 May?

Seems odd to me.

Doesn't it seen strange that you have only been extended to 5 May?

Seems odd to me.
Yes, very weird. Not 30 days, not 60 days, not 90 days. Very confusing. :) Must be using Thai Time.

And yes, the Surin Immi in Surin is a pleasant experience if you are pleasant, clean, appropriately attired and have all your paperwork. Wife along is a plus too.

Amazing.

"My book "Smiling With Somchai" should be released following a successful conclusion"

Excellent title for the book. :cool:

Yes, very weird. Not 30 days, not 60 days, not 90 days. Very confusing. :) Must be using Thai Time.

And yes, the Surin Immi in Surin is a pleasant experience if you are pleasant, clean, appropriately attired and have all your paperwork. Wife along is a plus too.
A pleasant experience. I cannot speak more highly of the staff there. None of the petty meanness and insults at all to anyone was noted at my three visits.
I had to go back with better photos as the first batch was not up to spec. They were hastily done, I must admit and I apologised for that.
But I am all stamped up now and I also got an Exit permit. 1000 B.
PS I note my 90 day report period was reset from the time I got my full stamp. The last couple of times it was from the initial pending stamp.
Very nice of them indeed to do that.

A pleasant experience. I cannot speak more highly of the staff there. None of the petty meanness and insults at all to anyone was noted at my three visits.
I had to go back with better photos as the first batch was not up to spec. They were hastily done, I must admit and I apologised for that.
PS I note my 90 day report period was reset from the time I got my full stamp. The last couple of times it was from the initial pending stamp.

Excellent.

Just for the benefit of those reading ......for 1,000 Baht you got a single RE-ENTRY permit. For anyone undertaking multiple international trips you can get a multiple re-entry permit for 3,800 Baht.

That’s marvellous.

Excellent.

Just for the benefit of those reading ......for 1,000 Baht you got a single RE-ENTRY permit. For anyone undertaking multiple international trips you can get a multiple re-entry permit for 3,800 Baht.
555 RE-ENTRY. Did not sound right in my mind when I wrote it. Not much sleep. The Odysseys mission had to go around the moon one more time.
I live for these things. :)

Update 5 1/2 months into the process of moving off a Visa Extension Based on Retirement into a New Visa Based On Marriage (or quite possibly 'Having a wife')...and receiving this IMM stamp in my passport.
20240503_120403.jpg

At my designated visit to IMM with proof of 2-months seasoned THB400,000+ monies I was informed (1) my application will go to Khon Kaen (not Korat) for higher IMM approval, (2) IMM will call 'Wife' to visit residence next week AND (3) plan to return 5 June to IMM in order to obtain a backdated to 4 May Visa Stamp.

Now editing the sequel, 'Laughing With Somchai (Or Is He Laughing At Me)'.

Back