Applying For Visa Based On Marriage

Just goes to show what you can achieve if you behave properly!:joycat::joycat:
OI! I always behave. It is those nasty so and so's that don't. I had the best Immi experience ever at Surin city office. No nastiness or insults just professional behavior . Believe it or not they start it. Not me. If I am treated with respect they get the same back. But the same applies in reverse. Only because they have all the power does not mean I kowtow.

I had my inspection visit today. Again the Immi Police were very professional. But the procedure was such a palava. Hold your passport out take a picture. Stand over here and over there. Stand with this person and the next. Oh Boy. Oh I got the lecture in the end of being almost an over stayer. You know you can renew any time from 45 days before expiry. Poo Yai was grilled and documents exchanged as was my other two witnesses. Well its all done my file sent to Khon Kaen and get the full visa next month.

I had my inspection visit today. Again the Immi Police were very professional. But the procedure was such a palava. Hold your passport out take a picture. Stand over here and over there. Stand with this person and the next. Oh Boy. Oh I got the lecture in the end of being almost an over stayer. You know you can renew any time from 45 days before expiry. Poo Yai was grilled and documents exchanged as was my other two witnesses. Well its all done my file sent to Khon Kaen and get the full visa next month.

Job done, excellent..........and I know that you know that you are getting an extension of stay, based on marriage to a Thai, rather than a "visa".... :smirk:

I'm told this Thursday is an auspicious day for my application.
Oh well, we shall see. 'Sunrise doesn't last all day.'

Application finished.
I was duly informed to phone back at the beginning of the third full week of February for a date and time to receive the official associated visa stamp in my passport...(if my application is approved).
"Just bring your passport with you."

Surely the appointment will be a date in advance of the initial full Wood Dragon moon coinciding with Buddhist Macha Bucha. :) :)

Application finished.
I was duly informed to phone back at the beginning of the third full week of February for a date and time to receive the official associated visa stamp in my passport...(if my application is approved).
"Just bring your passport with you."

Surely the appointment will be a date in advance of the initial full Wood Dragon moon coinciding with Buddhist Macha Bucha. :) :)
I was not told to phone back. You just come back on the day that is stamped in your passport that says come back on this day. After a month its ample time for the file to go to Khon Kaen and back. Now for your house visit. You got your two witnesses lined up. They need copies of their tabian Baan and ID cards. Tell us about your photo shoot.

I was not told to phone back. You just come back on the day that is stamped in your passport that says come back on this day. After a month its ample time for the file to go to Khon Kaen and back. Now for your house visit. You got your two witnesses lined up. They need copies of their tabian Baan and ID cards. Tell us about your photo shoot.

Keep well in mind that this my first application for a visa based on marriage.
Previously I'd been on extensions based on retirement for the past dozen years.

As far as the photo shoot apparently my darling directed and had them taken correctly by the grandson's mom.

They did say that next year I need my personal (passport size) application photo to be updated.

All in all very cordial while taking a tad over an hour with practicing signing my name. :)

Keep well in mind that this my first application for a visa based on marriage.
Previously I'd been on extensions based on retirement for the past dozen years.

As far as the photo shoot apparently my darling directed and had them taken correctly by the grandson's mom.

They did say that next year I need my personal (passport size) application photo to be updated.

All in all very cordial while taking a tad over an hour with practicing signing my name. :)
Not that photo shoot but the one you will get when the Immi Police pay you a visit. They love plenty of photos.

Not that photo shoot but the one you will get when the Immi Police pay you a visit. They love plenty of photos.

There was no mention of an Immi visit photo shoot.

Do you think that visit comes before or after the visa based on marriage stamp is pressed into my passport ?

Back