Applying For Visa Based On Marriage

You are now 'under consideration' (the no man's land between Surin and Khon Kaen).

Your permission to stay has been extended to 5 June 2024 and it should be further extended to 5 May 2025 in due course ..... perhaps you would kindly confirm in due course.

No visas were involved in this process :smirk:

Update 5 1/2 months into the process of moving off a Visa Extension Based on Retirement into a New Visa Based On Marriage (or quite possibly 'Having a wife')...and receiving this IMM stamp in my passport.
View attachment 75170

At my designated visit to IMM with proof of 2-months seasoned THB400,000+ monies I was informed (1) my application will go to Khon Kaen (not Korat) for higher IMM approval, (2) IMM will call 'Wife' to visit residence next week AND (3) plan to return 5 June to IMM in order to obtain a backdated to 4 May Visa Stamp.

Now editing the sequel, 'Laughing With Somchai (Or Is He Laughing At Me)'.
Welcome to the club. Now don't forget you need two witness to attend your visit. One should be Pu Yai Ban or their second at least. They must have their ID cards on them. The witnesses are there to confirm they know you and know you have a true relationship to your wife.

In order to qualify for a Thai Marriage visa, applicants must satisfy the following criteria: Applicants must be married to a Thai national. Must be able to meet either of the following financial requirements: Security deposit of THB 400,000 in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the application. Cost 1900 THB
Or a Embassy Letter confirming your income.
Not obtainable from all Embassies.

Just following the process from another 'Visa' thread initiated 8 November 2023. :)

As my current 'whatever' was set to expire 14 January my darling and I visited the Immigration office with MFA approval, Ampur 'Kor Ror Song' and [in theory almost] everything required for application.

Alas "you do not have 20 days on your current visa"...oh dear, gracious me...what can we do ? (Silly me laugh).

Boom - stamp!
View attachment 72504

"Come back before end of January" with all documents and (non-sexy) photos taken together in front, in back and all over the residence...and await the official home inspection.

Curious, how much do you think the cost of applying for the initial visa based on marriage is ?
Just following the process from another 'Visa' thread initiated 8 November 2023.

I search for the thread you followed, no luck.
I've always found it very difficult on anything on the form when searching. Maybe it's me or how it set up ?

It would be nice to have a list of numbers of everything required to apply for marriage visa for the first time, photos, maps, marriage certificate house bool and ETC.
There was a pretty complete list on the form at one time, but ??? on locating the list.
I've been obtaining extensions of stay O visa "temporary" meeting the 800K requirements and considering the financial benefits of doing the marriage visa.
Some personal details would be nice to have of individuals obtaining their marriage visa either at SURIN or KC.

Two different locations. You need to go to each location and ask.
Well said @gotlost very true. Even then each office can change with the weather. Whether or not they want to mess with the farang on that day.

FFS like copy every page of your passport for shit and giggles.

My interaction with Surin IO was such a departure from the pain and torment of KC IO endured year after year. I am still in shock.
Why are they such A holes in KC. ????????

Well said @gotlost very true. Even then each office can change with the weather. Whether or not they want to mess with the farang on that day.

FFS like copy every page of your passport for shit and giggles.

My interaction with Surin IO was such a departure from the pain and torment of KC IO endured year after year. I am still in shock.
Why are they such A holes in KC. ????????

They probably have to deal with many A holes every day .

Being located close to the border increases those chances.

Farangs have a tendency to elevate their level of importance in dealings with Immigration. The fact is that Immigration deals with far more Asian foreigners than western foreigners - and Immigration are used to treating them like sh!t.

Back