electric bill

I call our electricity meter man 'Cyclops'. He comes around very early in the morning when it is still pitch black outside. He wears one of those battery-powered lights that fit around his head like a miner's lamp. Sends Bruno, the dog, ballistic every time he comes to read the meter.
The neighbours obviously know their meters been read then!

1941.19 THB - my lowest yet, beating last month's by 589 THB or 23%

Nice weather - 27C just now. No aircon used recently, and the use of fans has been minimal too. A bulb failed in the fridge a week or so ago, and when replacing it I found that the temperature control was set to the minimum (i.e. the lowest temperature possible - explaining why anything placed in the chiller trays was frozen solid overnight.) It is now set at 50%, but a steak from the freezer which was put in the fridge to thaw out was still solid 24 hours later! The control is now set to 25%... Every little helps!

1941.19 THB - my lowest yet, beating last month's by 589 THB or 23%

Nice weather - 27C just now. No aircon used recently, and the use of fans has been minimal too. A bulb failed in the fridge a week or so ago, and when replacing it I found that the temperature control was set to the minimum (i.e. the lowest temperature possible - explaining why anything placed in the chiller trays was frozen solid overnight.) It is now set at 50%, but a steak from the freezer which was put in the fridge to thaw out was still solid 24 hours later! The control is now set to 25%... Every little helps!
You can buy a digital thermometer suitable for use in the fridge/freezer from Lazada. I bought 2 of these and they work very well.

1613534633621.png

You can buy a digital thermometer suitable for use in the fridge/freezer from Lazada. I bought 2 of these and they work very well.

I have 3. One each for the fridge and freezer and one for my tuner amplifier. I have checked them all together and the readouts vary by 1 degree.

Yorky,
With the confidence of three thermometers giving accurate results, you could do a detailed temperature profile across your fridge.
e.g. 4 sets of 3 results = 12 positions, similar fridge loadings for each set of results.
I guarantee you would be surprised by the different figures that emerged.

Yorky,
With the confidence of three thermometers giving accurate results, you could do a detailed temperature profile across your fridge.
e.g. 4 sets of 3 results = 12 positions, similar fridge loadings for each set of results.
I guarantee you would be surprised by the different figures that emerged.

I wasn't implying that they were accurate; just that they only differed from each other by 1°C.

The fridge freezer that I now have is temperature controlled, i.e. the temperature that you wish to maintain is 'dialled in'. The freezer temperature is currently set at -20°C and the thermometer inside shows -19.8°C.

Back