Kap Choeng Immigration Suppression unit.

attachment.php

I shall wear my hat with pride on my next visit to KCI.

12003349_888679344512945_2484743606119935711_n.jpg

My Retirement Extension came up for renewal last month,and I trotted of to GL country (adopted Oops5) armed with documents and My Better Half. It's true to say that the walks to the copy shop opposite KCI may have helped my figure, but that apart, the visit was smooth. Thanks to our experts on SF, I was not surprised to be told to report back later this month having received only an "under consideration " stamp, and to expect a home visit from them before then.

A week or so ago, MBH received a phone call to say the visit would be done in an hour's time. Fortunately, we were both at home. The correct home. And a call was made to the Puyai Baan and his assistant who were happy to come along to meet the IOs (in lieu of finding two other neighbours who might vouch for me.)

On the hour, three officers arrived, together with several smartphones, a laptop, and a printer. There were plenty of questions answered by MBH, cups of coffee drunk, laughter and a quite relaxed atmosphere. Once photos had been taken of myself, MBH, Puyai Baan and assistant inside and outside the house, we chatted a while, during which the senior IO said he/they perform between 5 and 15 of these visits a day now, (not all at Farang homes, but at all other nationalities' too - except Thais, obviously.)

All the required info recorded by them was fired off down the line to Korat, and I was told that they'd see us later in the month. I ventured to say that I hoped it would provide the required extension, and was told that it was already sorted out, or the Thai equivalent. All in all, it was an hour or so spent on securing a further 12 months here in Thailand - the place I want to be, and not the place I simply tolerate. The IOs were friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be here, so I have no complaints.

Yes, it's something I wouldn't have to do if I'd chosen to live in France instead of Thailand, but I prefer Thailand, and am happy enough to comply with the rules here because of that.

When we do get a visit in December, I hope the Immigration Suppression Unit does not expect to find a present from Santa sitting under the Christmas tree.

You could have placed presents under the tree last Christmas, but since 21 July it would be a very serious offense (unless the present contained money or Johnny Walker Black or both). In any event, these presents would need to be kept as evidence.

Down in Pattaya, I think my Puyai Baan would be overwhelmed if he/she had to attend all these home visits. There are 142 units just in our condo block for a start, most of them occupied by long-term farangs who are on retirement visas. There are more than 50,000 foreigners living permanently in the Pattaya-Jomtien area so the IO's would be quite busy.

Will be adding 1 more, as we are moving to Jomtien/Pattaya area next week,

I don't know you very well Bear but when our paths crossed it was always a pleasure to say hello.

Good luck with your move and I hope you will be very happy in your new home.
I'm very envious of the choice of restaurants you will now have.

Good luck Bear - I don't think we ever met although I certainly wish you all the very best for the future. Bon voyage!

I don't know you very well Bear but when our paths crossed it was always a pleasure to say hello.

Good luck with your move and I hope you will be very happy in your new home.
I'm very envious of the choice of restaurants you will now have.

Thanks so much Colin. It was always enjoyable when we had a chance to say hello and share some conversation.
My wife and I have been waiting to do this till the timing was right. My daughter starts University this next term and her University will be relatively near. We enjoyed Surin and have made many friends, but this will give Mam & I a chance to enjoy some more good times as well as being close to many restaurants, transport, theaters and entertainment as well as enjoying the company of our many friends there.
Again, thanks for your kind thoughts.

Wishing you the best of luck in Pattaya

Bear, you'll never have to try to navigate any language printed on a menu or in general conversation other than English.

Take it easy and enjoy the bright lights with Mam.

Be sure to stay safe in the big city and post some pics of the beautiful beaches and environs for the rest of us hillbillies.

Cheers to the best ! Chokdee5

Bear, you'll never have to try to navigate any language printed on a menu or in general conversation other than English.

Take it easy and enjoy the bright lights with Mam.

Be sure to stay safe in the big city and post some pics of the beautiful beaches and environs for the rest of us hillbillies.

Cheers to the best ! Chokdee5

You got it, Coffee. Thanks so much.

Good luck in your new location, Bear. All good wishes to you and your family from my Mam and I.

Best of luck Bear and Mrs Bear. It was always a pleasure to meet up with y"all.
I hope this new chapter has some great times for you both.
Dave.

Last edited:
Chok dee Bear...... I look forward to sharing a beer in due course... Chokdee5

Back