KCI still going strong

Well, that makes economic sense.

But not to me.

I have seen two rumors one says Buriram and one that this threads is based on says Surin.shrug1. IF this was to happen it would make sense for a relocation to Surin and Buriram. BUT don't hold your breath. I do a 90 day report the end of the month and shall check rumor control and report back.
BTW The new Surin airport backed by Emirates is to be located in back of the Hanes Panty Hose Factory on the 214 about 16 km north of Prasat.

Last edited:
I agree GotLost, one of the reasons for the visits is to weed out those earning a living without a work permit.

I'm not convinced that this is the best way to do this. If they give you due warning you could arrange to be "sick" or take a holiday that day. Maybe interrogating your neighbours to discover whether you leave from and return to your home regularly at the same time every weekday. But this could be done anytime during your stay and I'm sure the authorities have the right to cancel your visa/extension (or bang you up) should you be found to be breaking the law.

I would guess also that they are looking for those that do not have genuine funds as specified in the extension criteria.

I'm not sure how this can be determined from a house visit. They have already inspected your bank passbooks and you have presented your certified letter from the bank as required. [Edit: or an Embassy letter with proof of income].

If you have obtained a dodgy extension from the senior official, I'm sure he wouldn't wish to send around investigators to check (assuming they are under his command).

It all smells to me. What of, I don't know. "Jobs for the boys" doesn't appear to ring true.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that this is the best way to do this. If they give you due warning you could arrange to be "sick" or take a holiday that day. Maybe interrogating your neighbours to discover whether you leave from and return to your home regularly at the same time every weekday. But this could be done anytime during your stay and I'm sure the authorities have the right to cancel your visa/extension (or bang you up) should you be found to be breaking the law.

I'm not sure how this can be determined from a house visit. They have already inspected your bank passbooks and you have presented your certified letter from the bank as required. [Edit: or an Embassy letter with proof of income].

If you have obtained a dodgy extension from the senior official, I'm sure he wouldn't wish to send around investigators to check (assuming they are under his command).

It all smells to me. What of, I don't know. "Jobs for the boys" doesn't appear to ring true.

There not. The investigators are under the Suppression Unit not the stamp pushers in the office that may be doing other things.

There not. The investigators are under the Suppression Unit not the stamp pushers in the office that may be doing other things.

But how are they able to determine your financial status by visiting your house?

[Edit: sorry, I was responding to Nomad]

[Edit again: isn't the Suppression Unit something to do with drugs?]

Last edited:
But how are they able to determine your financial status by visiting your house?

[Edit: sorry, I was responding to Nomad]

[Edit again: isn't the Suppression Unit something to do with drugs?]

Thats just one and only one of their duties. They are tasked with interviewing for marriage and retirement extension along with investigating questionable circumstance and individuals. They due the round up and drive the immigration paddy wagons.

Thats just one and only one of their duties. They are tasked with interviewing for marriage and retirement extension along with investigating questionable circumstance and individuals. They due the round up and drive the immigration paddy wagons.

Maybe they should be tasked with investigating bomb attacks in Bangkok rather than farting around with questionable farangs in Surin?

Maybe they should be tasked with investigating bomb attacks in Bangkok rather than farting around with questionable farangs in Surin?

Was told by the investigators they were after Eastern Europeans and muslims. this is not an off the wall rumor comment.

Was told by the investigators they were after Eastern Europeans and muslims. this is not an off the wall rumor comment.

There are many eastern Europeans and Muslims with British and/or American passports (and many others), although their name may give the game away. But not to a Thai Immigration Officer who is still worried whether they may be participating in illegal tissue hand jobs!

I would like to see them interrogate my neighbours.... they are pissed most of the time...

There are many eastern Europeans and Muslims with British and/or American passports (and many others), although their name may give the game away. But not to a Thai Immigration Officer who is still worried whether they may be participating in illegal tissue hand jobs!

Still care to take the piss.

Security tightened in upper Northeast
18 Aug 2015 at 10:26 0 viewed0 comments
WRITER: JAKKRAPAN NATHANRI
RELATED STORIES

New tactic to fight insurgency
Boeing pins hopes on Malaysia order
Don Meuang check-in nightmare ends
The Region 4 Provincial Police Bureau has stepped up security in 12 provinces of the upper Northeast Region following the explosion at the Ratchaprasong intersection in the heart of Bangkok on Monday night that killed 20 people and injured 125 others.

Pol Maj Gen Charoenwit Sriwanich, deputy commissioner of the Region 4 provincial police, said more than 30 checkpoints had been set up in the 12 provinces to conduct security checks on trucks, cars and motorcycles for possible movements of people and materials for acts of sabotage.

Emphasis was given to crowded areas, consulates and offices of foreign missions in the region, bus terminals, airports and important government installations, he said.

Police on security duty are being joined by soldiers and administrative officials, with instruction to man the checkpoints on rotation around the clock.

Pol Maj Gen Jitjaroon Sriwanich, the Khon Kaen police superintendent, said there were four main checkpoints in the Khon Kaen Municipality - the city gate on Srichan road, the third bus terminal, the railway station and the office of the Region 4 Appeals Court.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security/659880/security-tightened-in-upper-northeast

AND ADD THIS ONE.
Arab-like man seen leaving bag at Erawan shrine before explosion

The Nation August 18, 2015 9:04 am
A police source said police are now hunting for a suspect with an Arab look who was seen leaving a bag at the Erawan shrine shortly before the blast occurred.

The man was seen on a security camera sitting on a bench in the compound of the shrine after leaving his bag behind the bench.

After a while, he was seen standing and making a dial from his phone and walking fast from the area.

Police spokesman Pol Lt-Gen Prawut Thavornsiri confirmed Tuesday morning that so far 20 people were dead and 125 injured in the blast happened at 6:55 pm Monday.

Pol Maj Gen Jitjaroon Sriwanich, the Khon Kaen police superintendent, said there were four main checkpoints in the Khon Kaen Municipality - the city gate on Srichan road, the third bus terminal, the railway station and the office of the Region 4 Appeals Court.

One would assume that that is a smoke screen.

Back