KCI still going strong

I extended my visa for the 13th time in June this year. My wife completed a form in Thai which confirmed the amount of money I had in the bank and I had to sign this also (superfluous in my opinion, they already had the bank letter dated the previous day and copies of my passbooks). The second form was in Thai and English and required me to sign to state that I was aware of the immigration laws and that if I was in breach of said laws, I could be deported. I can't imagine that if they were not in possession of this agreement, I couldn't be deported for breaking the law(s).

Other than that (which was the same as at least the last two applications) it was similar to the other 12 times and the extension was forthcoming within 20 minutes. I may have mentioned this previously that the officer explained that he had to triple check everything before he presented it to the new boss as he would be in for an almighty bollocking if anything was wrong.

Last edited:
HEY!! I resemble that remark!! p4rty

I sincerely hope you were not the retard that my friend spoke about today. After sitting through the lunch break he was called up to be the first to the desk. A retard sitting behind disagreed and thought he should have been first. As a sign of his displeasure he started kicking the chairs in front of him. As my mate said, "The place is full of retards and he wouldn't want their job for all the tea in China." He was of course referring to the Immigration Officers - he wouldn't want their job.

I have to agree, on the many occasions I have been down there (KCI), I have seen all to many retards being processed. I would not wish to be an Immigration Officer either. Under the sometimes very trying circumstances I think they do remarkably well.

I sincerely hope you were not the retard that my friend spoke about today. After sitting through the lunch break he was called up to be the first to the desk. A retard sitting behind disagreed and thought he should have been first. As a sign of his displeasure he started kicking the chairs in front of him. As my mate said, "The place is full of retards and he wouldn't want their job for all the tea in China." He was of course referring to the Immigration Officers - he wouldn't want their job.

I have to agree, on the many occasions I have been down there (KCI), I have seen all to many retards being processed. I would not wish to be an Immigration Officer either. Under the sometimes very trying circumstances I think they do remarkably well.

There is some serious **** about.p4rty

Got Lost, I need you to get off your arse and sort out some of those retards on Thai Visa regarding this!

This is what I just posted:-

OK, I will do this one more time for the avoidance of doubt.

Kap Choeng (KCI) are now putting (**all) retirement extensions "under consideration".

This has happened to a number of people and I have spoken to two who I know personally.

In the case of friend "a" he went to do his 13th retirement extension. He was advised that the application was "under consideration" for 30 days pending a visit to his home to confirm his bona fides. The meeting took place some 10 days later when 3 immigration officials visited his home. This was by arrangement and he was told to have the Poo Yai Ban + one other notable local present - both had to sign to say that they knew "a". He was asked a number of questions about his life in Thailand and they left happy.

They did say that they had been told they had to check on all Farangs in their area and suggested that the initiative resulted from international criticism of Thailand on human rights and trafficking.

My friend also said that he was aware of someone had moved 'up north' and they also went through the same rigmarole.

(**all).... I can't speak for "all", this was the wording my friend used.

They did say that they had been told they had to check on all Farangs in their area and suggested that the initiative resulted from international criticism of Thailand on human rights and trafficking.

I accept that what you are relating is fact but seriously, that is bollocks!

Got Lost, I need you to get off your arse and sort out some of those retards on Thai Visa regarding this!

This is what I just posted:-

OK, I will do this one more time for the avoidance of doubt.

Kap Choeng (KCI) are now putting (**all) retirement extensions "under consideration".

This has happened to a number of people and I have spoken to two who I know personally.

In the case of friend "a" he went to do his 13th retirement extension. He was advised that the application was "under consideration" for 30 days pending a visit to his home to confirm his bona fides. The meeting took place some 10 days later when 3 immigration officials visited his home. This was by arrangement and he was told to have the Poo Yai Ban + one other notable local present - both had to sign to say that they knew "a". He was asked a number of questions about his life in Thailand and they left happy.

My friend also said that he was aware of someone had moved 'up north' and they also went through the same rigmarole.

(**all).... I can't speak for "all", this was the wording my friend used.

f**k lostoday or should I say Allen Crisp. He was Todd Daniels on BE and at the moment Jackie-Boy. You sort the ASS HOLE OUT. **** like that is exactly who the system wants out.

Last edited:
Please take mine, and DO NOT bring back !!!!

Steve, it is not bad planning based on previous extensions. Personally, I would always renew at the earliest opportunity but he has done nothing wrong.

He has a house in his home country and a house in Thailand and splits his time between the two - as does his wife and child (not always at the same time but there is no problem with that).

His wife should not come into play for a retirement extension - any advice of him residing at the property would have been done years ago. He has a yellow book and can also evidence his address by other means.

I know several retirees who are not married and pretty much live alone. Who's wife should they take!

f**k lostoday or should I say Allen Crisp. He was Todd Daniels on BE and at the moment Jackie-Boy. You sort the ASS HOLE OUT. **** like that is exactly who the system wants out.

You are way off GL. Alan Crisp was neither of those posters.

I believe he he stays here on a valid (non-hookey) visa and is welcomed on BE by Almog.

You are way off GL. Alan Crisp was neither of those posters.

I believe he he stays here on a valid (non-hookey) visa and is welcomed on BE by Almog.

Never said he had a dogy visa.. Now go back and read my post just before this one,

Hey guys, whichever way you look at it one thing seems to be emerging - the system for granting retard extensions has certainly changed, at least at KCI. After talking to my friend who went today, he confirmed that there are additional forms to be completed, they are handed out on arrival at the entrance to KCI, your wife has to fill in many of the forms that are written in Thai only. They also require your bank statements for the past year or copies of your up to date bank book(s) and a map of where you live. Add to that two recent 6x4 cm photos of your self and copies of the relevant pages of your passport, plus the normal forms that you fill in for an extension and you now have quite a thick folder. You now require 1 original + 1 copy of everything you submit.

This is gone through very thoroughly by an officer at the front desk (to the left of the entrance door) and sorted into the correct order before you are allowed to go through to the visa office on the right. Then you sit and wait to be called to one of three desk officers only to have everything gone through again and again. If you are lucky and get a tick in all the right boxes you will be given a '30-day under consideration stamp' and then you will have to return in 30 days time to get your extension. My friend could not confirm whether or not he would be receiving a house visit from the Immigration Flying Squad within the next 30 days (although I suspect that is something his wife has yet to tell him). He did not enjoy the 3 and 1/2 hours spent at KCI today to process his '30-day under consideration' stamp.

One last thought on this subject. If your wife does not declare to KCI that you are staying in her house, your primary marital residence and abode (most likely paid for by you), and you are visited by the Flying Squad, then she will in all probability be fined 2,000 Baht for non-declaration of having you, an alien, staying with her.

I accept that what you are relating is fact but seriously, that is bollocks!

It's called human trafficking by these mental midgets...other's most likely would refer to it as xenophobia.

It will be interesting to discover what are the requirements for single Farangs living in hotels or apartments.

But I'm sure Immigration have this in hand.

Hey guys, whichever way you look at it one thing seems to be emerging - the system for granting retard extensions has certainly changed, at least at KCI. After talking to my friend who went today, he confirmed that there are additional forms to be completed, they are handed out on arrival at the entrance to KCI, your wife has to fill in many of the forms that are written in Thai only. They also require your bank statements for the past year or copies of your up to date bank book(s) and a map of where you live. Add to that two recent 6x4 cm photos of your self and copies of the relevant pages of your passport, plus the normal forms that you fill in for an extension and you now have quite a thick folder. You now require 1 original + 1 copy of everything you submit.

This is gone through very thoroughly by an officer at the front desk (to the left of the entrance door) and sorted into the correct order before you are allowed to go through to the visa office on the right. Then you sit and wait to be called to one of three desk officers only to have everything gone through again and again. If you are lucky and get a tick in all the right boxes you will be given a '30-day under consideration stamp' and then you will have to return in 30 days time to get your extension. My friend could not confirm whether or not he would be receiving a house visit from the Immigration Flying Squad within the next 30 days (although I suspect that is something his wife has yet to tell him). He did not enjoy the 3 and 1/2 hours spent at KCI today to process his '30-day under consideration' stamp.

One last thought on this subject. If your wife does not declare to KCI that you are staying in her house, your primary marital residence and abode (most likely paid for by you), and you are visited by the Flying Squad, then she will in all probability be fined 2,000 Baht for non-declaration of having you, an alien, staying with her.

I would like to think that having gone through this farce exercise once, you would not have to suffer it in subsequent years.

I would like to think that having gone through this farce exercise once, you would not have to suffer it in subsequent years.

I had one house visit 4 years back for my first marriage extension and none since yet each year I'm still given a 30 day under consideration. I would like to to thank that this will be the same for retards.shrug1

Back