KCI still going strong

Try this one for size.....

Farang, been coming here for years, stays under a retirement extension.

Retirement extension expires on 27th August and he returns to his home country on 29th August (for 3 months).

Not a problem...... normally. BUT, if they want to put him "under consideration" he is likely buggered.

My advice is bowl over to KCI and put your situation to them. I would be interested to see if others have better advice.

NB: Can't take his wife with him as she, and their child, are in his home country!

Try this one for size.....

Farang, been coming here for years, stays under a retirement extension.

Retirement extension expires on 27th August and he returns to his home country on 29th August (for 3 months).

Not a problem...... normally. BUT, if they want to put him "under consideration" he is likely buggered.

My advice is bowl over to KCI and put your situation to them. I would be interested to see if others have better advice.

NB: Can't take his wife with him as she, and their child, are in his home country!

I do apologise Co-Co but I really don't understand that (It's almost 8 hours different in my time zone). I shall read it again tomorrow.

I do apologise Co-Co but I really don't understand that (It's almost 8 hours different in my time zone). I shall read it again tomorrow.

I understand what CC is saying. What I have been seeing it's a crap shoot. Some get the under review and some don't. In the example CC gives good chance the person would not be giving the under review. But go ask at KCI.

Is there a common situation for people who have NOT been granted a straightforward retirement ext?
I wonder, for instance, if they live near each other and one "bad apple" local is causing IO to have squeaky bums about everyone from there???????

Or is it some sort of random review?

Sorry CO-CO but as far as the individual is concerned this is bad planning. Why is he in Thailand while his wife and child is in England? I would think that is a thought that will go through the heads of Immigration. Secondly, as posted earlier, his wife should go with him to fulfil her part and sign the form that says he is resident in her house. If they are renting he should take the landlord with him. Only advice I can give is to give it a try by himself, bluff it, wait and see. If they give him the extension all well and good. If not, be prepared to start again.

Is there a common situation for people who have NOT been granted a straightforward retirement ext?
I wonder, for instance, if they live near each other and one "bad apple" local is causing IO to have squeaky bums about everyone from there???????

Or is it some sort of random review?

My wife was told about the intention to conduct home visits for all Farangs/Aliens by the officers of the Crime Suppression Unit at KCI after we completed the 90-day report some 75 days ago. The Crime Suppression Unit is on the left-hand end of the building housing the Visa Office. They did not say why they were going to do this only that they would be doing it. I think SWMBO got the impression that there may be many Farangs/Aliens in the area who are not reporting their true circumstances and the home visits were necessary to verify/confirm each individual's background.

My wife was told about the intention to conduct home visits for all Farangs/Aliens by the officers of the Crime Suppression Unit at KCI after we completed the 90-day report some 75 days ago. The Crime Suppression Unit is on the left-hand end of the building housing the Visa Office. They did not say why they were going to do this only that they would be doing it. I think SWMBO got the impression that there may be many Farangs/Aliens in the area who are not reporting their true circumstances and the home visits were necessary to verify/confirm each individual's background.

You all can put this in your pipe and smoke it.

It can be a crap shoot. I personally thank if your living in a rural area you have a bigger chance to be investigated. Just to add extra fuel back in June when this started individuals that I personally know were told during their interview that immigration was looking for those that were working and for people from eastern Europe and the middle east. Ties into the bombing in Bangkok. This 30 day is not a local discussion they have said it came from higher up.

I'm back in your time zone now. My misunderstanding arose from the dates. What I failed to grasp was that he'd applied for his extension already and then left the country.

Not that I know the answer though.

Sorry CO-CO but as far as the individual is concerned this is bad planning. Why is he in Thailand while his wife and child is in England? I would think that is a thought that will go through the heads of Immigration. Secondly, as posted earlier, his wife should go with him to fulfil her part and sign the form that says he is resident in her house. If they are renting he should take the landlord with him. Only advice I can give is to give it a try by himself, bluff it, wait and see. If they give him the extension all well and good. If not, be prepared to start again.

Steve, it is not bad planning based on previous extensions. Personally, I would always renew at the earliest opportunity but he has done nothing wrong.

He has a house in his home country and a house in Thailand and splits his time between the two - as does his wife and child (not always at the same time but there is no problem with that).

His wife should not come into play for a retirement extension - any advice of him residing at the property would have been done years ago. He has a yellow book and can also evidence his address by other means.

I know several retirees who are not married and pretty much live alone. Who's wife should they take!

I'm back in your time zone now. My misunderstanding arose from the dates. What I failed to grasp was that he'd applied for his extension already and then left the country.

Not that I know the answer though.

I think you have slipped out again Yorky :smile:

He hasn't applied for the extension yet and was not aware of KCI's departure from existing Police Orders in putting retirees 'under consideration'.

OK, understood.

If he had been aware then he could have applied a month ago (I understand that it is now permissible to apply 45 days prior to the expiry of your extension).

OK, understood.

If he had been aware then he could have applied a month ago (I understand that it is now permissible to apply 45 days prior to the expiry of your extension).

Yes he could of but under what CC is referring to this may not of done any good as KCI is tacking the 30 days under consideration on to the end of your existing retirement extension and not coming out for the interview until that time. The reason being their work load.

Yes he could of but under what CC is referring to this may not of done any good as KCI is tacking the 30 days under consideration on to the end of your existing retirement extension and not coming out for the interview until that time. The reason being their work load.

I hadn't realised that GL.

Also, am I right in saying that KCI apply 30 days rather than 45 ?

Steve, it is not bad planning based on previous extensions. Personally, I would always renew at the earliest opportunity but he has done nothing wrong.

He has a house in his home country and a house in Thailand and splits his time between the two - as does his wife and child (not always at the same time but there is no problem with that).

His wife should not come into play for a retirement extension - any advice of him residing at the property would have been done years ago. He has a yellow book and can also evidence his address by other means. I know several retirees who are not married and pretty much live alone. Who's wife should they take!

His wife is, presumably, his landlord too. My wife always comes with me when I do my retirement extension. She signs a form to say that I live with her at the home address. She has done that for many years and always puts a friendly smile around the office. I guess its one of the reasons, though not necessarily all, that we are always in and out very quickly. It also helps to have the correct paperwork prepared and copied, a new passport photo (4x6 cm), the income letter from the embassy and a bank statement covering the past 12 months.

As to your friend, up to him as the Thais would say. Strictly speaking he does not need his wife with him and if he has the necessary paperwork prepared and ready then give it a try. He may be lucky, he maybe not.

As to your other question concerning those living alone, "Whose wife should they take?" The answer is simple, take their landlord's wife who will verify that he is staying in her house and sign accordingly.

Maybe your dear wife (presumably SWMBO) goes along with you to ensure that gotlost does not lead you astray in those local Kap Choeng karaokes.

CO-CO: An update hot off the press.

I have a friend at KCI who arrived at 10.00 this morning and is still waiting to hear if his paperwork has been accepted to extend his retirement visa for a further year. He says that the system has completely changed from previous years. There are new forms to fill in, more photocopies and his wife is signing everything too. He also confirmed that they are only giving a 30 day under consideration stamp and that he would have to return in 1 months time to get his extension. He also had to provide bank books and map of where he now lives. He has been renewing his retirement visa for the past 7 or 8 years so he is not new to the system. He did ask me when I was due to extend my visa. When I said the end of this year he said, "You maybe lucky but I doubt it. They are going through everything very thoroughly and then some more."

I asked him what chances a man without his wife would have to extend his retirement visa, i.e. the circumstances you wrote about earlier. He said, "Buckleys!" In other words, no chance under the new system. Besides which, he would be out of the country if he did get the 30 day under consideration stamp.

This is the nine form pack they give to you at KCI. I understand it came in sometime in the New Year. There is three forms in Thai just for your Mrs to fill in.

Just for the record, I asked at Immi 1 what about all those other forms for an extension they gave me at KCI.
They said. "What other forms ??" When I got to the interview though they did give my Mrs one extra form in Thai to fill out.

This is the nine form pack they give to you at KCI. I understand it came in sometime in the New Year. There is three forms in Thai just for your Mrs to fill in.

Just for the record, I asked at Immi 1 what about all those other forms for an extension they gave me at KCI.
They said. "What other forms ??" When I got to the interview though they did give my Mrs one extra form in Thai to fill out.

That nine forum pac is what they use for a marriage extension. That pac has been in use for 4 years. There are forums that are in Thai only for the wife to fill out. Most of these forums are used nation wide for the marriage extension and are not on the net. It looks like KCI is using this marriage pac for the retards now. BTW I have extra copies and have always received a pac when I asked to take home. I always recommend on the marriage extension to make a trip to KCI and pu this pac so you and your wife can set at home and fill it out before your visit. Looks like this will be the advice for you retards now.Oops5

Last edited:
Back