PPF Pension Payments

Worth noting that with all these foreign remittances, whether they arrive in Kasikorn around 11am or Bangkok Bank at 2pm, the calculation to Thai baht will be effected at the TT rate at that time. You can win or lose, depending on the volatility on the day of receipt.

Worth noting that with all these foreign remittances, whether they arrive in Kasikorn around 11am or Bangkok Bank at 2pm, the calculation to Thai baht will be effected at the TT rate at that time. You can win or lose, depending on the volatility on the day of receipt.

Not if you use Transferwise.

Unfortunately those that pay pensions to Thailand do so using their own preferred banks.

Some people pay via Transferwise.

Nothing wrong in having the payment sent to a Borderless account.

I would suggest that that would shorten Yorky's transfer time.

Yorkie re your posting at 7.25- My NatWest Branch T/Fr my pyts on the 21st mnthly & the money is in my A/C at Bangkok Bnk,Surin when I check later that day 5.30pm time. If the Thai Banks are closed on the 21st,money arrives the
next business day.

Yorkie re your posting at 7.25- My NatWest Branch T/Fr my pyts on the 21st mnthly & the money is in my A/C at Bangkok Bnk,Surin when I check later that day 5.30pm time. If the Thai Banks are closed on the 21st,money arrives the
next business day.

That is my contention Alan. Banks in the UK transfer on the day or at worst on the following day. Not 6 days later as Citibank do.

That is my contention Alan. Banks in the UK transfer on the day or at worst on the following day. Not 6 days later as Citibank do.

Citibank are not a UK bank, are they ?

(That was a question).

next business day.

Alan, can I ask what Nat West charge - and how do you instruct the transfers..........

Alan, can I ask what Nat West charge - and how do you instruct the transfers..........

I do not wish to usurp Alan, but in my experience NatWest charge Sterling 15.00 and I instruct the transfers online with ibanking. Very simple after negotiating the difficult loggin in process (which is a good thing).

That depends on the rate of exchange, as TransferWise pays a better rate than most, if not all, banks.

They probably do pay a better rate than Kasikorn but for the miniscule amount of my monthly pension, is it worth it?

The PPF do not charge for transfer (as far as I am aware).

They probably do pay a better rate than Kasikorn but for the miniscule amount of my monthly pension, is it worth it?

Depends how long you live for....................it's got to be a worth a few Archa a month.

My teerak’s pension is maturing nicely ... well, nobody’s getting any younger

It appears that the PPF are using Citybank and allowing them to convert to Baht prior to transfer. The rate appeared to be 37.50.

Back