UK PENSION SERVICE LIFE CERTIFICATES

[Edit: I shall delay any comments regarding the "Target" website until I hear from them]

Response just now:

Dear Mr ******* (name spelt incorrectly - good start)

Thank you for your email. Your account has now been unlocked for you.

Kind regards

Martine Skull

Target Professional Info (My highlight).

Is it just me who thinks that the UK Government departments are riddled with incompetence?

My surname consists of six letters.

SIX.

When replying to my email address which also consists of the same six letters (only) how is it possibly to get one letter wrong?

Response just now:

Kind regards

Martine Skull

I'm bored and tired now (and half pissed).

I'll respond in the morning.

Response just now:

Kind regards

Martine Skull

I today attempted to log in to my account and this was returned:

"Account not found. If you have not already registered for the Portal please do so now".

Question: If asked to enter your date of birth in the format dd/mm/yyyy would you enter "15061950" or "15/06/1950"?

(given that your date of birth is 15th June 1950)

And could anyone suggest what to type into this space?

member log in.jpg

I've already entered my username and password.

Last edited:
All I can say is that all this is so familiar and so typical of trying to do anything similar in the UK at this time.
You guys are not alone.

BUT - the reverse - of trying to deal with Thailand while you are still in the UK is so much worse still.
I might as well be a Bolton Wanderers supporter.

I have to enter my wifes dob on the Kasikorn bank statement advice sent weekly to open it. Their instructions are ..enter in the format ddmmyyyy It works. With the request to show dd/mm/yyyy I would do just that.

"Dear Mr Yorky,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that your documents have been accepted for identification purposes.
Your record has now been successfully updated.

Regards
Elle Matthews.

Target Professional Services (UK) Ltd
On behalf of Greater Manchester Pension Fund"

That's one of them sorted then.

According to ThaiPost, the hard copy of my "I'm still alive" document for DWP departed Suvarnabhumi Mail Centre on 19th September, presumably by air.

I have to enter my wifes dob on the Kasikorn bank statement advice sent weekly to open it. Their instructions are ..enter in the format ddmmyyyy It works. With the request to show dd/mm/yyyy I would do just that.

Just for information (because I'm aware that you are unlikely to know this), when submitting a 90 day report on-line, the forward slashes are automatically inserted for you when you type in the date.

I cannot imagine why I would need a UK debit card here in Thailand.

A question perhaps of correct terminology, or which CO-CO you are the expert. but surely the 2 "debit cards" I have, one from Barclays and one from Nationwide, which are sent to my UK address are required for online banking, either when logging in, in the case of Nationwide, or to authorise payments and set up new payees as with both banks.

A question perhaps of correct terminology, or which CO-CO you are the expert. but surely the 2 "debit cards" I have, one from Barclays and one from Nationwide, which are sent to my UK address are required for online banking, either when logging in, in the case of Nationwide, or to authorise payments and set up new payees as with both banks.

I haven't had a UK credit/debit card for 20 years. My bank (NatWest International) does not require either to conduct financial transactions. Although I do have an RBSI iBanking card.

Terminology is clear.

The debit card has little or no application in Thailand as far as I can see. No one in their right mind would use such a card for ATM withdrawals....it would have to be a desperate last measure.

I think I only use mine for Premium Bond deposits . I have previously used the debit card for UK online purchases but I can't think of many here who would want to do the same.

Credit cards are a different kettle of fish. I use two over here for purchases in Baht. Neither have foreign transaction charges and the Visa/MasterCard exchange rate is always good. I have four credit cards that I would not use here because of the charges.

Yorky has said he does not need a "debit card" to do online banking, and I believe CO-CO has some sort of HSBC gismo in lieu of a card.

I would not be able to do any UK online banking without my 2 cards , which are both referred to as Visa Debit Cards.

Yorky has said he does not need a "debit card" to do online banking, and I believe CO-CO has some sort of HSBC gismo in lieu of a card.

I would not be able to do any UK online banking without my 2 cards , which are both referred to as Visa Debit Cards.

Nationwide requires a card reader for certain transaction - usually payments to a new beneficiary. Nat West also has a card and card reader.

I still can't imagine that many people on here would need to make payments that require such authorisation.

I do not have and do not need, neither credit nor debit card for my UK bank (Lloyds). However, I do have full Internet banking and can move money from my account instantly.

Back