UK PENSION SERVICE LIFE CERTIFICATES

A response!

"Dear Yorky
Thank you for your email to Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) dated 28 September 2020.
I have checked the records and your Life Certificate has not been updated as yet,they are done in datal order.If you wish to contact the department in a few weeks we should be able to tell you of its update.
Yours Sincerely
Cheryl"

Or a f**king joke?

SUGGESTION

Why don't we all email Cheryl to enquire about receipt of our Life Certs, at a specific time on a specific date, and overwhelm her? Sometime after 3pm Thai time would be ideal as that is when she is likely to be there.:p:cool:

A response!

"Dear Yorky
Thank you for your email to Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) dated 28 September 2020.
I have checked the records and your Life Certificate has not been updated as yet,they are done in datal order.If you wish to contact the department in a few weeks we should be able to tell you of its update.
Yours Sincerely
Cheryl"

Or a f**king joke?

Good response.

Would it not be a sensible idea to have a website where you may input your name and NI number to retrieve the status of your "Life Certificate"?

Or is that too sensible?

Would it not be a sensible idea to have a website where you may input your name and NI number to retrieve the status of your "Life Certificate"?

Or is that too sensible?

Or is that too sensible?
Sensible yes....BUT it would require far more security than just a name and NI number I would imagine

Sensible yes....BUT it would require far more security than just a name and NI number I would imagine

I was only proposing the status to be retrieved, i.e. whether the "Life Certificate" is current or not - not any information contained within the certificate.

I was only proposing the status to be retrieved, i.e. whether the "Life Certificate" is current or not - not any information contained within the certificate.

Dear Ms Caitlin (or Cheryl)................May I kindly suggest..................................:rolleyes:

Mine'd be a bloody sight shorter if the pension was stopped!
I have been submitting Life Certificates for one or another of my 3 pensions since 2004. I have not had a problem with a lost Life Certificate yet.

crossed-fingers.png

Nomad don't hold your breath. A couple of years ago I sent a registered letter/receipted delivery from Chiang Mai to Kap Cheong. It took six weeks. LoL. I hate to think how long it'll take to get to the UK particularly n these trying times.

The UK Life Certificate return envelope shows Great Britain as opposed to the normal United Kingdom or even England.

The Prakhonchai PO computer does not list Great Britain, and this morning they needed a lot of convincing that the letter should go to the UK, and that the UK and Great Britain were effectively one and the same.

Today's email:

"Dear Mr Yorky (name spelt differently but still wrong)

Thank you for your email dated 06/10/2020.

We have received your life certificate and it has been actioned. No further action is required.

Sam Brexit 4 Service Centre Team 1 | Department for Work and Pensions | Retirement Services| International Group | Room TC001, Tyneview Park, Whitley Road, Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1BA |Tel 01912187777 | www.gov.uk |

The Pension Service 11
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1LW
Great Britain"

Back